No announcement yet.

Latest on fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand by what I've said before, Henry is not a bad back up option, very solid and a player I wouldn't sell
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Wiz View Post
      I guess its because I'm desperate to keep him with us my friend and I'm clutching at any straws going!
      Seriously Karl Henry putting his heart and soul into everything next year for a championship side will be infinitely better than some superstar not wanting to put in a shift!!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        I stand by what I've said before, Henry is not a bad back up option, very solid and a player I wouldn't sell
        I'd agree with you if we were still in the Championship.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Surely that's what he already have in Henry why not keep him and get Fer in??? obviously if its a deal breaker like you say then he goes but if its not keep him.

Why go through the hassle of identifying, negotiating and getting in an unknown quantity on more money when you already have that player/answer on your books who is that squad player
          Take your point but think we need improvement all over. Ferr is a major improvement on Henry - plays for Holland in World Cup v player picked up for peanuts from League One - then we get someone else in as back up - Collinson or Krankjar for instance wouldn't need much integration and are both better than Henry.

Comment

The squad is very very low in numbers, IMO last thing we really want to be doing is getting rid of useful squad player's. Yes Fer's a much better player than Henry, but Henry could also be a very key squad player.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Take your point but think we need improvement all over. Ferr is a major improvement on Henry - plays for Holland in World Cup v player picked up for peanuts from League One - then we get someone else in as back up - Collinson or Krankjar for instance wouldn't need much integration and are both better than Henry.
              Your right stains we prob do need improvement all over but if we do that this season were just repeating what we done last time up. Come up with a decent squad dump everyone that got us there and replace them with players with no heart. We need a gradual change not total revamp so I would stick with the nucleus of what we have fill the gaps and perhaps in Jan you ship out two if they have not featured and bring two more in and again end of season.

I don't see the point of dumping a squad player who we know wont really let is down to replace him with an unknown squad player on more money

Comment

Surely that's what he already have in Henry why not keep him and get Fer in??? obviously if its a deal breaker like you say then he goes but if its not keep him.

Why go through the hassle of identifying, negotiating and getting in an unknown quantity on more money when you already have that player/answer on your books who is that squad player

I hear what your saying. Im basing my point of view on the article. Norwich want henry as part of the deal. To me thats a no brainer for everyone. we get a better quality of player. He wont play much at us but would prob be more prominent in a norwich team and we can go and loan or bring someone else in for some extra depth.
                In a ideal world for the sake of numbers it would be nice to keep henry but if im being honest he isnt the most gifted footballer and one I dont expect to see much of if we have any hopes of staying up.

Comment

Your right stains we prob do need improvement all over but if we do that this season were just repeating what we done last time up. Come up with a decent squad dump everyone that got us there and replace them with players with no heart. We need a gradual change not total revamp so I would stick with the nucleus of what we have fill the gaps and perhaps in Jan you ship out two if they have not featured and bring two more in and again end of season.

I don't see the point of dumping a squad player who we know wont really let is down to replace him with an unknown squad player on more money

we cant have gradual change mate. In a ideal world yes but we have got the squad depth or quality for gradual change. We have about 6 or 7 players who are up to prem standard and 5 or 6 who are ok for squad purposes. We need numbers and quality. We know we need a further 6 players at least on top of caulker and rio to make us even competitive.
                  Green, simpson, dunne, traore, phillips, hoilett, barton, charlie and yun and zamora will all get game time this this year plus faurlin. Thats a ok nucleus of players from last year but we must add some real quality to that. No point being sentimental and getting relegated as the worst team ever. Fact is we lost a bag full of players who were loans or expired contracts which means we now havve the perfect chance to bring in 8 - 10 players for the long haul so 1 we can be competitve and 2 come jan or next summer we dont have to have this massive rebuilding project again.
                  If henry is a make wieght in getting aplayer like fer who 24 quality then so be it, not a big loss when you consider what we are getting. At least we know with players like fer they are coming with the right attitude and will compliment the 6,7 or 8 players we have from last year.

Comment

While we're on the subject of low numbers. I see no logic in letting O'Neil leave. Again he's a good squad player. Wants to play for QPR.
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                      While we're on the subject of low numbers. I see no logic in letting O'Neil leave. Again he's a good squad player. Wants to play for QPR.
                      I agree mate, can only think its a wage thing. Makes sense to offer him a 1 year deal. he seems to be a well liked figure around the squad and you know you could rely on him for 10 - 15 mins here and there plus the odd game if needed.

Comment

Looking like we need warm bodies to make up the midfield alongside Joey. F acking hell. Kranjcar? Kelvin?

Comment

Making Henry part of a deal to bring Fer here would be great business on our part..anybody here remember Henry having a stand out game for us at all last season...Joeys description of him is harsh but i seen nothing so far to suggest that he will be an important member of our squad this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Looking like we need warm bodies to make up the midfield alongside Joey. F acking hell. Kranjcar? Kelvin?
                            Except for the swearing that was as an assessment. I can go for myself!
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Fair play to Henry, I'm sure if u look at the stats we were a far better side last season with him in the team than without.

Saying that, the bloke is clearly not a dominant PL midfielder and any deal fora swap involving Fer should be snapped up.

Henry was a good player for us and done the job the job he was signed to do, and didnt deserve the stick he got from plenty of our lot last season, and no doubt he would do a good job for Narrrich next yr.

Comment

Latest news from up here:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/r..._fer_1_3702019

Comment

Working...
                                X