Latest on fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    Yes they would if all of those wanted to leave then we would sell them as nobody keeps unhappy players

It's not fair but that's what modern football is like

clubs like us , Southampton etc are stepping stones for players to bigger clubs

Plus the fact they must have earned nigh on £100 mill for 5 players with chambers not even being automatic 1st choice as clyne is their usual RB. we wouldnt get half of that for the players listed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
      If it's between us two then I think he's almost certain to sign for Southampton. Purely because their manager is a Dutch legend.
      But he might be a fan of Bagpuss....

Comment

Yes they would if all of those wanted to leave then we would sell them as nobody keeps unhappy players

It's not fair but that's what modern football is like

clubs like us , Southampton etc are stepping stones for players to bigger clubs

Yes but not in one hit - no business should let all their assets go at one time. If they do and are selling assets off like Southampton are then they are doing so for a reason.

We would never sell 6 or 7 of our best players in one go unless we were in serious financial trouble or tf new he wanted out. There is no way any club with ambition or common sense would operate the way Southampton have this summer unless there a reason behind it and everyone knows the unrest behind the scenes there and its no coincidence this is happening this summer imo.

Comment

• If i've got my facts right, i think the woman who now owns Southampton inherited it from her late father. He was very into the club, it's interests and driving it forward, but she has little interest. The fact all the top assets that can be cashed in on have been, it looks like she's making as much as she can from the club in the window, but needs to be realistic and leave it as a going concern to then sell the club, which is probably why they are trying to draw a line with the latest 2 players rumoured for Spurs.

Even though it's sold players, it's still a prem club so will attract lots of interest from rich arabs among others...... Watch this space i say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
            If i've got my facts right, i think the woman who now owns Southampton inherited it from her late father. He was very into the club, it's interests and driving it forward, but she has little interest. The fact all the top assets that can be cashed in on have been, it looks like she's making as much as she can from the club in the window, but needs to be realistic and leave it as a going concern to then sell the club, which is probably why they are trying to draw a line with the latest 2 players rumoured for Spurs.

Even though it's sold players, it's still a prem club so will attract lots of interest from rich arabs among others...... Watch this space i say.
            Spot on del - they migh get near enough 100 mill but i reckon a quarter of that will be spent and the club sold mid season.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Yes but not in one hit - no business should let all their assets go at one time. If they do and are selling assets off like Southampton are then they are doing so for a reason.

We would never sell 6 or 7 of our best players in one go unless we were in serious financial trouble or tf new he wanted out. There is no way any club with ambition or common sense would operate the way Southampton have this summer unless there a reason behind it and everyone knows the unrest behind the scenes there and its no coincidence this is happening this summer imo.
              Ambition means nothing if players want to leave
              We Are The People.....

Comment

Ambition means nothing if players want to leave
                No, ambition means nothing if you allow them to leave..... big difference.

Sure there's the argument of player power and no point keeping a player that wants out etc, but at the end of the day if they're under contract and you want to keep them, keep them. And before anyone says it wont work, just look at Liverpool and Suarez last summer. He apparently wanted out and there was all the talk of £40,000,001 buy out option but they put their foot down and he stayed, then had the season of his life and they very nearly nicked the title.

Ultimately these Saints youngsters if told they wouldnt be sold would've knuckled down im sure. Afterall, at Saints they've developed fantastically thanks to the club, they've broken into the England squad / team and another season there wouldn't have done them any harm whatsoever, and in fact may have been better to get another whole season of playing under their belts as opposed to running the risk of being squad bit part players.

Comment

• http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich..._fer_1_3711753

Comment

• I know we've been concentrating on getting Isla and Mutch but any news on Fer??
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Can see this one going right down to the wire

Comment

• Would still be great to get him, but i cant see it now. Any info on whether we are still in for him please Dazzer or Facto, or any other top itk's???

Comment

• Yeah me to. This is the one I really want though, a position we need filling and he's a real threat!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Would still be great to get him, but i cant see it now. Any info on whether we are still in for him please Dazzer or Facto, or any other top itk's???
                            Oh well if it's top itk you're after I'll give my local cab firm a bell, I'm sure there'll be a few there.....
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Not ITK at all, just passing on what my mate told me. He was at the clubshop earlier and there were a lot of cars outside LR. He just texted me saying he saw someone who looked like Fer getting out of one of the cars and going inside.
                              Please don't jump on me, it might not have even been him, I'm just passing on what I've heard.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                Not ITK at all, just passing on what my mate told me. He was at the clubshop earlier and there were a lot of cars outside LR. He just texted me saying he saw someone who looked like Fer getting out of one of the cars and going inside.
                                Please don't jump on me, it might not have even been him, I'm just passing on what I've heard.
                                Hope you right Ginge but to measure expectations there are always loads of cars parked up outside the ground

Comment

Working...
                                X