No announcement yet.

Tom Carrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say for that money Ya Ya Tommy is not worth that. Tough league the championship, he would be knocked on his #### most games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Not for me. Great at passing the ball sideways quickly, but well overrated IMO.
      Couldn't agree more Mush, son of Wilkins. Totally over rated. Made Adel look like Roy Keane when opponents were attacking.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more, if its not on forward then sideways and backwards keeps possession of the ball , Michael Carrick is prime example of someone who keeps the ball for fun, cant always go forward , its how your taught in academy's now , Wilkins was the master at it.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
          Couldn't disagree more, if its not on forward then sideways and backwards keeps possession of the ball , Michael Carrick is prime example of someone who keeps the ball for fun, cant always go forward , its how your taught in academy's now , Wilkins was the master at it.
          If he was any good he'd be playing alongside Mason. Taking it off one centre back to give it to the other, and then run back to give it to the full back isn't going to get you anywhere. Without the ball, opponents ran past him without him even noticing the runs. Carrick is on a different planet in every aspect of a holding midfield player.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            If he was any good he'd be playing alongside Mason. Taking it off one centre back to give it to the other, and then run back to give it to the full back isn't going to get you anywhere. Without the ball, opponents ran past him without him even noticing the runs. Carrick is on a different planet in every aspect of a holding midfield player.
            He also has far better players around him , players who were far more comfortable taking the ball under pressure , depends how Ramsey wants to play it , but i don't think HR side suited Carroll and his style because we couldn't pass water let alone the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              I'd have him all day long - put him with a couple of people who know how to play football for example Faurlin and I think he would be class in the championship...

He played a fair amount for Swansea last year I believe? So surely good enough for us?
              That's a cert way to get Ali crocked again, go missing without the ball and let Ali do the work of two.

Comment

Agree he passes for the sake of passing even when the forward ball was on he played safe and went backwards or sideways. Possession is great at the right time but you also need penetration on the odd occasion

Carroll is a dream to play agsinst as he plays the ball slow and back so if you see it go to him you know you get the chance get back in position and behind the ball

Comment

he was OK for us , not great, a bit lightweight for the championship. Maybe he has bulked up a bit and ramsey must know him. Personally i would say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    I might be in the minority but I like Tom Carrol and to me he made the team click, unfortunately though Harry's random team selection with other players out of position didn't help him but to me he was a tidy player, reminded me of a young version of Don Masson.
                    LTC isn't even close to Don Masson. The guy was hugely ineffective last time and hasn't done anything since so I hope this is a wind up.

Comment

To me he looked like a youngster in need of games... Good player and one we could develop to become even better... Yes from me

Comment

hmmmmm will be about 15 months older if he joins again.....possibly = less light weight?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Bit over the top isn't it?
                          I'd have him. Good player, good attitude as well.
                          Yes, I feel the same. The price would have to be right though.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

If he has improved from the last time he played for us yes.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                              LTC isn't even close to Don Masson. The guy was hugely ineffective last time and hasn't done anything since so I hope this is a wind up.
                              No Northolt not a wind up just my opinion, just like you have yours !

Comment

That's a cert way to get Ali crocked again, go missing without the ball and let Ali do the work of two.
                                That's just a harsh judgement call. Carroll is a good footballer. Think people forget how poor our team was in the championship footballing wise. Put that boy alongside people who can pass the ball and actually move into decent positions around the pitch and your see a good player.

The reason I say him and Ali would be good is because faurlin has the same ability to find a pass. Carroll ain't no world beater but I reckon most clubs in the championship would want to snap him up. He's got fantastic potential but needs to be in a team that set up a certain way with players who can get the ball on the floor and play.

Comment

Working...
                                X