Unlucky Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, unlucky Wigan.

Despite getting enormous help from the referee throughout the game, the poor sods lost.

If I were a Wigan fan, I would not want to be facing a newly invigorated Rangers team with all their missing players available. They wouldn't stand a chance if we played to our potential.

Great win tonight. Rode our luck at times, made poor decisions at times, but got through it with sheer hard work. A fully fit Rangers would have battered them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Can't agree with Stan, but can't agree with that. Comfortably? Not sure why I was s hitting bricks for large parts of the game or made Greeno my MOTM by a country mile followed closely by Clint. It was at best even stevens; more likely methinks Wigan shaded it. As my mate said if they played with another decent striker they'd probably have won. But a fantastic win. And great effort all round. Such a shame Morrison's marvellous free kick didn't go in.
      My thoughts too. Green MOTM, Wigan very strong. And the free kick would have gone in, if he didn't move the ball two feet forward.

Comment

I must have been watching a different game..... Funny old game Football

Comment

If Phillips and Austin would of stayed fit, I now truly believe we could of walked this league and put more of a fight to Leicester and Burnley.
          There's no doubt even without those two we are the 3rd best team in the league.. we've taken 4 points of Wigan this season!

Comment

For me main thing was we fought which has not always been the case this season, or last for that matter. I doubted 'Arry's team selection but have to say, bar the first 20 mins where they were all over us on our left hand side, the boys done good and the old, experienced campaigners worked. Hughes and Zamora both played very well and our old stagers in midfield dug in and grafted. On top of that at times we played some very nice stuff.

I enjoyed watching us which has been pretty rare this season. If the team can keep up that kind of effort for the rest of the season we should do well. Whether enough for promotion who knows but am encouraged by our recent displays, bar the Wednesday game of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              No way did we deserve all 3 points. Wigan were unlucky. We on the other hand were shocking. You could see Morrison getting visibly frustrated with the poor service he was receiving from Dunne and Barton.

Barton seems to have lost his mojo. That was his worst performance in as long as I can remember from him.

As for Harry bringing on Yun right at the death - what an insult to our MOTM of 3 days ago.

Also the whole team looked out of sorts. We just dont seem a happy camp right now. Those rumours after the Boro game must be true.
              1. Morrison was frustrated by being constantly fouled and getting nothing for it.
              2. Not sure what Barton did wrong. Made a lot of tackles that stifled Wigans attacks and played numerous sensible passes in the link up play.
              3. Agree Yun should have been given a chance but Hill had a stormer in my opinion.
              4. Team looked up for it for the first time in a long time and also played some great inter-linking passes, particularly for the goal

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Yep, unlucky Wigan.

Despite getting enormous help from the referee throughout the game, the poor sods lost.

If I were a Wigan fan, I would not want to be facing a newly invigorated Rangers team with all their missing players available. They wouldn't stand a chance if we played to our potential.

Great win tonight. Rode our luck at times, made poor decisions at times, but got through it with sheer hard work. A fully fit Rangers would have battered them.
                This!

Comment

Still adam ant this is a proper doom and gloomers encouragement thread. Unlucky my arris. We scored in the 16th minute and they had the whole match to reply, which they didnt. The bar prevented the goal of the season for us, and only cos zamora is so shite any other human being on the planet would of scored the rebound, otherwise it should of been two.
                  Unlucky bull shite, boro were unlucky, wigan were outfought.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    boro were unlucky, wigan were outfought.
                    I would imagine Boro are probably still in shock!

Comment

Look we gave em a point last year with Mbia who couldn't tackle and Adel doing his impression of a tortoise, along with the obligatory sending off......they owe us some luck

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                        No way did we deserve all 3 points. Wigan were unlucky. We on the other hand were shocking. You could see Morrison getting visibly frustrated with the poor service he was receiving from Dunne and Barton.

Barton seems to have lost his mojo. That was his worst performance in as long as I can remember from him.

As for Harry bringing on Yun right at the death - what an insult to our MOTM of 3 days ago.

Also the whole team looked out of sorts. We just dont seem a happy camp right now. Those rumours after the Boro game must be true.
                        Excellent post. Ok, it's good to get 3 points even when you don't play well, but there are serious underlying problems that Harry and some others on here cannot see. Unless we fix these we don't go up.

Comment

Sporting life reporter seems to agree with Stanley's POV:

Clint Hill was the unlikely source of the game-changing moment, providing a wonderful flick through for Benayoun to slot home with 16 minutes on the clock.

QPR spent much of the rest of the game on the back foot, with James McClean proving a threat throughout and Ivan Ramis rattling the crossbar.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...wigan-athletic
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by BushLover View Post
                            Excellent post. Ok, it's good to get 3 points even when you don't play well, but there are serious underlying problems that Harry and some others on here cannot see. Unless we fix these we don't go up.
                            "Serious underlying problems"? Like what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                              Sporting life reporter seems to agree with Stanley's POV:

Clint Hill was the unlikely source of the game-changing moment, providing a wonderful flick through for Benayoun to slot home with 16 minutes on the clock.

QPR spent much of the rest of the game on the back foot, with James McClean proving a threat throughout and Ivan Ramis rattling the crossbar.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...wigan-athletic
                              Not the game I saw...lay siege!

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                                "Serious underlying problems"? Like what exactly?
                                There are lots of problems, too many to discuss in a day, plus I want to keep a low profile because the mods and I seem to have come to an unwritten understanding that if I limit my posts to a few here and there and do not upset people then they're happy for me to post, and the fact is that if I start discussing the underlying problems that I and a few others can see, people will get angry and the forum will just descend into arguments,

Comment

Working...
                                X