Caulker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    I think the difference between Caulker and the others being mentioned (jones, stones, smalling) is that they probably arent on the lash most weeks, getting in scuffles and "falling over" when out, while turning in disinterested performances contributing to the teams demise. I couldnt imagine LVG would stand for jones or smalling living a similar lifestyle as caulker. The problem we had/have with caulker is that he knows he is number 1 and there isnt anyone to push him or keep him on his toes. I hope a year in the championship is the kick up the a*se or rude awakening that he needs and he learns/grows/realises from this and becomes the player many over the years have said he can be. Wouldnt be surprised to see him snapped up by someone over the summer though (despite the interview he gave the other day)
    Where has these rumours come from that be drinks every weekend? I very much doubt he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
      Where has these rumours come from that be drinks every weekend? I very much doubt he does.
      Its not the just the drink that he likes a bit of.

Its just known among people at the club and I hope its his lifestyle that explains his performances, otherwise we have signed a dud.

Oh and he has been in the papers at least 2 maybe 3 times in stories concerning him on nights out last season alone. 2 of them concerning him covered in blood
      Last edited by Hove Ranger; 08-07-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I am glad to hear this as I think he has the potential even after a poor season.

Comment

Will be a top CB in the Championship. Needs to stop heading the ball back into the dangerzone though.

Comment

I think/hope a season in the champs gets him back on track.....proven good player in there somewhere

Comment

He has the physical attributes but not the mental ones. Unfortunately, the mental ones tend to be the ones you are stuck with.

Physically he is big, strong, and fast.

Mentally, he is gutless, does not have the concentration to mark his man, and has poor positional sense.

Never going to be a top player IMHO and I'm sure other clubs can see it now. No wonder Cardiff were willing to let him go for a loss. That's £8m we will never see again, not to mention £33k per week - another of our very expensive mistakes.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Brilliant news if true.

Bad season last year we all know it but if people had seen his performances at Swansea and Cardiff before he moved to us you would know he's a decent player. Not making excuses but there was no stability at the back last year and he was shot of confidence.
                Stepping down in standard and continuity Of a partnership with ned I fully expect him to be the best cb in the division alongside ned. We are very lucky if that is our first choice pairing for most of the season.
                I agree. He looked good before and I thought he was unlucky not to go to the world cup in place of Smalling who did not have a good season.
                Last season he was far too inconsistent but I also said recently, that the constant back 4 changes did nothing to settle him or anyone else in defence...take a bow Redkrapp.
                If he stays and plays as part of a settled defence he could turn out to be a quality defender after all.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I agree. He looked good before and I thought he was unlucky not to go to the world cup in place of Smalling who did not have a good season.
                  Last season he was far too inconsistent but I also said recently, that the constant back 4 changes did nothing to settle him or anyone else in defence...take a bow Redkrapp.
                  If he stays and plays as part of a settled defence he could turn out to be a quality defender after all.
                  The constant back 4 changes has little to do with a brainless player looking bad , a good footballer with no brains = a bad player , a good footballer with brains = a good player even in a constant changing back 4 , in his case there is no excuse for the elementary mistakes on a regular basis

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    The constant back 4 changes has little to do with a brainless player looking bad , a good footballer with no brains = a bad player , a good footballer with brains = a good player even in a constant changing back 4 , in his case there is no excuse for the elementary mistakes on a regular basis
                    But he didnt look so brainless at Swansea or Cardiff where they had a settled defence.

Comment

Different players around him react differently and force you to change the way you defend. Having pacey Onuoha makes you play one way in defense, having physically intimidating Dunne makes you play another way and having (supposedly) ground tackler Rio on the team makes you play another way. Constantly rotating means that Caulker has to try and adapt to 3 different defensive roles.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        But he didnt look so brainless at Swansea or Cardiff where they had a settled defence.
                        What the Cardiff side that finished bottom and let in 74 goals?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          What the Cardiff side that finished bottom and let in 74 goals?
                          This is where I say stats should go out of the window sometimes, when you look at the full team. Stats are only useful for the individual and Caulker is someone who has performed at a very good level for 3 years before joining us.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Different players around him react differently and force you to change the way you defend. Having pacey Onuoha makes you play one way in defense, having physically intimidating Dunne makes you play another way and having (supposedly) ground tackler Rio on the team makes you play another way. Constantly rotating means that Caulker has to try and adapt to 3 different defensive roles.
                            All of what you just said +plus a brainless footballer = a bad player , yeah give all the excuses fore countless ELLEMENTARY errors

Comment

All of what you just said +plus a brainless footballer = a bad player , yeah give all the excuses fore countless ELLEMENTARY errors
                              He lacks some mental qualities but he certainly isn't brainless, think you are over exaggerating your point to be honest. We will see how he does this season but I can see him being the outstanding player in this squad.

Comment

No doubts Caulker will stand out in the championship but then he should when he cost £8 mill and is on a big contract. I doubt he will play much in the championship though as someone will end up taking him over the window

Comment

Working...
                                X