Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dtig View Post
    Based on what?

Of the 5 strikers people keep going on about, Taarabt is not really a striker and went off the boil ages ago, Phillips doesn't score many goals and Bobby was hopeless for the most part in the Championship, so not pinning any hopes on him in the prem.

Our inability to score goals almost cost us a play off place last year, and cost us relegation the year before.....so I'm just interested in why people think we'll be ok?
    We are as good as down already, its just not mathematically confirmed yet. Some people just dont like to face the truth head on like you mate. Suppose it gives them some light and hope.

Comment

Blimey some people are overly precious on here aren't they. We have enough solidity and goals in the squad to be more than fine.

Have some forgotten that scoring goals doesn't equate to winning games. No point scoring 2 or 3 and conceding 3 and 4... goals yes, points no. We need to be solid first and foremost and not concede goals to give us a platform. We now have an insanely good defensive set up for a side like ours with our new additions in defence and midfield who would be hard for anyone to break through if set up properly. We then have enough in attack to score goals and cause problems.

Just bear in mind we could score 12 goals all season and stay up with 12 1-0 wins, which would be 36 points and more than likely a survival tally.

Plus Defoe likely in Jan.

Comment

Well put del.

Three games, two losses, five goals against and one for and three points is 'survival' form.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Blimey some people are overly precious on here aren't they. We have enough solidity and goals in the squad to be more than fine.

Have some forgotten that scoring goals doesn't equate to winning games. No point scoring 2 or 3 and conceding 3 and 4... goals yes, points no. We need to be solid first and foremost and not concede goals to give us a platform. We now have an insanely good defensive set up for a side like ours with our new additions in defence and midfield who would be hard for anyone to break through if set up properly. We then have enough in attack to score goals and cause problems.

Just bear in mind we could score 12 goals all season and stay up with 12 1-0 wins, which would be 36 points and more than likely a survival tally.

Plus Defoe likely in Jan.
          However...NOT scoring goals does equate to NOT winning games.

Just saying.
          Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Statistic say that a team scores 2 goals in a match is likelier to win than a team that scores 1 goal.
            Same goes for a team that scores 3 rather than 2.
            I might be picky but this is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
              Lots of people saying that our midfield will weigh in with a few goals this season, I thought I would see how many goals the above named have sored in the prem. 58 between them in 787 appearances. 1 every 13.5 games.

I think we really could have done with another striker.
              Ouch. Great stat digging, expect it to be countered with the usual cliches though.

Comment

Often wonder what stattos are like in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Often wonder what stattos are like in real life.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Kevin there you are
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Statistic says that the team who has more points than the 3 bottom teams at the end of PL season it will not be relegated

Comment

I think we really could have done with another striker.
                        If we're honest with ourselves we all know that is the case. In my book we only have one out and out striker who can do 90m. One. It was a **** up, because everyone knew Remy was highly likely to leave.

Jonas? Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                          Statistic say that a team scores 2 goals in a match is likelier to win than a team that scores 1 goal.
                          Same goes for a team that scores 3 rather than 2.
                          I might be picky but this is a fact.
                          Yeah and a team that leaks 2 or 3 goals a game is more likely to pick up 0 points than a team that leaks 0 or 1 goal on average..... Where do you want to go with this?

At the end of the day, we'd all have liked another striker, but I'm not overly concerned because we're now strong defensively as a unit. If we still had a championship defence and midfield it would be different.

Comment

At the end of the day I hope I'm wrong.

I hope Charlie will turn out to be the next Ricky Lambert,
                            I hope Vargas will be one of those imports who doesn't find the Prem too fast and physical,
                            I hope the fat Moroccan turns out to be half the player some on here think he is,
                            I hope the midfield weigh in with half a dozen each,
                            I hope Bobby stays injury free and can play 90 mins every game
                            I hope the defence never play again like they did at Spuds
                            I hope Rob Green's wrist seize up having nothing to do all season.

Most of all I really hope there are three teams below us at the end.

Comment

At the end of the day I hope I'm wrong.

I hope Charlie will turn out to be the next Ricky Lambert,
                              I hope Vargas will be one of those imports who doesn't find the Prem too fast and physical,
                              I hope the fat Moroccan turns out to be half the player some on here think he is,
                              I hope the midfield weigh in with half a dozen each,
                              I hope Bobby stays injury free and can play 90 mins every game
                              I hope the defence never play again like they did at Spuds
                              I hope Rob Green's wrist seize up having nothing to do all season.

Most of all I really hope there are three teams below us at the end.
                              Zamora won't play unless Austin can't.

Comment

My god some need to take a good long look at themselves , been a fantastic transfer window , this is qpr by the way not Man City or Real Madrid , we have strengthened all over and bought in some quality players , real quality players to a small club like qpr, Vargas can play the number 9 role , Hoilet can play off a front man did well in pre season there when used. This is by far the strongest squad i have seen at HQ since the Gerry Francis squad in the early nineties. I cant see where there is any cause for concern unless a major injury epidemic occurs and you cant plan for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X