Remy is at the Arsenal game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy is at the Arsenal game

Sitting in the executives box..could be off to arsenal then? always said he'd suit them. How much though?
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

This could be true if we don't go up.

Comment

Hope there's a bidding war, and we get as much as we can for the mercenary.
      Really do hope that we never, ever, enter into another lousy contract with another player like that, again.
      Being a Queen's Park Rangers player, he should have been made to stay and help get us promoted.
      I can only guess that Remy insisted on a clause in his contract that stated if we got relegated out of the premiersh!t, then we would have to loan him out to a premiersh!t club.
      Surely, no club in their right mind would have tried to get by with just one really good striker in Charlie Austin, with a couple of sick-notes as back-up, and loan out Loic Remy to Nooocasle, if they really didn't have to, would they?

Comment

I know we look back and it seems all silly, but going by the fans forum this week, it seems the board have learned a lot.

We've gone back a few steps and now it's time to go in the right direction, starting next season whichever league we're in.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          I know we look back and it seems all silly, but going by the fans forum this week, it seems the board have learned a lot.

We've gone back a few steps and now it's time to go in the right direction, starting next season whichever league we're in.
          Amen to that, MYU.

Comment

Twitchy Out! Tony Out!

Comment

Maybe he's just having an afternoon at the footy, maybe he's checking out WBA, who knows.... 2+2=5?

Comment

he's exactly what arsenal need - a fast striker who can get behind defenders. reckon he'd get 20-25 goals there.

you can't expect an international to play in the championship in a world cup year

Comment

don't reckon he'd have stayed in champs even it wasn't WC year

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    Sitting in the executives box..could be off to arsenal then? always said he'd suit them. How much though?
                    Yes, great fit for Frenchnal. First of all, he is French. And secondly, based on Tony refusing to answer the direct question about a release clause in Remy's contract, I assume there is one and he will be going for a song - exactly what Frenchnal like to pay.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                      he's exactly what arsenal need - a fast striker who can get behind defenders. reckon he'd get 20-25 goals there.

you can't expect an international to play in the championship in a world cup year
                      He would never ever play in the championship in any year.

Comment

He was reported somewhere as saying he wanted to play for a champions league side, so I doubt he would come back to us even if we did win the play-offs.

Comment

This is a player who's scored 20 goals in 40 games in the prem, for a poor Newcastle side and an even poorer QPR one. He's got a better goals per game ratio in the prem than the likes of Giroud, Demba Ba, Carroll, Soldado, Dzeko, and Torres, and look at how much clubs paid for that lot.

He'd easily get 20-25 goals per season for Arsenal, and assuming there's no release clause, we should be asking at least £25m.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Good luck to him......we were his stepping stone nothing more....he used us and we hoped he'd keep us up...

Comment

Arsene Wenger said after that the match that Arsenal hadn't invited Remy to the game, he just happened to have come to watch.

Not totally sure I believe that to be fair!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X