Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Not at all just telling it as I see it. I support QPR not an individual and I'm not one for having my head turned by tricks. Guy has all the ability to be a top player but the attitude is poor and holds him back. Some are prepared to forgive his failings because they like the OMG moments but that's not for me that's not even close enough.

Few people have mentioned his efforts for us in top flight so name them what are the games I have forgotten?? 72games name 15 he had major influence over
    So do I, I feel we'd benefit from him being in this current side, unlike the mercenary sorta sides we've had previously. This current side is like a step-up in quality from our promotion winning side (without Adel), but with the same attitude. I'd like to see him in the current setup to be honest.

Off the top of my head, first season: Villa home, Toon home, Arsenal away, Chelsea home, Blackburn away, Arsenal home, Spurs home, Stoke home........second: Chelsea away, Spurs home, Fulham home, United away, City home..........Probably a few more. Just realised they were against decent sides, maybe only turned up for the big games?
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• He's hardly ripping it up there is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        So do I, I feel we'd benefit from him being in this current side, unlike the mercenary sorta sides we've had previously. This current side is like a step-up in quality from our promotion winning side (without Adel), but with the same attitude. I'd like to see him in the current setup to be honest.

Off the top of my head, first season: Villa home, Toon home, Arsenal away, Chelsea home, Blackburn away, Arsenal home, Spurs home, Stoke home........second: Chelsea away, Spurs home, Fulham home, United away, City home..........Probably a few more. Just realised they were against decent sides, maybe only turned up for the big games?

I have been thinking for quite some time now that if Taarabt had been in the side instead of perhaps Hoilett, QPR could have won a lot more games by a far bigger margin this season.

Yes, he has a questionable attitude, but his ability at this level is excellent.

He isnt getting much game time at Fulham so if it is possible to bring him back in January, I would like to see him return, especially if QPR do not have any plans to buy another striker. The lack of attacking options on the bench on Saturday and in other games has been startling to say the least. Murphy, Onouha, Traore, O'Neil, Henry Jenas and Kranjcar. Where's the striker amongst that lot who can cover in case of injury?

Comment

• The only reason he played well under Warnock is because he built a team around him. That approach (in part) was what caused the awful 2 seasons in the premiership, Adel is a brat albeit a talented one but Warnock incorporated him into the team at the expense of putting other players noses out of joint this is why we did not have a united dressing room. If he came back, HR would not tolerate any of his antics as he has worked so hard to build a united team.

Comment

• Originally posted by essex View Post
            The only reason he played well under Warnock is because he built a team around him. That approach (in part) was what caused the awful 2 seasons in the premiership, Adel is a brat albeit a talented one but Warnock incorporated him into the team at the expense of putting other players noses out of joint this is why we did not have a united dressing room. If he came back, HR would not tolerate any of his antics as he has worked so hard to build a united team.
            Warnocks 'Adel orientated' system did not cause our downfall, it was working perfectly fine until he got the sack, we were playing well with pretty much our championship team and weren't even in the bottom 3 at the time. When Hughes took over he changed it up a bit so we were more of a team, the back end of the season went well, we had an excellent run in and stayed up, and Adel was arguably our stand out player. What caused our downfall was getting rid of the players that kept us up that season and bringing in mercenaries...I though we knew that anyway?
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Very arguably Nik.....Cisse?...Mackie?...Barton?..even Traore was bombing down the wings delivering wonderful crosses...Derry?...what was the name of the fb we signed?..started off awful and got better.

Comment

Warnocks 'Adel orientated' system did not cause our downfall, it was working perfectly fine until he got the sack,
                Were we not fourth from bottom one point outside the bottom three????????? if thats the case thats not working perfectly well in my book it suggests to me it was not working

It was certainly part of the problem as building your team around one person means if they get injured or suffer a dip in form (or a two season dip in Adels case) you cease to function and are a poorer side for it. We got away with in in the championship season as one of Adels strengths is that he's built like and ox and rarely gets injured; he also maintained his form that season so great but we have seen what the fallout is when he does not perform and he is the sole answer for the team it equals relegation

