Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship footballer...... Simples!!!!!

Just wondering if there's a record for the most posts to a thread?........
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Championship footballer...... Simples!!!!!

Personally I think he has the talent to be a lot more than a Championship player but talent is absolutely worthless unless you have the right attitude.

Comment

• The best way to get the best out of him is to build a team around him, let him get his own way a bit like what NW done and look what happened, we got promoted and he was arguably our best player of the season.
        And I cant see a prem team doing that, its to much of a gamble and potentially could end up costing thousands.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Best thing for him would to be go out to Russia or an Arab country and let him be a star with a team built around him,

Comment

• Originally posted by essex View Post
            Best thing for him would to be go out to Russia or an Arab country and let him be a star with a team built around him,
            You're probably right to be honest!

Comment

The best way to get the best out of him is to build a team around him, let him get his own way a bit like what NW done and look what happened, we got promoted and he was arguably our best player of the season.
              And I cant see a prem team doing that, its to much of a gamble and potentially could end up costing thousands.
              and the fact he aint good enough!

Not sure why everyone has the obsession. Yes he had 1 GOOD SEASON, done fark all since and has let the club, his teammates and the fans down on numerous occassions. I wish him the best in the future, but never want to see him in a rangers short again, the fat mug

Comment

• Unless we are short of catering staff around the ground can't see a role for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  You have probably pulled the same games out that I would have Nik in fairness but as suggested less then 15 and some way short of 72games which sums up his over all impact/contribution

For me your being a bit generous in some of the games for instance he was abysmal Blackburn away and we were 3 nil down at half time and the player that came on and made a difference that day was Mackie. Chelsea at home although we won the team were t urd and we got the run around by 9 men so cant have that one either

City at home I actually blame Adel for costing us the points as he went through one on one and hit the keeper when it was easier to score

Will not argue the Chelsea away win which for me was Adels best game in a QPR shirt. That game demonstrated how immense Adel can be but those performances are few and far between. He was hungry, intelligent, strong, skilful and clam under constant provocation and if that player turned up week in week out then I would be his biggest defender on the board. But to demonstrate that ability but 99% of the time not even come close to producing it when you club, supporters and colleagues require that to me reflects a don't give a toss attitude and as you suggest turn it on and off when I fancy it in the big games which is unacceptable.

There is one other game which you have not mentioned which I thought he was great in and that was WBA away last season when he took the bull by the horns and almost single handily got us back in it. He's got in his locker but for whatever reason there is a brick wall

I would go as far as to say he cost us more points in the top flight then won us and I cannot turn a blind eye and give a player a free pass to take the p iss out of us because of his unprofessionalism when he potentially held the key to our success. Like I said before stepovers and back heals don't impress me however putting your body on the line and fighting for the fans and teammates like he did at Chelsea does

He is wasting his talent and more importantly his career so don't see why us, QPR, should suffer for that
                  Great post, completely agree with a lot of what you've said. I just reckon he's got it in him to mature and knuckle down, personally I think he's matured quite a bit since the promotion season after seeing some of his interviews with us from last season and a reduction in pointless showboating! I'd like to see Adel with the hard working bunch we have now and given a chance with them in the first 6 months of next season should we go up, if he fails to deliver then offload...and then I'll give up saying he'll be a Prem success with QPR!
                  Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 10-12-2013, 04:59 PM.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• I remember when a load of fans begged the club to give Adel the number 10 shirt. When he got it, they creamed themselves. The reaction was, 'ooh, Adel's wearing number 10. Sexeeee'. Pathetic.

He had one good season with us. He couldn't cut it with us for two years in the prem, and he's not cutting it with the Fools. That's how it is.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky View Post
                      and the fact he aint good enough!

Not sure why everyone has the obsession. Yes he had 1 GOOD SEASON, done fark all since and has let the club, his teammates and the fans down on numerous occassions. I wish him the best in the future, but never want to see him in a rangers short again, the fat mug
                      Ok we get it you don't like Taarabt, whenever there is a thread about him you pop up with a venomous tirade.

Fact is Taarabt didn't have one good season, he was playing for the club across about 4 1/2 season in the Championship. He was good for us when he was on loan from Spurs and in our promotion winning season he was sublime and single handily led us to promotion….make no mistake in a 46 game season in one of Europes most competitive leagues that is no mean feat. Onto the Prem and yes he was below average last season but the season before that he had a fair few decent games. Yes he let the club, its fans and most of himself down. Do I want him back? no probably not as we have moved on but don't underestimate his ability and if he could just get his head straight and channelled his skill for the good of a team then he would be one heck of a player.

I like to remember Taarabt for all those special moments of magic, I waited all my life to see skill like his in a QPR shirt and there is no telling when we will see it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Ok we get it you don't like Taarabt, whenever there is a thread about him you pop up with a venomous tirade.

Fact is Taarabt didn't have one good season, he was playing for the club across about 4 1/2 season in the Championship. He was good for us when he was on loan from Spurs and in our promotion winning season he was sublime and single handily led us to promotion….make no mistake in a 46 game season in one of Europes most competitive leagues that is no mean feat. Onto the Prem and yes he was below average last season but the season before that he had a fair few decent games. Yes he let the club, its fans and most of himself down. Do I want him back? no probably not as we have moved on but don't underestimate his ability and if he could just get his head straight and channelled his skill for the good of a team then he would be one heck of a player.

I like to remember Taarabt for all those special moments of magic, I waited all my life to see skill like his in a QPR shirt and there is no telling when we will see it again.
                        "Taarabt's to good for you" we all sung it and we cant forget what a great player he was for us (more than just 1 season) BUT imho he's no way near good enough for the premiership and I really don't think he ever will be.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Championship footballer...... Simples!!!!!

Er, just remind me - what division are we in?

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

Ricky seems to be the old fashioned type, can't stand these new 'flair' players, prefers the physical side of the game and hoooof ball.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• [QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;1181220]Er, just remind me - what division are we in?[/QQUOTE my point being is that he'll never make it in the premiership!!!
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                                Alright mate let's see, As for Fulham, he still has half a season to prove himself. And if he doesn't, good! We'll have him if we go up! He's not finished yet mate, he'll be back here next season to haunt the Anti-Adel brigade...which is only a small minority of us, thank god.
                                Adel Taarabt belongs at Loftus Road.
                                Doesn't his contract end at the end of the season?

Comment

Working...
                                X