X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was straight choice between the two im with you Kev

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Disappointing comments from fans of Henry think he gets an unnecessary hard press

However think a few are missing the bigger picture here yes Fer is an improvement on Henry but if hes part of the deal were no better off squad numbers wise and we will still be short on bodies and looking to sign yet more players to bolster the numbers.
      Correct. As I said elsewhere, if we sign Fer and Henry goes and assuming the squad is built to play 3-5-2, we are still going to need two more CMs at least.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Agree totally mate, but if it means losing him to gain Fer then we have to take that dont we?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Norwich City eye Karl Henry as QPR consider player-plus-cash deal for Leroy Fer: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...henry-7508956?
          Utter tripe guys please don't fall for this, why would we want him?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiz View Post
            Utter tripe guys please don't fall for this, why would we want him?
            Because its a tough league and you need dogs of war and players who want to run through brick walls to survive it which he will do. Don't forget your not premier leagues club anymore totally new mentality is needed (from club and fans) or your s hagged

Comment

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/n..._fer_1_3701146

Comment

Its all talk Wiz we were going to fight to keep Remy but money and more importantly players talk nowadays. Clubs our size have no power anymore its now about getting as much as you can when doing the deal and rightly so you manager is saying the right things in an effort to achieve this

Comment

Plays at world cup - interest from premier league teams and Europa league winners - stays in the championship

Cant see it working out like that tbh

Comment

Wiz you are better than that and are allowing your hopes to cloud your judgement. I'm not saying he will come to us - I have no idea - but read one line into the tough talk and its blindingly obvious your manager is just talking up the price. He knows a guy who has just scored a World Cup goal for Holland isn't going to be playing Barnsley away next season.

As for Henry, Acton is right. Personally find him quite a limited player - Joey Barton once called him a "pub player" - but one of our most important players in our two most recent promotions was Clint Hill. No opposition fan's forum would go into ecstasy if they read they were about to sign Clint - he's not silky or glamorous. But he is the type of player you will need to get out of the Championship. Its clubs that don't adapt to the reality of Championship life and swan around like they are Premier League who fail to go up or worse. Ask Wigan, or even Wolves...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Wiz you are better than that and are allowing your hopes to cloud your judgement. I'm not saying he will come to us - I have no idea - but read one line into the tough talk and its blindingly obvious your manager is just talking up the price. He knows a guy who has just scored a World Cup goal for Holland isn't going to be playing Barnsley away next season.

As for Henry, Acton is right. Personally find him quite a limited player - Joey Barton once called him a "pub player" - but one of our most important players in our two most recent promotions was Clint Hill. No opposition fan's forum would go into ecstasy if they read they were about to sign Clint - he's not silky or glamorous. But he is the type of player you will need to get out of the Championship. Its clubs that don't adapt to the reality of Championship life and swan around like they are Premier League who fail to go up or worse. Ask Wigan, or even Wolves...

I guess its because I'm desperate to keep him with us my friend and I'm clutching at any straws going!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiz View Post
                        I guess its because I'm desperate to keep him with us my friend and I'm clutching at any straws going!
                        I can't blame you for that mate, you are a true fan. But we get our best player stolen by Liverpool for a lousy fee. You will prob get one of your best players taken by someone currently better placed (maybe us, maybe someone else). And you will prob go and break Blackpool or Blackburn hearts by going in there and paying big money for their favourite player. Its just the way football turns...

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
                          have they ever seen Henry play? Well,he is decent Championship player,but never PL calibre player.
                          They may have seen him play the piano and were impressed by his fingers.

Comment

Henry isnt that bad but he is definitely Championship level at best.

Comment

if we can swap henry as part of a deal to bring fer in its a no brainer. If thats the ice breaker then so be it - we get rid of of a fringe player who is ok, nothing special and replace him with a class actat a decent age. Yes that means we are one down in midfield again, but its not the end of the world, we simply go and get another player, not a world beater but a decent squad player, maybe that means a loan or a free but at the end of the day we would have Fer instead of henry........good business in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                                we simply go and get another player, not a world beater but a decent squad player
                                Surely that's what he already have in Henry why not keep him and get Fer in??? obviously if its a deal breaker like you say then he goes but if its not keep him.

Why go through the hassle of identifying, negotiating and getting in an unknown quantity on more money when you already have that player/answer on your books who is that squad player

Comment

Working...
                                X