SWP in squad. Harriman isn't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWP in squad. Harriman isn't.

We are missing all our targets. And those we want to get rid off are still here happily taking the cheques.....for doing nothing.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    We are missing all our targets. And those we want to get rid off are still here happily taking the cheques.....for doing nothing.
    Can't blame them.

Would you take a big pay cut at work willingly.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
      Can't blame them.

Would you take a big pay cut at work willingly.
      If my boss told me to fark off (as we should be doing with the likes of SWP) then yes, I would.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        If my boss told me to fark off (as we should be doing with the likes of SWP) then yes, I would.
        Lol,my Rs.

Comment

Really?

Comment

No one in the prem will sign him, and the championship clubs can loan again in a weeks time. With us being asked to pay a portion of his wages is the only
            way i can see him going anywhere

Comment

No one is gonna walk away from a millions of pounds a year salary to play.

Football is imploding up its own backside with the insane money that is being thrown around this transfer window.

Comment

well worth starting a new thread over...

Comment

here should be regulations in football similar to a working place. If a individual is not up of what is expected of him (especially while earning astronomical money) he will be fired, contract or not. When a contract is signed, both parties have an important responsibility: the club to pay the wages as agreed......the player to give 100% effort. If a player is not being paid, he have the right to leave. But if he is not giving his best, why can't the club cancel his contract?

Comment

here should be regulations in football similar to a working place. If a individual is not up of what is expected of him (especially while earning astronomical money) he will be fired, contract or not. When a contract is signed, both parties have an important responsibility: the club to pay the wages as agreed......the player to give 100% effort. If a player is not being paid, he have the right to leave. But if he is not giving his best, why can't the club cancel his contract?
                    Can't sack people these days like you used to be able to.

If you could,half the people at my work would be gone.

Comment

We are talking about people earning 65k a WEEK fgs. Why should the law protect such mercenaries? A worker in a factory is one thing.......footballers are something different....much more different. This is a case similar to the American bank leaders that were given millions for destroying their banks and people hopes.

Comment

Workers can still be sacked for not doing their jobs properly as long as they have been issued with verbal and written warnings and given a chance to improve. SWP has had enough chances.

as I posted in another thread, I'd pay him off just to get rid because it can't be good for squad morale to have him picking up £60k pw for doing nothing.

Comment

We are talking about people earning 65k a WEEK fgs. Why should the law protect such mercenaries? A worker in a factory is one thing.......footballers are something different....much more different. This is a case similar to the American bank leaders that were given millions for destroying their banks and people hopes.
                          All subject to the same employment laws as us.

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Workers can still be sacked for not doing their jobs properly as long as they have been issued with verbal and written warnings and given a chance to improve. SWP has had enough chances.

as I posted in another thread, I'd pay him off just to get rid because it can't be good for squad morale to have him picking up £60k pw for doing nothing.
                          But has he been given verbal and written warnings?.

Somehow i cannot see it happening in the bizzare world that is football.

Comment

How can you say that SWP is not doing his job "properly"? As long as he trains and goes through the motions, he has done his job. If he's not selected, how can the club demonstrate that he is not fulfilling his contract?

I am as frustrated as the next man but a footballer does not have clearly defined targets like a factory worker so the comparison doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                              How can you say that SWP is not doing his job "properly"? As long as he trains and goes through the motions, he has done his job. If he's not selected, how can the club demonstrate that he is not fulfilling his contract?

I am as frustrated as the next man but a footballer does not have clearly defined targets like a factory worker so the comparison doesn't work.
                              Yep.

Just show up on time,train properly and that's £65k a week thank you very much.

And the reason why players have no ambition.

Take Luke Shaw for example,19 years old,£100k a week and can't even be bothered to say fit.

All that is wrong with the insane money being paid to players.

Comment

Working...
                              X