Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    The FFP rules were changed recently after a vote. Can't see how they can do us under the old rules.

Besides, I'm sure the lawyers took a good look at this before the write-off occurred.

The rules don't change for another year or so. They said at the time they changed them that we would still be judged on the original rules that are still in force.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Quite right James.

As angry as I am about the on field farce that this season has descended into, I have to say that it is a bit disappointing to see quite so many people on here almost gleeful at the possibility of us getting a huge fine.

It won't happen though, for so many reasons. The most obvious one of course is that such a ridiculous fine, in itself would lead to the almost certain need to impose one every year thereafter, as a fine would be regarded as a loss as far as any financial accounting is concerned. Therefore, any club falling foul of such a stupid law, would immediately lose at least that the following year.

Haven't yet decided though, which is more laughable. The thought of the Football League attempting to impose something that isn't enforceable, or those on here thinking that they could.

Any fine is not considered in the following seasons accounts. So whatever they hit us with (& presuming we pay it) is removed from the profit/loss figures the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
        The rules don't change for another year or so. They said at the time they changed them that we would still be judged on the original rules that are still in force.
        Have you a source for this? I'd be interested in reading it.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Quite right James.

As angry as I am about the on field farce that this season has descended into, I have to say that it is a bit disappointing to see quite so many people on here almost gleeful at the possibility of us getting a huge fine.

It won't happen though, for so many reasons. The most obvious one of course is that such a ridiculous fine, in itself would lead to the almost certain need to impose one every year thereafter, as a fine would be regarded as a loss as far as any financial accounting is concerned. Therefore, any club falling foul of such a stupid law, would immediately lose at least that the following year.

Haven't yet decided though, which is more laughable. The thought of the Football League attempting to impose something that isn't enforceable, or those on here thinking that they could.
          You get the feeling that some people on here who have an anti-TF agenda WANT us to cop a massive fine and end up in administration just so they can tell the world they were right about the chairman all along.

No court in the country will allow the FL to impose rules that are contrary to normal business practice and are considered legal.

There's too many know-it-alls on here that seem to think they know their way around a set of accounts. Think I'd rather put my trust in a qualified accountant, someone like the chairman for example.

Now here's something to consider. How many lads on here are self-employed that believe we're in big trouble, think they know all about accounting, yet use an accountant themselves? If you know so much about accounts, why hire an accountant?

Comment

I believe that the rule of Lex Mitior would be applied to the case if proved .That means that judgement would be based on the lesser punishment Lawyers would claim to be judged under the new rules which have been published to FL teams for 2015 /16 season,The punishment tariff is much reduced & was previously commented on on 14th Nov 2014 by Sky Sport as £39m loss over 3 year period meaning fine would be about half of what is at present being quoted .Again though the rule would be subject to review & judgement with regard to EU regulation where current case could well deam FFP illegal

Comment

I have to say that it is a bit disappointing to see quite so many people on here almost gleeful at the possibility of us getting a huge fine.
              It takes some real screwed up psychology to actually wish misfortune on your own club either due to a personal dislike of the owners, or simply not wishing to be proved wrong. Sad.

Comment

I doubt even Kirill who is probably the most anti TF on here wants us to get a FFP fine. Think we have a chance to get away with it with the bit of creative accounting we have attempted. Lets hope so.

Comment

It looks to me as though owners inject as loans rather than money to get round FFP. Has anyone got detail on FFP, had a quick look at a summary and didn't mention anything about loans being written off being excluded

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    It looks to me as though owners inject as loans rather than money to get round FFP. Has anyone got detail on FFP, had a quick look at a summary and didn't mention anything about loans being written off being excluded
                    Money is noted in the accounts as being a "related Party Transaction" and apparently that is explicitly ruled out in FFP rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...lay-rules.html

Comment

FFP rules are only club membership rules not law of land only winner will be lawyers pushing their barrowload of poundnotes into the sunset

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        It takes some real screwed up psychology to actually wish misfortune on your own club either due to a personal dislike of the owners, or simply not wishing to be proved wrong. Sad.
                        A very similar situation occured with the Faurlin situation when we won the Championship. Many people were getting very concerned about a possible points deduction that was never going to happen. The only difference being that virtually every Rangers fan was concerned because of their love for our club, rather than some weird dislike for the owners.

Comment

No QPR fan would want us fined, surely. And no QPR fan would actually want us relegated now, right? Because relegation will hit us as hard as the fine.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            No QPR fan would want us fined, surely. And no QPR fan would actually want us relegated now, right? Because relegation will hit us as hard as the fine.

Relegation could be a disaster looking at the finances.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

Relegation could be a disaster looking at the finances.
                              Well we are now going down so we'll soon see what the Football League decide to do. We unfairly bought our way out of the division and took the place of a team who played fairly financially. Maybe the creative accounting for our financial ineptitude will let us get away with it, maybe we will get done for it...

Comment

Originally posted by W5R View Post
                                Well we are now going down so we'll soon see what the Football League decide to do. We unfairly bought our way out of the division and took the place of a team who played fairly financially. Maybe the creative accounting for our financial ineptitude will let us get away with it, maybe we will get done for it...
                                Aren't Leicester too under the FL's FFP radar? You make out it's just us that may have fallen foul of these so-called rules. Why do you think the clubs voted for a change of rule? Were they fair in the first place?

You seem to have complete negativity in all things QPR I'm sorry to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X