No announcement yet.

Harry on Talk Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ok for Arry to"just" say we were terrible at Spuds same at Man U ? only started playing in second half against Saints ?

Arry has a very experienced set of backroom staff to fall back on regards tactics and training techniques and so far we havnt even tried to compete in some games.Basic tactics in football are to regain possession when the opposition has the ball,our players don't seem to want to tackle an opponent and win the ball back.

Our disaplinary record will back up my statements with only four or five bookings so far.. which for a team which will need to scrap to even think about staying up is low imo.

Its no use Arry keep stating the blooming obvious,how about doing something about it ?

Comment

we are missing Barton and Sandro, but why not use Henry from the start when we clearly are so fragile at the back??
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Mutch was fit and picked up a different injury, Sandro was fit and sustained a head injury. Barton has never had a hamstring injury before so doesn't have a clue on recovery/symptoms but clearly he was passed fit by the physio, not the manager. Still, it sounds so much more fun to blame the manager for things he cannot be accountable for. The only part he has in it is that he picked them to play and that is because the three of them are pivotal to his plans, so perhaps you can criticise him for that too.
        This
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          we are missing Barton and Sandro, but why not use Henry from the start when we clearly are so fragile at the back??
          We always look a better team when Henry is on. Remember how we started looking good at the end of last season? Henry was there.

Comment

Mutch was fit and picked up a different injury, Sandro was fit and sustained a head injury. Barton has never had a hamstring injury before so doesn't have a clue on recovery/symptoms but clearly he was passed fit by the physio, not the manager. Still, it sounds so much more fun to blame the manager for things he cannot be accountable for. The only part he has in it is that he picked them to play and that is because the three of them are pivotal to his plans, so perhaps you can criticise him for that too.
            Well, this is a very small part of the bigger argument about whether Harry should go, but with that said I thought I'd heard that Mutch also had a hamstring injury prior to the Stoke match. IF not, then obviously what I said doesn't apply to him. However, it certainly applies to Barton. Harry said after the Man U match how much we missed Barton and Mutch (another excuse) so it is not hard to understand why he would want to rush them back into the team. Players are always keen to play. How do you know that the physio passed Barton fit? How do you know that the conversation didn't go like this: Physio to Harry: "Seems to be alright but I think it's a bit early, he might re-injure it.". Harry: "Great, he's playing." And does Harry not hire and fire the physio? Either way, HR is most DEFINITELY responsible, for Barton certainly and for Mutch too if he RE-injured his hamstring during the Stoke match.

You can definitely count me amongst those who are NOT happy with the job that Harry is doing. IMHO, his results are not even close to being commensurate with the resources at his disposal. The only thing I struggle with is the need for stability but if I'm honest I don't see us going anywhere under Harry and the absolute WORST thing that could happen would be for him to be given a contract extension.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

So true, spiderplant. He does the basic stuff right, and clearly knows how to protect and cover.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

No more excuses. 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 9-9-9 who gives a ####?, Football's a results based game and we havent had enough decent ones recently.

Get some fking results on the board pronto and no-one will give a toss if Harry is in the dugout in his lingerie. Just no more ####ing excuses.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  No more excuses. 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 9-9-9 who gives a ####?, Football's a results based game and we havent had enough decent ones recently.

Get some fking results on the board pronto and no-one will give a toss if Harry is in the dugout in his lingerie. Just no more ####ing excuses.
                  Surely we've got to have a go at the spammers? No sitting back and inviting pressure, it's west ham not real madrid. We need those 3 points desperately because you know Liverpool will turn up at loftus road in awful form and probably look like the best team in the world after they play us. It's what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Spot on.

Comment

He is the manager the buck stops with him!! as with all clubs.. your sounding like Harry. stop making excuses!!

Comment

Where did Joey say he did not like 3-5-2. I have looked through all the posts and cannot find any mention of it.

Comment

Ultimately, the manager chooses who he wants to buy, the manager selects the starting team, the manager decides on the the tactics and the manager is responsible for firing up and motivating the players.

I have backed Harry from day one and will continue to do so until for another 8 -10 games but if we don't improve, then ultimately it's hard to carry on backing him.

I'm starting to question whether this so called great man manager is getting the best out of the players and would someone else be getting more out of them.

Last year, Pulis had a very poor squad imo and showed what is possible. Warnock has already started well at Palace. I don't think their players are better then ours. so something must be wrong somewhere

Comment

Working...
                          X