Caulker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    He lacks some mental qualities but he certainly isn't brainless, think you are over exaggerating your point to be honest. We will see how he does this season but I can see him being the outstanding player in this squad.
    Look I'll grant you this he is a very good footballer he has all the attributes to be a top C/H bar one thing brains , you see all that is good about him and miss out the all important part of his game ,I hate to say this John Terry isn't as good a footballer as Caulker but has all the ingredients that is required to be a top C/H concentration anticipation the ability to read a game caulker has none of these , he seems and probably is incapable of learning what has been taught to him for at least the last 12 years safety 1st in your half play football in their half
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Look I'll grant you this he is a very good footballer he has all the attributes to be a top C/H bar one thing brains , you see all that is good about him and miss out the all important part of his game ,I hate to say this John Terry isn't as good a footballer as Caulker but has all the ingredients that is required to be a top C/H concentration anticipation the ability to read a game caulker has none of these , he seems and probably is incapable of learning what has been taught to him for at least the last 12 years safety 1st in your half play football in their half
      I agree in a sense but I honestly have seen players be taught to raise their awareness. There are ways to work on it that coaches learn getting their badges. Awareness is a huge element and it is hard to teach but not impossible. Having someone like Les come in might actually be handy, as an ex top striker, he can teach Caulker the standard movements to expect from a striker and how players have dealt with him in the past.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I agree in a sense but I honestly have seen players be taught to raise their awareness. There are ways to work on it that coaches learn getting their badges. Awareness is a huge element and it is hard to teach but not impossible. Having someone like Les come in might actually be handy, as an ex top striker, he can teach Caulker the standard movements to expect from a striker and how players have dealt with him in the past.
        That's why Redknapp brought in Rio even tho Rio didn't play a lot he was there at training with him yet there was no evidence all last season , he was thoughtless from beginning to end

Comment

That's why Redknapp brought in Rio even tho Rio didn't play a lot he was there at training with him yet there was no evidence all last season , he was thoughtless from beginning to end
          Where's the link for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            What the Cardiff side that finished bottom and let in 74 goals?
            Cardiff were not a good side though. They did not strengthen their squad well and sacked Mackay when they were doing reasonably well.
            Caulker's stats were actually good for tackles blocks and of course goals scored.

Comment

Bang on. 8mil for caulker was criminal. Doubt we even scouted him before we bought him. He has all physical attributes but as mentioned, can't read the game and is oftenly caught out of position. He might need a season in Championship as its less likely for other teams to outplay us as we did in the prem but he'll still have his hands full in this league.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

TBF, Rio had so much on his plate last season so I can't exactly complain that he wasn't able to teach a lot of it to Caulker. That being said, having Clint attempt to teach defensive skills to caulker is a thought to frighten me. Love the bloke to bits but having him impart his defensive knowledge on the youth is not something for us yet. Attitude definitely he should be teaching.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

TBF, Rio had so much on his plate last season so I can't exactly complain that he wasn't able to teach a lot of it to Caulker. That being said, having Clint attempt to teach defensive skills to caulker is a thought to frighten me. Love the bloke to bits but having him impart his defensive knowledge on the youth is not something for us yet. Attitude definitely he should be teaching.
                  Total bull s hit as ever. Endless mistakes from Caulker last season, as everyone on here , apart from you recognizes. How many from Clint? Funny that we conceded the most goals in the PL and had the worse goal difference, isn't it?

Comment

Buddy I really cant believe that crack about Hill he may not be a top player he may getting over the hill no pun , but imo he could teach Caulker plenty of what is missing in his game that is to work on the very basics of defending as a central defender should , S A F E T Y 1st when in doubt kick it out never head or pass the ball across your own penalty area when coming out of a defensive position don't be smart and make a short pass if a pass is not on either leather it out , or as far up field as possible
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 10-07-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Absolute nonsense. How can you not see how good Clint is at the basics of defending ? Something Caulker struggled with at times last season!

Comment

Absolute nonsense. How can you not see how good Clint is at the basics of defending ? Something Caulker struggled with at times last season!
                        At times at times behave yourself Mushy all the time please

Comment

The basics of defending Clint has down to a fine art, correct. If you play a side that lump balls up, he will (9 times out of 10) be in the right place and get the ball clear. However, a footballing side will bypass Clint with ease, and when he gets the ball it's either 1) lump down the line or 2) short pass inside to one of our CBs. It's generally the former of these which, a lot of the time, results in us losing possession.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Hill been a great defender. Knows the basics inside out. If he had the footballing ability of rio and some pace what a defender. Think caulker a got som much raw talent abut maybe lacks the basics and desire. Could learn a hell of a lot from hill for the better.

As said though think caulker will come good this year and justify his price tag. Good player there and honestly think taking a step Backwards will help hi take 2 or 3 forward. Stability and energy in the squad will help him and I don't think the risks he took last year will happen as much.

Comment

If all our defenders did was just kick the ball as far up the field as possible i'd be happy with that. Watching Nervous Ned try and control the ball like its a hot potato or seeing Yun turn in field only to be blown over by a gust of wind gives me the horrors. Just clear the danger, its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                                If all our defenders did was just kick the ball as far up the field as possible i'd be happy with that. Watching Nervous Ned try and control the ball like its a hot potato or seeing Yun turn in field only to be blown over by a gust of wind gives me the horrors. Just clear the danger, its as simple as that.
                                Yep teams have been successful doing that but it is nice to see a bit of culture from full backs

Comment

Working...
                                X