Credit to Uncle Tone and new set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit to Uncle Tone and new set-up

I know the season is yet to start but i for one would like to give some credit to Uncle Tone and the board...

They've stuck with us through thick and thin these last few years, been open, honest and thick skinned! - To me they've shown they love QPR and are determined to get things right and run the club in the right way.

They admitted mistakes were made and that we needed to go back to basics.. Tony realised, being the main man in terms of everything wasnt maybe the best position for him and made the decision of taking a backseat from now on and bring Football, QPR people into the club like Sir Les.

The club has already drastically changed in the space of 6 months IMO! I love everything the club is doing at the moment.. From the under 21's being in the same country as the first team for their pre-season to not budging on the fees we want for Charlie and Matty (the attitude of the 2 players, has been immense in itself through all the speculation). The fact we have gone out and scouted the likes of Blackwood in the under 21's, Polter from Germany, Gladwin, Luongo, the young Monaco lad signed for under 21's and not to mention getting J Mack back!, makes me proud of my club again.

The promotion of Steve Gallen to 1st team coach and Paul Hall to under 21's coach are movements which should be commended by everyone who supports the club. It shows that you can be whatever you want to be now at QPR, from employee to player.

I know its still early but everything seems to be moving in the right direction now and in the right way.. Results are not the be all and all this season, its about building and getting the foundations in place to go back to being a fantastic club - And enjoying the football again as fans!

We all had our reservations when Les was instilled, as to whether it was another 'PR spin' or if it was finally a general step in a new direction.
    To me Les is already starting to prove that he is turning the club around and long may it continue! I love my QPR again!! :-)

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I know the season is yet to start but i for one would like to give some credit to Uncle Tone and the board...

They've stuck with us through thick and thin these last few years, been open, honest and thick skinned! - To me they've shown they love QPR and are determined to get things right and run the club in the right way.

They admitted mistakes were made and that we needed to go back to basics.. Tony realised, being the main man in terms of everything wasnt maybe the best position for him and made the decision of taking a backseat from now on and bring Football, QPR people into the club like Sir Les.

The club has already drastically changed in the space of 6 months IMO! I love everything the club is doing at the moment.. From the under 21's being in the same country as the first team for their pre-season to not budging on the fees we want for Charlie and Matty (the attitude of the 2 players, has been immense in itself through all the speculation). The fact we have gone out and scouted the likes of Blackwood in the under 21's, Polter from Germany, Gladwin, Luongo, the young Monaco lad signed for under 21's, makes me proud of my club again.

The promotion of Steve Gallen to 1st team coach and Paul Hall to under 21's coach are movements which should be commended by everyone who supports the club. It shows that you can be whatever you want to be now at QPR, from employee to player.

I know its still early but everything seems to be moving in the right direction now and in the right way.. Results are not the be all and all this season, its about building and getting the foundations in place to go back to being a fantastic club - And enjoying the football again as fans!

We all had our reservations when Les was instilled, as to whether it was another 'PR spin' or if it was finally a general step in a new direction.
    To me Les is already starting to prove that he is turning the club around and long may it continue! I love my QPR again!! :-)
    Kirill and QprQpr will be here in 10 minutes tops when the 'accurate positive thread' notification reaches their phone.

This post sums up everything I feel at the moment. Fernandes will learn from those in front of him, people he knows have the best interests of the club at heart. We won't be getting 'hughesed' this time as a result. Everyone here is here because they love the club, not because they have to be here. As you said, Steve Gallen being a massive Rangers fan will rub off on the players, same goes for Les. I have worked with Gallen once or twice and he is a really top coach, works the players hard on their technique and makes sure everyone feels needed.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Certainly stuck with us. But far too early for panegyrics. Let's wait and see what happens on the pitch......

Comment

Probably the most sensible/honest post Ive seen on here! Top post mate!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Further proof Les is changing the whole ethic.. From having the under 21's in Italy for pre-season so he can watch their games, to comments like this on Matty and Charlie's future...

“You’re a professional for Queens Park Rangers at this moment in time. Until that changes I expect your professionalism in everything that you do – and so far they have been absolutely bang on.”

Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            far too early for panegyrics
            Fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Certainly stuck with us. But far too early for panegyrics. Let's wait and see what happens on the pitch......
              I will save my praise for an actual achievement. When people use the word love when talking about foreign investors it does make me laugh. I agree with the change in model and setup but its very early days

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                I will save my praise for an actual achievement. When people use the word love when talking about foreign investors it does make me laugh. I agree with the change in model and setup but its very early days
                I don't think you have to be from here to love a club. Tony has shown quite often his love for the club and I am more than happy to accept that as what he now feels.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I haven't been Fernandes' biggest fan over the last 4 years, but I will give him credit for finally appreciating that if he attempts to both own and run the club we will fail. Bringing in Ferdinand appears to have been a very shrewd appointment in hindsight - his attitude regarding transfers and his unwillingness to budge on player prices is something that we have been crying out for for a very long time (ironically ever since we sold him for far less than he was worth in the mid 90's). As others have said though, sorting out the club off the field is only half the battle........

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Fully agree.
                    Despite what happens in the future, at this moment in time the board/DOF etc are doing a great job. Said it on another thread yesturday, had Les not been here Id put money on that 1 or 2 of Austin/Phillips/Fer/Sandro would've been gone by now. But reckon TF/Les are fully in control of things and will stick by the price tags they've put on them. Again despite what happens in the future, credit where due. With the future/vision of qpr fc in mind we've for once gone out and scouted these young players... Of coures nothing is a guarantee but we are at least doing things right for once!
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      I don't think you have to be from here to love a club. Tony has shown quite often his love for the club and I am more than happy to accept that as what he now feels.
                      No i agree about where you come from but if your first interaction with a business or football club is financial investment then surely your primary objective is to make as much profit as possible irrespective of the consequences. On the other hand if you were raised as a supporter of said club and then chose to invest then I would say that relationship is based on love. It obviously benefits the board to dress it up as if they love the club but deep down if it wasnt for their vast investments would they be attending loftus road most weeks or even at all? I also think you are confusing love for pouring money down the drain which arent quite the same thing
                      Last edited by Hove Ranger; 14-07-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        No i agree about where you come from but if your first interaction with a business or football club is financial investment then surely your primary objective is to make as much profit as possible irrespective of the consequences. On the other hand if you were raised as a supporter of said club and then chose to invest then I would say that relationship is based on love. It obviously benefits the board to dress it up as if they love the club but deep down if it wasnt for their vast investments would they be attending loftus road most weeks or even at all?
                        Honestly I think he had the best of intentions. I think his idea was to invest money in order for us to grow and I think he felt guilty saying no as he didn't want to hold us back. He just maybe was a bit naive but I have no doubt he just wanted us to do well. I really do like to think it wasn't for his own financial gain.

Comment

I find it quite sad if you are someone that cannot find it within themselves to commend the club now, after all the sh1te we have been through.

What is wrong with now having re-knewed optimism in the club... Things are moving in the right direction again. It wouldnt hurt to give a little praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan8947 View Post
                            Honestly I think he had the best of intentions. I think his idea was to invest money in order for us to grow and I think he felt guilty saying no as he didn't want to hold us back. He just maybe was a bit naive but I have no doubt he just wanted us to do well. I really do like to think it wasn't for his own financial gain.
                            So he just decided one day to throw a load of money at a random club in London just to make qpr fans feel better? Of course it was for financial gain and I have no problem with that, he is a business man. I just think the word love is used way too easily when in reality he is here to make a killing financially and hopefully we can benefit as a club and fans at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Despite what happens in the future, at this moment in time the board/DOF etc are doing a great job. Said it on another thread yesturday, had Les not been here Id put money on that 1 or 2 of Austin/Phillips/Fer/Sandro would've been gone by now. But reckon TF/Les are fully in control of things and will stick by the price tags they've put on them. Again despite what happens in the future, credit where due. With the future/vision of qpr fc in mind we've for once gone out and scouted these young players... Of coures nothing is a guarantee but we are at least doing things right for once!
                              No argument at all there Nick. All the signs and rhetoric are very encouraging both in the short and long-term for the club.

Just reserving a little judgment until we see where it truly counts i.e. on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X