The Sack Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sack Race

Well, for awhile it seems like a lot of people want Hughes out. What isn't so clear though, what actual candidates are there for the job?

The constant braying for Harry Redknapp is laughable, quite frankly. If we do get another guy in I think we need to actually consider who will not only keep us up but actually be able to not only consolidate Premier League status but help the club to actually grow. And by grow I don't mean financially, I mean by helping get the basics sorted for our club so we can actually produce talent. The way we used to when I first became a fan of the club. Not too much to ask?

This site, The Sack Race, gives a list of possibilities. Click here

For an added bit of fun, I'll add a poll option for who you'd want to see picked. There's some Hollywood names in there, but I don't see why if Tony can sell the club to an individual any name should be ruled out. For me, Tony backing his manager so publicly will make any future employee more favourable to an advance. Because let's face it, we have a bad reputation for dispensing of managers. Tony is great at PR, so whilst some maybe annoyed by his tweets they are done for a reason.
    Rafa Benitez
    6.90%
    Alan Curbishley
    5.17%
    Pep Guardiola
    18.97%
    Guus Hiddink
    13.79%
    Glenn Hoddle
    3.45%
    Ralf Rangnick
    0.00%
    Frank Rijkaard
    3.45%
    Jurgen Klopp
    0.00%
    Harry Redknapp
    36.21%
    Other, please specify
    12.07%

The poll is expired.

Is moses between jobs at the moment ?

He parted the red sea so maybe able to teach our strikers how to open up defences ........

Other the that ,Bergkamp ........

Comment

Rafa Rafa Rafa !!!
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

For me, Guus Hiddink is the standout name on that list. Utterly implausible, but just imagine how nuts our 20 Korean fans would go for him :XD:

But seriously, this guy is a great motivator and has a keen tactical mind. I'd prefer him to Guardiola.

A more sane choice, and realistic, might be Billy Davies. Who I rate very highly and thought he did well at Derby and Forest and with the right backing could do very well for us.

Comment

Billy Davies managed Derby to the lowest ever prem points total mate...........which we are hellbent on beating

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Billy Davies managed Derby to the lowest ever prem points total mate...........which we are hellbent on beating
            You're right, must have had a brain fart on that one!

Comment

Davies was there at the start

Just saw your post above Will ignore this one
              Last edited by QPRDave; 11-11-2012, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I'd take Rafa.

Has alot of experience in the Prem and has proven himself there and in Spain.

Comment

Can we hold out till Mourinho's ready??

Comment

Pauloooooo Di Canioooooooooo

Comment

OR Martinez

Comment

Gus Poyet for me

Comment

harry for me

Comment

Ok, our league position is the pits, but I believe the club is an attractive proposition to many potential big-name managers. Firstly, we're in the biggest league in the world. Secondly, we're in London. Thirdly, we have an ambitious board who are investing in a new training ground and stadium. Fourthly, we have a reasonably good squad with players who've won the very highest domestic honours in various countries.

It's not all doom and gloom. We are a club in an exciting phase of redevelopment and have a great board to lead us. Everything is in place for us to really grow as a football club but it's on the pitch that counts. That's where it's all going wrong and why I believe TF will pull the trigger sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if board members are sounding out one or several candidates from this list. A big name manager shouldn't be beyond us. TF is a passionate charismatic man and able to sell his vision to anyone. As a fanbase, we've pretty much bought into it.

I think most of us agree a change is needed. The rumour mill will be going into overdrive anytime soon!
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Frank Rijkaard for me, get him out of that dessert where he is working now, very calm and sophisticated manager with a great deal of international respect.
                              Tony needs him to sell the project.
                              From Holland with love

Comment

Working...
                              X