Tom Carrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    That's just a harsh judgement call. Carroll is a good footballer. Think people forget how poor our team was in the championship footballing wise. Put that boy alongside people who can pass the ball and actually move into decent positions around the pitch and your see a good player.

The reason I say him and Ali would be good is because faurlin has the same ability to find a pass. Carroll ain't no world beater but I reckon most clubs in the championship would want to snap him up. He's got fantastic potential but needs to be in a team that set up a certain way with players who can get the ball on the floor and play.
    Agree Maids. Think Carroll would be a good addition. IF we could get a couple of decent wingers on both sides (imho Phillips is going) Carroll could just feed them balls and leave them to deliver balls into the strikers. Thats not to say Carroll wont be picking long 'forward' passes too, as I would fully expect him to.

Also its easy to forget how poor we were as a footballing side, just because we won promotion. Our side was mainly set up to get 'a goal' and then see the game out. No energy, no excitement, no free flowing football, no real attacking football, it was in general just boring slow football. Also that in mind I wouldnt actually be surprised if Carroll was told to play the way he did. IMHO Ramsey/Les will set us up the complete opposite to how Redknapp did, and we'll be full of energy, with the side full of players who naturally want to get forward and attack. And Carroll 'could' play a key role in feeding them players the chances to go forward.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Play him as a number 10 then yeah, sign him up

Play him deep in midfield - then no as we'll get overrun by teams on the counter

Comment

The important thing is there any substance to us being in for him I haven't seen any

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Agree Maids. Think Carroll would be a good addition. IF we could get a couple of decent wingers on both sides (imho Phillips is going) Carroll could just feed them balls and leave them to deliver balls into the strikers. Thats not to say Carroll wont be picking long 'forward' passes too, as I would fully expect him to.

Also its easy to forget how poor we were as a footballing side, just because we won promotion. Our side was mainly set up to get 'a goal' and then see the game out. No energy, no excitement, no free flowing football, no real attacking football, it was in general just boring slow football. Also that in mind I wouldnt actually be surprised if Carroll was told to play the way he did. IMHO Ramsey/Les will set us up the complete opposite to how Redknapp did, and we'll be full of energy, with the side full of players who naturally want to get forward and attack. And Carroll 'could' play a key role in feeding them players the chances to go forward.
          Nail on the head mate - we were not a footballing team and Carroll was not suited to the way we played.

He was also still young and needed more game time and some bulking up. Think he's got potential personally.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Nail on the head mate - we were not a footballing team and Carroll was not suited to the way we played.

He was also still young and needed more game time and some bulking up. Think he's got potential personally.
            So in the season since he played for us he's not really had any game time and had not bulked up. Why does no team trust or play him or make any efforts to hold on to him after his loan period???

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              The important thing is there any substance to us being in for him I haven't seen any
              Yes
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                Yes
                You cant leave at that ! what was or is it pray ?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  So in the season since he played for us he's not really had any game time and had not bulked up. Why does no team trust or play him or make any efforts to hold on to him after his loan period???
                  Personally I think it's levels and atm he prob should be in the championship. Have to say when he did play for Swansea he looked decent - just they have a few quality cms that would all walk into our team.

I don't think it's a reflection on Carrolls ability but the fact is there were better cms at Swansea.

There isn't at qpr and personally just reckon the lads been harshly judged.

Comment

I dont want him on loan as it doesnt suit us in the long term (unless there is a future perm transfer agreed). Would rather develop our own players. Havent seen anything from him personally to be too bothered if he comes or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      I dont want him on loan as it doesnt suit us in the long term (unless there is a future perm transfer agreed). Would rather develop our own players. Havent seen anything from him personally to be too bothered if he comes or not
                      Spot in hove - if this move has any truth to it whatsoever it needs to be a permanent one for the benefit of everyone concerned.
                      Carroll needs to be at a club now he can really kick on, play games and develop and we need committed players who want to kick on at QPR.

Comment

• Assuming he is genuine option then chaps what price his head???

If Spurs asked for anything over 1.5 or 2mil absolute max I would walk away

Comment

• I think that's a fair price west but as its levy he will probably have him valued at around 5 mill and if that's the case money can be spent better.

Carroll at 2 mill is worth a punt though.

Comment

• I would take him, decent ball player. Needs to muscle u a bit IMO, but stick him in the middle with a bit of a bruiser & could be a good pairing. He got way more stick than he deserved during his loan spell with us.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              You could argue the same for Andros Townsend. From 2009-2013 he was loaned out to 9 different club. Imho Andros is a right gem of a player, capped for England and yet he's never managed (until recently) to secure his place at spurs.

A little bit of work and with the right players around him (the young hungry type that I feel we're going for) Carroll 'could' settle and play his best football that his potential has to offer.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• To really judge him and any player you should watch him when hes in a team that suits his style, now Ramsey knows they way he works and the set up that suits him, so if he does come in maybe that gives us a clue how Ramsey will set up this season and the style he wants to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X