No announcement yet.

Tom Carrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if he's bulked up since he was here as remember a good player but a bit lightwieght

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      I might be in the minority but I like Tom Carrol and to me he made the team click, unfortunately though Harry's random team selection with other players out of position didn't help him but to me he was a tidy player, reminded me of a young version of Don Masson.
      I never rated him from what I saw of him as a QPR player.
      Did very little to put his own stamp on any of the games I saw.
      He also has a very slight frame and I can see him getting bullied.

I talk to a very educated spurs fan from day to day and we discuss many things football related.
      He is very impressed with my knowledge but I also respect his.

The name Alex David Pritchard just keeps coming into the conversation. This is a young lad with incredible potential and has many more assets compared to tom thumb.
      He is an attacking footballer and I know that is different so hard to compare the 2 but he had a very impressive season for brentford and he is a player that is very dynamic. I want to see many more player that are dynamic that is the key word that we have clearly lacked for many years. I did get a glimpse with Diakite but obviously that was short lasted.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Too small, too light, can't pass forward, can't carry the ball. No.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          It's called continuity play, if he is giving it to players that can do something with it, you would see the benefit of having him in the team, some of the best deep lying midfielders on the continent play this way.
          True but those players don't just stop at giving the ball sideways, they can also pick a forward pass and unlock defences (Xavi being the master of this).

I'm undoubtedly being harsh on Carroll but to me he didn't seem to make or even try those telling forward passes enough.

Comment

Yes. Carrol actually tries to play football, would be a step in the right direction. Dunno if I'd want him starting every match but he could definitely chip in,

Comment

Personally, no.

Tidy little footballer, decent attitude & always had a want the ball attitude, but for me the championship is a little more rough and tumble, and I heard a lot about his decisive, slick through balls yet rarely saw them. Lots of sideways, 5 yard passes which is fine in a very good passing side (Swansea) but I'm not sure we're that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                True but those players don't just stop at giving the ball sideways, they can also pick a forward pass and unlock defences (Xavi being the master of this).

I'm undoubtedly being harsh on Carroll but to me he didn't seem to make or even try those telling forward passes enough.
                Our attack under Harry had absolutely no movement. Charlie's not the fastest, Bobby's an invalid, none of the wingers were up to much. Can't expect him to thread passes through if he doesn't have something to aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Too small, too light, can't pass forward, can't carry the ball. No.
                  Hmm and Eden Hazard is also too small and too light with his 173cm and 74kg
                  I always said Hazard could not play in the PL
                  Not talking about Jermain Defoe with his 167cm and 65kg

Yes Tom Carroll is 177cm and 71kg

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                    Our attack under Harry had absolutely no movement. Charlie's not the fastest, Bobby's an invalid, none of the wingers were up to much. Can't expect him to thread passes through if he doesn't have something to aim for.
                    And how has he done at Swansea with their rapid forward line?

Also, Hoilett and Phillips have pace and Austin has enough about him in and around the box but if the ball never gets passed forward you wont see that movement will you.
                    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 02-06-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Always looked lightweight to me. CMs need some weight. If they're small they need speed and to be able to carry the ball past players. Fella, to be fair, has balls; he always showed for the ball as Jimmy says. Never ever hid. Always tried his best. Good attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                        Hmm and Eden Hazard is also too small and too light with his 173cm and 74kg
                        I always said Hazard could not play in the PL
                        Not talking about Jermain Defoe with his 167cm and 65kg

Yes Tom Carroll is 177cm and 71kg
                        You forgot the King of footballers, Messi!

His size has nothing to do with anything, if we do get him and put the right players around him it might work?
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Good God no!!! one of the most dire CM I have ever had to watch. Zero impact in most games, slowed the game down (where people are getting he played it quick from is strange) and if he had the choice of passing forwards and taking a risk or passing backwards and being negative he went sideways or backwards.

Perhaps playing to instructions at the time but from what I saw hes the opposite of what we need we now; we want fast, dynamic players who can win a tackle not powder puff, bottle jobs in middle of the park. Not for me on this occasion

Went to Swansea a team that shout have suited him and still never got a sniff

Comment

I just get so angry when people say stupid things like players are too small too light - size does not matter here

Some more names for too light and too small players compared to TC - Dave Thomas, Stan Bowles and John Hollins
                            Sterling is also too light/small for us

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              So, if we are looking at a player that certainly suits that style of play - (I want to watch quick passing, ball retention and progressive football) in my book it's a great move and an indication of how Ramsey wants to play?
                              I think we might be playing 433 next year.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

There's a very good player in there. I think he just relies on confidence. I also think he was getting mixed signals from the manager and coaches last time out. But yes - he does need to bulk up.

Comment

Working...
                                X