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Very arguably Nik.....Cisse?...Mackie?...Barton?..even Traore was bombing down the wings delivering wonderful crosses...Derry?...what was the name of the fb we signed?..started off awful and got better.
                  Fair enough everyone put in a shift, Adel stood out though, he got both his goals and all his assists for that season in the last 10 games. Was the fb Taiwo?
                  Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 09-12-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Were we not fourth from bottom one point outside the bottom three????????? if thats the case thats not working perfectly well in my book it suggests to me it was not working

It was certainly part of the problem as building your team around one person means if they get injured or suffer a dip in form (or a two season dip in Adels case) you cease to function and are a poorer side for it. We got away with in in the championship season as one of Adels strengths is that he's built like and ox and rarely gets injured; he also maintained his form that season so great but we have seen what the fallout is when he does not perform and he is the sole answer for the team it equals relegation
                    Good enough for a team that hardly brought in any decent players after getting promoted, it was pretty much our Champs side, not being in the bottom 3 was a success in my eyes, for that set of players anyway. When Hughes came in he made us less reliant on him, proved to work. I am totally against building a team around one player, doesn't work in the Prem. But as soon as Hughes came we threw away that Adel system, therefore he was not solely to blame for relegation.

Comment

Totally agree.

Don't know where all this "bring Adel back" nonsense is coming from, it will never happen under Harry and rightfully so. The club has come on leaps and bounds in terms of professionalism under Harry and long may it continue. Hopefully the last remaining few prima donnas on the payroll are shifted this summer and we continue to bring in players who want to act professionally and want to play for the club!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 09-12-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Totally agree.

Don't know where all this "bring Adel back" nonsense is coming from, it will never happen under Harry and rightfully so. The club has come on leaps and bounds in terms of professionalism under Harry and long may it continue. Hopefully the last remaining few prima donnas on the payroll are shifted this summer and we
                        continue to bring in players who want to act professionally and want to play for the club!

Comment

Fair enough everyone put in a shift, Adel stood out though, he got both his goals and all his assists for that season in the last 10 games. Was the fb Taiwo?
                          Yeah he done his bit Nik no doubt. If he were to come back and knuckled down, trained hard, and just wasn't disruptive ...i'd have him back. But someone like Adel is a maverick and will always be
                          arrogant (which he should tbh, because that makes him who he is and what he does) so you can't take that away from him, but if he could just respect the manager,team-mates and fans that'd be enough...wouldn't it?
                          Taiwo!!......... that's him thanks

Comment

You have probably pulled the same games out that I would have Nik in fairness but as suggested less then 15 and some way short of 72games which sums up his over all impact/contribution

For me your being a bit generous in some of the games for instance he was abysmal Blackburn away and we were 3 nil down at half time and the player that came on and made a difference that day was Mackie. Chelsea at home although we won the team were t urd and we got the run around by 9 men so cant have that one either

City at home I actually blame Adel for costing us the points as he went through one on one and hit the keeper when it was easier to score

Will not argue the Chelsea away win which for me was Adels best game in a QPR shirt. That game demonstrated how immense Adel can be but those performances are few and far between. He was hungry, intelligent, strong, skilful and clam under constant provocation and if that player turned up week in week out then I would be his biggest defender on the board. But to demonstrate that ability but 99% of the time not even come close to producing it when you club, supporters and colleagues require that to me reflects a don't give a toss attitude and as you suggest turn it on and off when I fancy it in the big games which is unacceptable.

There is one other game which you have not mentioned which I thought he was great in and that was WBA away last season when he took the bull by the horns and almost single handily got us back in it. He's got in his locker but for whatever reason there is a brick wall

I would go as far as to say he cost us more points in the top flight then won us and I cannot turn a blind eye and give a player a free pass to take the p iss out of us because of his unprofessionalism when he potentially held the key to our success. Like I said before stepovers and back heals don't impress me however putting your body on the line and fighting for the fans and teammates like he did at Chelsea does

He is wasting his talent and more importantly his career so don't see why us, QPR, should suffer for that

Comment

• Hes a decent Championship player in a winnig side. Not a productive Prem player especially in a struggling side. Plus hes fat

Comment

• Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                                Hes a decent Championship player in a winnig side. Not a productive Prem player especially in a struggling side. Plus hes fat

Comment

Working...
                                X