No announcement yet.

QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not just about a stadium. This is Brand 'Queens Park Rangers' building a small town. All revenue will go into the clubs account. From concerts, cinemas, flat/house sales to rent from office space. If it comes off, we could become a wealthy club indeed.
    As for filling the Air Asia Arena, they'll sell tickets cheap to get bums on seats then once demand grows so will the prices. When we got promoted i lost count of the number of people If see wearing rangers gear. Seeing kids playing football wearing rangers kits. Now it's all gone quiet again. Fully expect us to fill the stadium once regular Prem status is secure.

Comment

• I agree with this except, though the board will be involved in building of the entire project ie housing and offices, only the stadium and its revenues will feedback into QPR's purse

I think it would be interesting to see what is possible with redeveloping LR ie housing and sell long term leases to create an ongoing revenue stream for the club
      Last edited by QPR71; 14-12-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
        This is not just about a stadium. This is Brand 'Queens Park Rangers' building a small town. All revenue will go into the clubs account. From concerts, cinemas, flat/house sales to rent from office space. If it comes off, we could become a wealthy club indeed.
        As for filling the Air Asia Arena, they'll sell tickets cheap to get bums on seats then once demand grows so will the prices. When we got promoted i lost count of the number of people If see wearing rangers gear. Seeing kids playing football wearing rangers kits. Now it's all gone quiet again. Fully expect us to fill the stadium once regular Prem status is secure.
        And this is the sort of statement which will make QPR fans the target for relentless stick for the foreseeable

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Loftus Road is a lot of other fans second favourite ground after there own . Proper football stadium and theres nothing like it left. Huge shame to be moving out and i will be gutted when that day finally comes.

And there's a reason why "theres nothing like it left"

Listen mate like everyone I'm going to be very sad when that day comes when we have to leave. All of my qpr memories revolve around LR. I used to go there every other Saturday with my old man. I remember spending most of the game watching the fans shouting and singing, I can even remember holding onto the old man's arm because the noise was so loud it used to frighten me.

But if we're to go forward as a club we have to do this.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• And this is the sort of statement which will make QPR fans the target for relentless stick for the foreseeable

We are already a laughing stock according to some, so who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              And this is the sort of statement which will make QPR fans the target for relentless stick for the foreseeable

Whether you like it or not this the modern world and life moves forward. lets be honest its only a matter of time before LR falls down.
              Ive said it before, we have the funding, squad, owner's, manager and premiership football around the corner. This is the perfect time to do this.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Shepherds Bush hasn't been home to QPR fans for decades with the majority of fans living outside the area and travelling in for matches. Moving to Old Oak won't be any different in that respect and with better rail links and dedicated parking facilities it'll make the experience for current fans all the more enjoyable.

Getting a pint inside and outside the ground was also a gamble, I can't remember the times I gave up and bought cans at the nearby shop instead, so if they can provide adequate bar facilities inside the stadium then all would be happy, especially since the money would be going to the club. Don't forget food too.

If they design the stadium correctly then they should be able to imitate the intimate atmosphere that we know and love at Loftus road, and I'm sure the players will appreciate a bit more than the 18 inches of space they have now between the hoardings and the touchline. Being able to shut down upper tiers independently from the lower section would be a smart move. As for filling it? With the right pricing we could regain those season ticket holders that have been priced out in the past and I bet some arm-chair supporters would come out of the woodwork for a few matches per season, especially with improved seating comfort for anyone over 5'1". Don't forget we had our fair share of the 66,000 fans that saw us against Cardiff in the Div 2 playoff. The new stadium will have the added advantage that you don't have to go to ****** Wales.
                A Brit, abroad

Comment

• Originally posted by Frisson View Post
                  Shepherds Bush hasn't been home to QPR fans for decades with the majority of fans living outside the area and travelling in for matches. Moving to Old Oak won't be any different in that respect and with better rail links and dedicated parking facilities it'll make the experience for current fans all the more enjoyable.

Getting a pint inside and outside the ground was also a gamble, I can't remember the times I gave up and bought cans at the nearby shop instead, so if they can provide adequate bar facilities inside the stadium then all would be happy, especially since the money would be going to the club. Don't forget food too.

If they design the stadium correctly then they should be able to imitate the intimate atmosphere that we know and love at Loftus road, and I'm sure the players will appreciate a bit more than the 18 inches of space they have now between the hoardings and the touchline. Being able to shut down upper tiers independently from the lower section would be a smart move. As for filling it? With the right pricing we could regain those season ticket holders that have been priced out in the past and I bet some arm-chair supporters would come out of the woodwork for a few matches per season, especially with improved seating comfort for anyone over 5'1". Don't forget we had our fair share of the 66,000 fans that saw us against Cardiff in the Div 2 playoff. The new stadium will have the added advantage that you don't have to go to ****** Wales.
                  Means nothing

Comment

Means nothing
                    umpteen day trippers and mates with tag alongs

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                      Yeah but we took 30k to Cardiff Zzzzzzz

…..we also took 231 fans to Blackpool today someone just told me???

Comment

• I wish those who want to remain at LR would put forward the economic case for staying. All we've read is moans, but come on guys, let's hear a sensible economic counter-argument to the move and how we can become successful on and off the pitch.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                          That's an awful lot of 'day trippers' so I am disinclined to believe that, besides tag-alongs become fans too.
                          A Brit, abroad

Comment

Yeah but we took 30k to Cardiff Zzzzzzz

…..we also took 231 fans to Blackpool today someone just told me???
                            The words 'Blackpool in December' say a lot.
                            A Brit, abroad

Comment

• Originally posted by Frisson View Post
                              The words 'Blackpool in December' say a lot.
                              how does Harlesden in January sound
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

• Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                                how does Harlesden in January sound
                                I've done both, Harlesden every time. :D
                                A Brit, abroad

Comment

Working...
                                X