No announcement yet.

Harry on Talk Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players need to get on with what the gaffer wants, and really try to make it work. 3-5-2 makes sense to me...it gives us the 5 across the mf, which usually means a team can control it.
    But also having 2 up front helps Charlie again a sensible move. We have brought in Rio, a cb who can pass and can read the game.
    Isla is used to playing this and Traore is better at this than lb.
    Harry should go with it for a run of 5/6 games at least and the players need to do their best.

Comment

As pointed out in the interview, the options in midfield have been somewhat limited with Barton, Mutch and Sandro all being injured. Those 3 or at least a combination of 2 out of the 3 are crucial to us irrespective of the system. And that's not an excuse, it's a fact but no doubt Harryout will get the blame anyway
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        As pointed out in the interview, the options in midfield have been somewhat limited with Barton, Mutch and Sandro all being injured. Those 3 or at least a combination of 2 out of the 3 are crucial to us irrespective of the system. And that's not an excuse, it's a fact but no doubt Harryout will get the blame anyway
        Options limited yes but the talent limited no which is why it should not be used as an excuse.. Krajcar, Henry and Fer is a good midfield and Henry has done himself no harm which is also why limited options should not be an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
          Maybe - but the team might not be very good
          Surely if you have 11 Raheem Sterlings you could adapt the to play in any position, even goal, but the team would not be very good
          Love the extreme example! In that case it would show Sterlings inadequacies in defending, goalkeeping, etc.

My point is that a player should be able to play his role in any formation.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Options limited yes but the talent limited no which is why it should not be used as an excuse.. Krajcar, Henry and Fer is a good midfield and Henry has done himself no harm which is also why limited options should not be an excuse.
            More drivel to support your crusade. The 3 I cited are all of an ilk that does a particular job for the team that neither of Kranjcar or Fer does. They have adapted pretty well as there has been little choice but the problem is two fold: firstly they cannot perform the role as well as any/all of the 3 and by having to do so, it negates their more natural role in the team. Accepting that Henry is similar in his role to the 3 of them is fettered by his ability in comparison. He has done a decent job of late but is not anywhere near good enough to be the solution and cannot continue to perform the role on his own. Add to that the fact that these persistent injuries prevent the manager from selecting the 11 he wants to select thus preventing any chance of continuity and of course the timing of the injuries to all 3, at crucial stages in games that forced substitutions rather than allowing for tactical ones to be made at the appropriate times and it all adds to the problems any team (and particularly one new to the level) will encounter in the circumstances. As stated before, this is not conjecture or excuse it's plain hard fact, but don't let that get in the way. I wonder when you are going to start making the banners for a Pardewesque campaign down in W12?
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

yes we should play 3-5-2 just please please please arry dont play it against the big teams. play something proven then 4-4-then -1-1 or just 2 up top. we need that extra man out wide against the big teams. they all have world class wingers who need doubling up on, sterling, hazard, di maria, sanchez, ozil, the ox,the argy who plays for the spurs. spurs and united thrived on that frailty we had out wide
              i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                Thank god for that. Your constant sarcasm is really boring these days tbh.

He won't stick to it though. He didn't make almost six thousand mostly inane posts in 13 months (!!!) by going away! How many per day is that FFS?!!!
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Lets get behind Harry.

After all, if we win our next two matches, then his win ratio for PL games will just about creep past those of Warnock and Hughes.

This would put him in the eyes of some, as our most successful manager in nearly twenty years.

Harry In.

Comment

More drivel to support your crusade. The 3 I cited are all of an ilk that does a particular job for the team that neither of Kranjcar or Fer does. They have adapted pretty well as there has been little choice but the problem is two fold: firstly they cannot perform the role as well as any/all of the 3 and by having to do so, it negates their more natural role in the team. Accepting that Henry is similar in his role to the 3 of them is fettered by his ability in comparison. He has done a decent job of late but is not anywhere near good enough to be the solution and cannot continue to perform the role on his own. Add to that the fact that these persistent injuries prevent the manager from selecting the 11 he wants to select thus preventing any chance of continuity and of course the timing of the injuries to all 3, at crucial stages in games that forced substitutions rather than allowing for tactical ones to be made at the appropriate times and it all adds to the problems any team (and particularly one new to the level) will encounter in the circumstances. As stated before, this is not conjecture or excuse it's plain hard fact, but don't let that get in the way. I wonder when you are going to start making the banners for a Pardewesque campaign down in W12?
                    So far as I am concerned, Harry has to take responsibility for playing injured players before they were 100% fit and then having them break down again before the Stoke match was even an hour old.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Lets get behind Harry.

After all, if we win our next two matches, then his win ratio for PL games will just about creep past those of Warnock and Hughes.

This would put him in the eyes of some, as our most successful manager in nearly twenty years.

Harry In.
                      Absolutely brilliant post

Comment

At least you agree my evidence does support my opinion. (start of your paragraph)
                        You make it sound like it is just a this season kind of thing.. the poor football has been continual under Harry, ever since he arrived. No style, no philosophy instilled. And he has offered up more excuses then I dare to count! This is not a crusade, it is the truth. Even when you have injuries, the playing style and team ethic should carry you through to a performance, we have had neither still. That is why it is an excuse.. When you are a professional there should be no excuses if you go in to the ring and agree to battle.
                        If we keep losing and turning in shocking performances then yes I will, if that's what it takes.. I will support the team but I don't not think Harry is the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                          So far as I am concerned, Harry has to take responsibility for playing injured players before they were 100% fit and then having them break down again before the Stoke match was even an hour old.
                          This is another thing and very true.

Comment

Whatever makes you happy, and clearly it does
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Personally I think that if you looked footage of QPR in the PL over the last 3 seasons you'll find that we have been dire whoever the manager - Harry, Hughes OR Warnock.

Only a handful of games have I come away from thinking we played really well.

Comment

Mutch was fit and picked up a different injury, Sandro was fit and sustained a head injury. Barton has never had a hamstring injury before so doesn't have a clue on recovery/symptoms but clearly he was passed fit by the physio, not the manager. Still, it sounds so much more fun to blame the manager for things he cannot be accountable for. The only part he has in it is that he picked them to play and that is because the three of them are pivotal to his plans, so perhaps you can criticise him for that too.
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X