Jason Burt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Burt

Journalist for the Telegraph. The most honest and thought provoking article I've read so far on our current situation:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...t-his-own.html
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 15-01-2015, 12:48 PM.

2 articles in a week digging out Harry.

Is the tide turning in the media?

Comment

QPR manager Harry Redknapp must stop playing blame game - if Hoops go down it's nobody's fault but his own
      He has continually talked about deficiencies of his squad. But it is HIS squad and it is one that would appear to have received enough investment to avoid drop this season

Well it's the truth and peoples money and club is at stake here!

Comment

[QUOTE=Jimmy Rabbit;1370470]2 articles in a week digging out Harry.

Is the tide turning in the media?[/QUOTE]

If so, it's about time. The media have already afforded him more time than virtually any other manager would've been given.

Comment

Pretty much spot on in that article and about time the media saw Redknapp for what he really is
          We Are The People.....

Comment

Honestly believe his position has become untenable if we lose against united saturday.

Comment

Excellent article by Jason Burt and sums up the situation perfectly, detailing a catalogue of all HR's mistakes and failings.

There's only one sentence in the whole piece which I disagree with:

"He (HR) is a good talker."

I don't think he's a good talker at all. I think he mumbles and bumbles his way through interviews and half the time he begins a sentence.......................................... ......then stops in mid-flow without finishing it.

Comment

Totally agree with this article, but it left out one thing. The consequences of Harry blaming all but himself amid a rash of disappointment has done another piece of major damage: to his players. Sorry, but when you constantly diss the quality of the squad what does that say to those he's playing? You're not good enough. And they start playing that way. Here in America, the most famous line from President Harry Truman, who never shied away from taking responsibility for his actions, was "the buck stops here". If Harry is unwilling to do even that, it's time for him to retire. The hopes and dreams of too many who religiously follow, and fund, this club deserve more than a shrug of the shoulders. Lose Saturday, and it's time to replace excuses and blame with courage and spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Honestly believe his position has become untenable if we lose against united saturday.
                  His position was untenable for me when he said he was 10 mins from retiring in the play off final showed then his heart wasn't really in it and never has been
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

This isn't looking good for HR, journalist are like sheep, once one or two go the rest "where sure to go"
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

This is the 1st time I have seen so many articles on HR and his excuses.

It seems like the media world are finally waking up to what we have been saying for at least a few months.. Since the West Ham games in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                        His position was untenable for me when he said he was 10 mins from retiring in the play off final showed then his heart wasn't really in it and never has been
                        Hammer, meet nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                          Spot on!

What I don't understand though is all the flack he's getting? Why would he walk away?

Our board is an embarrassment yet because TF is a nice man, he gets away with it! In fact, has TF ever sacked anyone? I seem to remember he wanted Warnock and Hughes to stay but got pressured into it by board members!

Comment

I think people are going a bit silly now. If he walked cos he failed in not getting us up means he was being honorable and not that he has no heart for the job anymore. Its fine not liking him, but making things up is just kicking a dog when its down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              I think people are going a bit silly now. If he walked cos he failed in not getting us up means he was being honorable and not that he has no heart for the job anymore. Its fine not liking him, but making things up is just kicking a dog when its down.
                              I don't think people are saying that. I think they're making the point that he shouldn't have been given the choice, regardless of what happened in the play-off final. Anyone who watches a QPR press conference these days can see that his heart isn't in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X