Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshy - Should he stay or should he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for that post Fraggy. Your work and that of the other mods is very much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      As previously mentioned, we’re damned if we do, damned if we don’t.

I too think it slightly distasteful that we have to hold such a poll that singles out one individual.
      However, this proves that the team of admins/mods take the moderation of this board very seriously.
      It proves that there isn’t just one person who holds all the cards & makes all the decisions.
      Everything we do for this board, we do as a team; every decision that affects the board is voted on; & in this case, where there is a stalemate, we had no other option than to take a suggestion from our members & put up this poll.
      Although most see Myu as the owner of the board, Myu keeps us all up to date with every single aspect that affects the running of this board. The transparency is very refreshing.

Some have mentioned the use of the ‘ignore’ option; this works great for the most part, bust as soon as someone quotes a person that you have on your banned list; you get to see their post.

What most on here are not aware of; is the amount of PM’s we receive from our members. I get an Email alert every time someone sends me a PM or somebody reports a post. Being 5 hours behind the majority of you & having to keep my phone/email on for work reasons, means I have lost count of the amount of times I have been woken up in the early hours with either someone reporting a member for a being an idiot or someone claiming they are being bullied.

The results of this poll while I am composing this message sits at +60% in favour of banning Marshy.
      54 members (mostly regulars) want him gone; so what would the other 29 members who don’t want him gone, suggest we do to appease the 54?
      If anyone can come up with a better solution, we are all ears.
      This MB is soft touch compared to the days of the Paladini wars, rusty trombone squad berating and the public breakdown of some of our more fragile members such as HA9Ranger and Neil.

If you are getting posts reported frequently then there are such proper ****as posting on here nowadays. Marshy is tame compared to bygone posters , I suggest you reply to these whinging ***** and tell them to get a life. Mind you if you are getting woken up in the early hours dealing with 'admin' problems then maybe you need to get one too.

This MB is becomimng full of some proper melts nowadays, its really is.

Comment

• Still go

Comment

• :QUOTE=Fraggy;1044756]

Being 5 hours behind the majority of you & having to keep my phone/email on for work reasons, means I have lost count of the amount of times I have been woken up in the early hours with either someone reporting a member for a being an idiot or someone claiming they are being bullied..[/QUOTE]

Two things: you should set your phone on a timer for the hours you should be sleeping if you can and can anyone guess who the bully claims came from?
          @gatorTFC

Comment

• running to mods claiming they are being bullied on an internet messageboard ffs...pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
              can anyone guess who the bully claims came from?
              There's nothing to guess. AFAIK none of them came via PM or offline; all Marshy's so-called "bullying" claims are on the public forum for everyone to judge. IOW they've been created in no place other than his own fertile imagination.

I trust this "busts another myth"

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                :QUOTE=Fraggy;1044756]

Being 5 hours behind the majority of you & having to keep my phone/email on for work reasons, means I have lost count of the amount of times I have been woken up in the early hours with either someone reporting a member for a being an idiot or someone claiming they are being bullied..

Two things: you should set your phone on a timer for the hours you should be sleeping if you can and can anyone guess who the bully claims came from?[/QUOTE]

I wish Gator; as I am on salary, I have to available 24/7; lost count of how many times the alarm company has called me in the middle of the night due to a slight power flicker.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  This MB is soft touch compared to the days of the Paladini wars, rusty trombone squad berating and the public breakdown of some of our more fragile members such as HA9Ranger and Neil.

If you are getting posts reported frequently then there are such proper ****as posting on here nowadays. Marshy is tame compared to bygone posters , I suggest you reply to these whinging ***** and tell them to get a life. Mind you if you are getting woken up in the early hours dealing with 'admin' problems then maybe you need to get one too.

This MB is becomimng full of some proper melts nowadays, its really is.
                  I agree with most of what you have said W12; but we have to remember that not everyone is a tough as you :strive:
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• I actually agree with W12.......that said I did still vote that Marshy should be banned. Getting totally bored of logging on to see his mindless pro Taarabt rubbish and his single minded responses without paying any attention to points posed by others on the thread.

All that said, I remember the days when Ted (or Dexter For England as he used to be) used to wind me up a treat. These days I just laugh at his nonsense!

Comment

• I like how everyone is parroting the line about Marshy's posts being mindless, or drivel, or whatever you want to call it, when they are consistently some of the best argued posts on this forum, even the ones I don't agree with. His OPs are regularly met with a load of one line cliches, rather than responses that actually engage with Marshy's points.

I think people here are having trouble separating Marshy's actual arguments from the tone of his posting. Obviously he writes provocative posts, and starts an annoying amount of threads, we all know that. But he kicks off important debates, and this forum badly needs this.

Comment

• And I dont think:

a) mob justice should be used to decide whether posters are banned here

b) that 65% is anywhere near a strong enough mandate to ban someone, even if we did decide to go for mob rules

Comment

• A moderator has a responsibility to ensure the forum runs smoothly for the greater benefit of all visitors to the site. Whilst we always encourage healthy and lively debate a clear line has to be drawn when the same poster becomes the constant cause of thread-hijacking and flame-wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                            I like how everyone is parroting the line about Marshy's posts being mindless, or drivel, or whatever you want to call it, when they are consistently some of the best argued posts on this forum, even the ones I don't agree with. His OPs are regularly met with a load of one line cliches, rather than responses that actually engage with Marshy's points.

I think people here are having trouble separating Marshy's actual arguments from the tone of his posting. Obviously he writes provocative posts, and starts an annoying amount of threads, we all know that. But he kicks off important debates, and this forum badly needs this.
                            Park as a RB and Mackie as a DM was his latest 2 crusades.... the guy is either attention seeking or a fan of another club on the wind up. He doesnt like being disagreed with and is out to "destroy" other peoples opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                              I like how everyone is parroting the line about Marshy's posts being mindless, or drivel, or whatever you want to call it, when they are consistently some of the best argued posts on this forum, even the ones I don't agree with. His OPs are regularly met with a load of one line cliches, rather than responses that actually engage with Marshy's points.

Parroting is a very good description...agree with a lot of this be honest. Agreed that the chap is very vociferous in his views and opinions, but unless the guy has contravened any forum rules in some way just either ignore him or engage in sensible debate with him.....do one or the other, but the constant slagging him off can be just as tedious as some view his threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                                Park as a RB and Mackie as a DM was his latest 2 crusades.... the guy is either attention seeking or a fan of another club on the wind up. He doesnt like being disagreed with and is out to "destroy" other peoples opinions.
                                The former idea is sensible albeit not something I'd agree with. The latter is daft, and I've just said why in that other thread. But at least he's throwing some original opinions out there, usually with explanations for why he thinks that way.

I think Marshy would respond better to being disagreed with if people said what was wrong with the post (eg mine and others responses to Mackie as a CM) rather than just writing 'idiot!' 'troll!' etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X