Tom Carrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by winalotto View Post
    To really judge him and any player you should watch him when hes in a team that suits his style, now Ramsey knows they way he works and the set up that suits him, so if he does come in maybe that gives us a clue how Ramsey will set up this season and the style he wants to play.

Comment

• Have we actually been linked with him in the media?

Comment

• Do we even need Carrol now we got Luongo? Sound like the same sort of player to me, with ML having a bit of extra go forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Do we even need Carrol now we got Luongo? Sound like the same sort of player to me, with ML having a bit of extra go forward.
          I actually think together they would work very well, just my opinion though , different types of midfielders one is much more box to box and the other creative

Comment

I actually think together they would work very well, just my opinion though , different types of midfielders one is much more box to box and the other creative
            Which one is box to box? Surely not LTC? If he's sitting infront of our defence we really are ####ed.

If its a less than 2m transaction, I'd sign him perm not probs as he's decent squad player with potential to imporve. Any more than 2m or a loan deal and its a big fat NO from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
              Which one is box to box? Surely not LTC? If he's sitting infront of our defence we really are ####ed.

If its a less than 2m transaction, I'd sign him perm not probs as he's decent squad player with potential to imporve. Any more than 2m or a loan deal and its a big fat NO from me.
              Actually im a bit old fashion i not a fan of all this holding mid or box to box or creative, to me you play in the middle your a midfielder , but nowadays its all scientific , but your right you probably wouldn't call Carroll box to box

Comment

Actually im a bit old fashion i not a fan of all this holding mid or box to box or creative, to me you play in the middle your a midfielder , but nowadays its all scientific , but your right you probably wouldn't call Carroll box to box
                Agreed a Midfielder is a Midfielder. Problem is that Luongo is a slight fella, not very tall so loses out plenty in aerial/physical battles. LTC is even slighter, never won a header or a tackle, play these 2 together in midfield and we will get absolutely bulldozered. It's one or the other for me (on any given day).

Comment

• I wouldn't call Luongo the shy and retiring type of midfielder

Comment

• Luongo and carroll playing CM in the championship would get steamrolled and eaten alive. Both a bit small for my liking

Comment

To really judge him and any player you should watch him when hes in a team that suits his style.
                      So Messi would be rubbish at QPR without his tikka takka mates would he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Well if he isn't as good as Messi, he's definitely not right for QPR.

Edit: Mind you given our record at removing any talent or potential at QPR, it's certainly feasible that Messi would turn into Paul Bruce if he pulled on the hoops....

Comment

• Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                          Edit: Mind you given our record at removing any talent or potential at QPR, it's certainly feasible that Messi would turn into Paul Bruce if he pulled on the hoops....
                          ha...we are the Bermuda triangle of player skill !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            He'd definitely score the odd solo wonder goal but I can just imagine him making an intelligent run and Traore just dribbling it out of play instead

Comment

I wouldn't call Luongo the shy and retiring type of midfielder
                              One of my mates supports Swindon and reckons he is an absolute weapon

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shepherds Mush;1422991]So Messi would be rubbish at QPR without his tikka takka mates would he?[/QUOT

No i think there's a few exceptions that we are all quite aware of, Messi being one, although you could argue he is more suited to the way Barca play than Qpr at this moment anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X