Unlucky Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshaw_Clarets View Post
    Evening QPR fans. That's a top result from your boys tonight and leaves us (burnley) and you fighting it out for 2nd place. Don't get me wrong, our 10 point advantage looks brilliant but there's nothing being taken for granted at Turf Moor. We've leicester at home next then watford away. Two really tough games. I could see us getting a point from those two so it's all to play for if you pick up 6 points. Hopefully next time we meet it'll be in the premier league.
    that's presumptuous of you.....you've got the playoffs to get past first

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorPower View Post
      **** Wigan and all they stand for
      Blinding night out - birds are game as ya like.... If half built like brick poo poo houses.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Evening QPR fans. That's a top result from your boys tonight and leaves us (burnley) and you fighting it out for 2nd place. Don't get me wrong, our 10 point advantage looks brilliant but there's nothing being taken for granted at Turf Moor. We've leicester at home next then watford away. Two really tough games. I could see us getting a point from those two so it's all to play for if you pick up 6 points. Hopefully next time we meet it'll be in the premier league.
        If we'd two more points on the board we might give you a run for your money. Alas...... As it is you've made automatic. And could beat Leicester to the title.

Comment

I`m afraid second spot has already gone to you lot, ( and i`m not one for kissing ars e to away fans who come on here ) but you lot deserve it ,just by the football youve played all season , we are play off for sure
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Burnley will finish in top spot i reckon

Comment

Just to point out to all moaners going on about wigan's fluid passing and our poor passing, take a look:
              http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/721456/Live
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Wigan deserved something from the game, but i think we played very well and deserved to win.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Just to point out to all moaners going on about wigan's fluid passing and our poor passing, take a look:
                  http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/721456/Live
                  those stats are wrong are they sure wigan had 30 throw ins and we had 19, this site is a load of old bollax!

Comment

You've had some undoubted bad luck with injuries, Charlie is is an absolute goal machine and getting him back fit for the play offs, if that's where you end up, will be key. It ain't over yet though for second place but the next 2-3 games will decide how it's going to finish. Hopefully we'll just sneak it but would love to see you back up there. Great club and your fans were different class at Turf Moor this season. Enjoyed chatting with a few of you in the cricket club behind the away end. Sincere good luck.....just don't catch us up :-)

Comment

Thank you Claret. Think you can relax, take the cigar and the brandy and look forward to the Prem. No complaints from us. Yes we have had a huge number of injuries but you have kept going and going. 27 shots tonight I believe. There has been many a season when I've felt robbed for this or that but I can't honestly say we deserve to be in the automatic spots - we have played pretty badly all season (even before our injury crisis) and you and Leicester have been by far and away the best two teams in the division over the season.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post

Just back kettle on, can't believe the OP. Wigan weren't unlucky, we played well. Barton infront of the back 4 was magnificent and even BZ upfront did his job well. Clint Hill was like watching Brazil and green was excellent. This was against a team that everyone said was flying, beat city blah blah we held our own especially with a ref that didn't do us any favours and we came away with a well warranted win but some still don't think it's good enough.
                        If we are going to put our team under such a microscope then they can never do any good and we no longer become supporters but critics.
                        Tonight was a good night and us supporters enjoyed it. It was freezing though.
                        Agree with t block,I thought this was the best we've played all season. some lovely football in spells.worked hard to win possession without the ball and closed them down quickly especially first half.yossi,Carroll, green,and hill were different class against a very good Wigan side.we deserved the win though.
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Wigan were on a ten match unbeaten run. I think we done well to beat them tonight

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                            Agree with t block,I thought this was the best we've played all season. some lovely football in spells.worked hard to win possession without the ball and closed them down quickly especially first half.yossi,Carroll, green,and hill were different class against a very good Wigan side.we deserved the win though.
                            Atmosphere was brilliant as well. That was a proper exciting anything could happen thriller.

Comment

Hhhhhhmmmmm good evening fellow Rs......Well i see we actually won.I didn't think that would be the case at 9:40 this evening so great fine result.
                              I thought I'll come on WATRB and ask the simple question....How did we play?...Having read this thread I'm none the wiser.
                              Oh well 3 points is 3 points ...if we got a bit of luck again we deserve it after all the awful luck we've had.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                                we did better than this team against wigan

Pantilimon
                                Richards
                                Clichy
                                Yaya Touré
                                Demichelis
                                Lescott
                                Jesús Navas
                                Javi García
                                Agüero