Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
    Ricky, question. Would you take Adel even if he had the right attitude and put a shift in every game...whilst being the flair player that he is?
    If Adel had the right attitude and put a shift in every game he'd be playing for a team in the Champions League.

The problem is, his attitude stinks and he's lazy. A massive waste of talent but I don't care how good he is, we can't take the risk in having him return, he's one big bad apple!

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
      No one is defending last years team and agree that players who have no interest in our club should be moved on as fast as possible, so why the double standards.

Tarrabt is and was by far and away the worst so you "crack on" defending his antics, bet you were slaughtering Bosingwa for not wanting to sit on the bench etc etc. At least he turned up, even Warnocks book only tells a part of Tarrabt antics yet you want him back, priceless!
      I've not said I want him back, as far as I can recall. Just wish he could have been managed in such a way that would have allowed him to maintain his own style of play, enabling him to be more effective rather than stifling his talents by surrounding him with inferior players not up to his standard. Poor management by Hughes and Redknapp in my opinion is just as much to blame as his attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        I've not said I want him back, as far as I can recall. Just wish he could have been managed in such a way that would have allowed him to maintain his own style of play, enabling him to be more effective rather than stifling his talents by surrounding him with inferior players not up to his standard. Poor management by Hughes and Redknapp in my opinion is just as much to blame as his attitude.
        I think it's a bit harsh blaming Redknapp and even Hughes for what's happened to Adel. If he's as good as people say he is, and would perform well under the right management, how come there wasn't a mass of enquiries for his services after we got relegated? I know NW got the best out of him in a lower league, but this is supposed to be a player who's good enough for some of Europe's top clubs, yet can't even break into a poor Fulham side.

You'd expect good man managers to be able to handle talented players with bad attitudes (Fergie and Cantona spring to mind), but no one has taken up the challenge bar a season's loan. Perhaps they don't think he's a good enough player to take a chance on.

The football world isn't interested in Adel Taraabt but some QPR fans believe he's a genius. Who's right and who's wrong?
        Last edited by QPR Richard; 12-12-2013, 08:53 AM.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          Ricky, question. Would you take Adel even if he had the right attitude and put a shift in every game...whilst being the flair player that he is?
          There is no doubt he has a great talent and like you I have enjoyed watching him on many occasions so the answer is yes.
          However as much as we would all like him to knuckle down it just isn't going to happen and I am affraid I don't share the double standards of some, a wrong un's a wrong un no matter what talent he may have, particularly when it's one game in ten that he shows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            You sound just like Tarrabt, always someone else's fault!

Comment

Ok if you remember all those " moments of magic" in other than that one championship season name these games where he made a difference and we got the right result, shouldn't take you long.

A step over in the middle of pitch only impresses the uneducated, it's a results business and his baggage and disrespect for fans doesn't do it for me and many many others. If you happy for him to continually talk about wanting to move and failing to turn up for training etc etc then that's your choice, but not for me.
              I must be uneducated then because I loved seeing an R's player capable actually doing a step over in the middle of the park instead of treading on the ball, losing it or failing to find a QPR player with the most simple of passes.

In the past 20 years there have been few better players than Taarabt down the Bush, you are so quick to point out his failure in the Premier League but what QPR player can ctually hold there heads high from the past 2 seasons? Clint Hill, Ryan Nelson, Loic Remy??? Help me out, I'm running out of names to add to the list!

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                I must be uneducated then because I loved seeing an R's player capable actually doing a step over in the middle of the park instead of treading on the ball, losing it or failing to find a QPR player with the most simple of passes.

In the past 20 years there have been few better players than Taarabt down the Bush, you are so quick to point out his failure in the Premier League but what QPR player can ctually hold there heads high from the past 2 seasons? Clint Hill, Ryan Nelson, Loic Remy??? Help me out, I'm running out of names to add to the list!
                Jamie Mackie
                'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If you happy for him to continually talk about wanting to move and failing to turn up for training etc etc then that's your choice, but not for me.
                  Harry's very good at manipulating public opinion when it suits him and that extends to passing comments on players that show them in a bad light. There is no-one here so far that knows exactly what happened regarding the 'non-turn up to training'. Could have been a genuine reason. Is Adel the only player in the history of this club that has turned up late for training, but the only one singled out? There's no way in a million years that Harry will risk promotion failure to accommodate a player who's attitude has been questionable to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                    There is no-one here so far that knows exactly what happened regarding the 'non-turn up to training'. Could have been a genuine reason. Is Adel the only player in the history of this club that has turned up late for training,
                    We have a pretty decent idea how poor his attendance is from the Warnock book plus I dont think hes getting singled out; yes many people are late for work but the problem here seems to be the regularity. Footie is a Professionalism turning up late or not at all and not giving your all is unprofessional

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      We have a pretty decent idea how poor his attendance is from the Warnock book plus I dont think hes getting singled out; yes many people are late for work but the problem here seems to be the regularity. Footie is a Professionalism turning up late or not at all and not giving your all is unprofessional

Agree with West Acton
                      No matter how good he is, hell never make it in the premiership, 100% purely down to his attitude and his lack of "professionalism"!!
                      No premiership manager will stand for it!!!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                        Jamie Mackie
                        So in what possible sense was Mackie better. Even if we leave aside subjective things like "moments of magic", flair, entertainment value what were his goals scored and assists compared to Adel's?

Comment

• Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                          Jamie Mackie
                          Walked away from the club, as soon as it was obvious he wouldn't be an automatic choice.

#devilsadvocate

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            So in what possible sense was Mackie better. Even if we leave aside subjective things like "moments of magic", flair, entertainment value what were his goals scored and assists compared to Adel's?

Attitude and ground covered, that's all I can think of.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Grew a proper mean tash in movember

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                Yeah, attitude mainly I'd say.

Personally I'd only have players with the right attitude myself (and hopefully a little bit more ability than Mackie with a bit of luck)!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X