QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    Well i hope TF reads the Telegraph myself.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ium-plans.html
    Now this I have to question:

The uninterrupted tier of expensive seats in the middle of Arsenal's new ground saps noise from a once-loud set of supporters.

I've been to Highbury quite a few times, and it didn't earn the nickname the Highbury Library for nothing.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• If we have a half empty stadium it might give us a bit of room to do something like this when their keeper makes a mistake...

Comment

Well i hope TF reads the Telegraph myself.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ium-plans.html
        Good article , speaks a lot of sense …. this 40k capacity really makes me question the owners motives…

Comment

• Loving some of the responses to that Telegraph article on a Malaysian newspaper site

"Tony needs an excuse to make money and this new development will make him billions. Even if QPR slides down to 4th div, the property dev side will make him tons of dosh. The Englishman just doesn't get it that the Asian is out to make money from property and not from putting backsides on the seats. (Just imagine how much 10% kickback, oops sorry, commission, on the construction costs amount to?!!) That's why England is so backward and in recession nowadays. Cant see further than the tip of their noses."

"Typical Asian mentality. Everything has to be big or bigger even the contents inside is half empty. Good for showing off."

"This new football stadium idea is just an excuse to develop tens of acres of prime London area without having to pay a ransom like what Setia and EPF did. And he got the backing of the local council thanks to owning the football club"

Thought the guy would be a bit more loved in Malaysia?

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Good article , speaks a lot of sense …. this 40k capacity really makes me question the owners motives…
            Me too. I think it might be a trick like those emails you get from nigerians offering you million pound good mine but you have to send them money first. Do you think this could be a 411 type scam on a bigger scale?

Comment

Or that they're planning for the club to be successful, and don't want to have to build another stadium when we sell out a 30,000 stadium every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Me too. I think it might be a trick like those emails you get from nigerians offering you million pound good mine but you have to send them money first. Do you think this could be a 411 type scam on a bigger scale?
                Kevin, stop taking the gypsy's out of the poor old s0d

Comment

Loving some of the responses to that Telegraph article on a Malaysian newspaper site

"Tony needs an excuse to make money and this new development will make him billions. Even if QPR slides down to 4th div, the property dev side will make him tons of dosh. The Englishman just doesn't get it that the Asian is out to make money from property and not from putting backsides on the seats. (Just imagine how much 10% kickback, oops sorry, commission, on the construction costs amount to?!!) That's why England is so backward and in recession nowadays. Cant see further than the tip of their noses."

"Typical Asian mentality. Everything has to be big or bigger even the contents inside is half empty. Good for showing off."

"This new football stadium idea is just an excuse to develop tens of acres of prime London area without having to pay a ransom like what Setia and EPF did. And he got the backing of the local council thanks to owning the football club"

Thought the guy would be a bit more loved in Malaysia?
                  Well it does make you wonder , QPR just can't move ground it has to be part of a £10 billion development doesn't it.

To a neutral outsider they might say this really isn't about QPR at all is it...is the club being used to accelerate this development??

Comment

• If the scam was to acquire the development using QPR as the means to get the deal done, why hasn't the club gone for the cheaper option of building a 20-25k ground?

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      If the scam was to acquire the development using QPR as the means to get the deal done, why hasn't the club gone for the cheaper option of building a 20-25k ground?
                      Because they need a large capacity for the music venue obviously... not rocket science mate

Comment

Well it does make you wonder , QPR just can't move ground it has to be part of a £10 billion development doesn't it.

To a neutral outsider they might say this really isn't about QPR at all is it...is the club being used to accelerate this development??
                        Or this is a development that is happening near to the current ground and makes perfect sense to have QPR at the heart of it, closer than we could ever have hoped to have built a new stadium.

Of course this development is going to be a massive deal for the owners if it comes off, but I'm quite happy for us to benefit from this plan.

Just read the article again, and the journo misses the point here.

I gently recommend that you approach your plans for capacity like you're adding salt to a recipe. You can always add some more later if it's required, but if you put too much in now you're going to end up with something that tastes horrible. I would also gently recommend that you don't attempt to taste this, or any other stadium.
                        The analogy he's making here doesn't include the possibility of needing more salt but not being able to add any more.

If we design this cleverly (and this seems to have been alluded to by TF this week), the capacity could have a total target of 35-40k but actually start a fair bit lower with the ability to add 'salt' gradually as we progress.

Comment

If the scam was to acquire the development using QPR as the means to get the deal done, why hasn't the club gone for the cheaper option of building a 20-25k ground?
                          So they fill the ground with kids watching one direction?
                          Maybe Mittal has huge stockpile of steel he needs to get rid off?

Probably because they are as daft as you and think we can fill it!

Comment

Good article , speaks a lot of sense …. this 40k capacity really makes me question the owners motives

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                              Or this is a development that is happening near to the current ground and makes perfect sense to have QPR at the heart of it, closer than we could ever have hoped to have built a new stadium.

Of course this development is going to be a massive deal for the owners if it comes off, but I'm quite happy for us to benefit from this plan.

Just read the article again, and the journo misses the point here.

The analogy he's making here doesn't include the possibility of needing more salt but not being able to add any more.

If we design this cleverly (and this seems to have been alluded to by TF this week), the capacity could have a total target of 35-40k but actually start a fair bit lower with the ability to add 'salt' gradually as we progress.
                              All good stadium design should have the ability to expand to be fair, though sometimes this doesn't happen like the KC Stadium or it does like Reading.

Sometimes a chairman tries to mould a club in their own image just look at the Briatore era and then take the comment posted by V Block from a Malaysian poster

Comment

Anyway, enough of this batty boy stuff, this is a very good read:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...n-9006467.html
                                Good read. If Chelsea don't expand soon they'll be left behind by the big boys....Hope they get left behind by US to be quite honest!!
                                http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

Working...
                                X