No announcement yet.

Proper screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't have it both ways. Vargas is either a 9 or a 10. We're short in the position he doesn't fill. It may not matter, but we did not 'strengthen all over'.

What does matter is someone getting Jonas on board fast as fvck - if that happened then you could argue that we had done well all over the park in the window.

EDIT looks like because we wisely named SWP in the 25, free agents are now no use. Smart move, huh?
    Last edited by hal9thou; 03-09-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
      My god some need to take a good long look at themselves , been a fantastic transfer window , this is qpr by the way not Man City or Real Madrid , we have strengthened all over and bought in some quality players , real quality players to a small club like qpr, Vargas can play the number 9 role , Hoilet can play off a front man did well in pre season there when used. This is by far the strongest squad i have seen at HQ since the Gerry Francis squad in the early nineties. I cant see where there is any cause for concern unless a major injury epidemic occurs and you cant plan for that.
      Talking of the early 90s....i can remember one summer(no windows then) when Rangers were the only club not to buy or sell anyone. We rarely dabbled in the market, as Thompson
      didn't want to spend any money...........some on here would've had a coronary!...

Comment

Relax everyone, we did some great business, not perfect but great. Lets see how they all gel together and if it needs tweaking we have January

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Talking of the early 90s....i can remember one summer(no windows then) when Rangers were the only club not to buy or sell anyone. We rarely dabbled in the market, as Thompson
          didn't want to spend any money...........some on here would've had a coronary!...
          Amen mate , spoilt little kids spring to mind

Comment

The same one's moaning again? Not sure if they actually support rangers because they seem to only want to pick up on any negitives in the club/team.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

My god some need to take a good long look at themselves , been a fantastic transfer window , this is qpr by the way not Man City or Real Madrid , we have strengthened all over and bought in some quality players , real quality players to a small club like qpr, Vargas can play the number 9 role , Hoilet can play off a front man did well in pre season there when used. This is by far the strongest squad i have seen at HQ since the Gerry Francis squad in the early nineties. I cant see where there is any cause for concern unless a major injury epidemic occurs and you cant plan for that.
              Well said mate. I think some of our fans must have The Samaritans on speed dial 1.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Can't have it both ways. Vargas is either a 9 or a 10. We're short in the position he doesn't fill. It may not matter, but we did not 'strengthen all over'.

What does matter is someone getting Jonas on board fast as fvck - if that happened then you could argue that we had done well all over the park in the window.

EDIT looks like because we wisely named SWP in the 25, free agents are now no use. Smart move, huh?
                He is contracted to QPR so there were two options - terminate his contract and pay him off or name him in the squad. If you have 25 + contracted players you can't elect to omit them from the squad, unless they are going out on loan just so you can keep a space for an out of contract player to fill the spot if and when he comes along. If you only have say 24 contracted players that's fine but we obviously don't. That was a smart move compared to the alternative of paying him up when his deal expires next year. The problem is one created by someone in a previous regime so you cant blame Harry and, perhaps if his deal was far less money perhaps paying him up would have been better.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Amen mate , spoilt little kids spring to mind
                  Ah yes....those good old early 90's when we didn't spend any money, got relegated and plummeted down the leagues from which it took us 16 years to return :-)
                  Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Originally posted by dtig View Post
                    Ah yes....those good old early 90's when we didn't spend any money, got relegated and plummeted down the leagues from which it took us 16 years to return :-)
                    Mid nineties we were relegated mate, early nineties we were a blinding side to watch , not sure if you remember it well, top London side, Ferdinand , Sinclair, Sinton, Gallen,a Rock at the back, Bardsley , Wilson fulll backs, no need to spend to much really eh ?

Comment

Mid nineties we were relegated mate, early nineties we were a blinding side to watch , not sure if you remember it well, top London side, Ferdinand , Sinclair, Sinton, Gallen,a Rock at the back, Bardsley , Wilson fulll backs, no need to spend to much really eh ?
                      Oh I remember it well.....we had goal scorers! :-) And I think it was selling Ferdinand that started the slide.

Pretty sure we've been banging on about needing strikers since!
                      Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Both posts above are spot on from winalotto and dtig! It was the early 90s where we had a proper team. A team that would fight for anyone of their team mates because they had a real bond, and that was the key to our success back then.... As it's also true that we've not had a striker even nearly close to sir Less. And yes selling Less was the beginning our downfall. And it's only now that we've slowly started to get that back.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          He is contracted to QPR so there were two options...
                          Ta, I get all that. What I still don't get is this, although it is now hypothetical. If you name say 24, can you add a free agent to make up the number at a later date? My argument would be if that had been a possibility, it may still have been money well spent to pay off SWP and bring in the free. Can't find EPL regs on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Ta, I get all that. What I still don't get is this, although it is now hypothetical. If you name say 24, can you add a free agent to make up the number at a later date? My argument would be if that had been a possibility, it may still have been money well spent to pay off SWP and bring in the free. Can't find EPL regs on this one.
                            Yes, that is correct. We would also have had to pay off Ale, Ehmer, Harriman and any other eligible contracted player to get us down to 24 though.

Comment

this is qpr by the way not Man City or Real Madrid .
                              I know who we are, and I wasn't asking for Falcao or Benzema, I was just after some cover for our injury prone strikers, Hooper or Rhodes would have done.
                              We have probably the strongest midfield I can remember, but we are still short of cover in key areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                                I know who we are, and I wasn't asking for Falcao or Benzema, I was just after some cover for our injury prone strikers, Hooper or Rhodes would have done.
                                We have probably the strongest midfield I can remember, but we are still short of cover in key areas.
                                Rhodes would've done.... what the same unproven Rhodes who would've cost about £12m and has never played against decent defences? Or Hooper who bombed last season, and I don't care that he scored a handful of goals, he was shite and they'd be asking for about £6m.... No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X