No announcement yet.

Where will QPR finish in 2015/16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe we will finish mid-table/lower... Fer, Austin and Phillips will go IMO which leaves us as that standard of side

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I Went second too. Really fancy us to do very well.
      Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I went second too
      Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Totally impossible to say until we know who is coming and going.

Comment

I'm sure I'll be considered arrogant, but I think we'll win it (barring long term injuries and suspensions). We were no better than average the last time we were in the Championship, and still should've gone up automatically - and the division that year was harder than next season (with Leicester running away with it), we also had an ageing squad with terrible management. The whole vibe around the club is different this time around. Obviously the likes of Fer, Sandro and Austin will leave, but I think we've still got more than enough about us to have a go at winning it. Bournemouth showed what youth, desire and pace can do in this division.

McCarthy

Furlong Caulker Chief YSY

Philips Luongo Gladwin Hoillett

JET Polter

Won't be many better teams than that.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          I'm sure I'll be considered arrogant, but I think we'll win it (barring long term injuries and suspensions). We were no better than average the last time we were in the Championship, and still should've gone up automatically - and the division that year was harder than next season (with Leicester running away with it), we also had an ageing squad with terrible management. The whole vibe around the club is different this time around. Obviously the likes of Fer, Sandro and Austin will leave, but I think we've still got more than enough about us to have a go at winning it. Bournemouth showed what youth, desire and pace can do in this division.

McCarthy

JET Polter

I pray that Hoillet is long gone before the season starts. If not I pray even harder (if possibly) that we dont have to rely on him as being 1st choice.. And Phillips imo he'll be gone to.

.... got to admit though, really looking forward to seeing our new signings in action. Got the 'potential' of being a very attacking entertaining side....
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

McCarthy

JET Polter

I don't think your far off Surrey. AM extremely confident we will compete at the top. Not sure if we will win it. If we can scare clubs off wanting to spend 15 mill on Charlie when they can get him for free next year or 10 mill on Phillips then I think we are laughing.
            I also believe if we do sell our top assets then decent reinforcements will be brought in. Can not comprehend thinking if we sold Austin the club would not look to replace him in some capacity.

Liked your 11 apart from hoilett. Hate him with a passion and had so many chances Surrey. It's not like we can say maybe he'll come good if given A run of games. He's failed to deliver and is a poor footballer.
            Would also like to see another striker added to the ranks if Charlie goes. Would still love Gray. Polter and Gray, little and large could be a potentially dangerous partnership.

You look at your 11 and it's decent and cases can be made for faurlin, diakate and Henry to all start in the middle as well. Really can't see many teams having our depth which gives us a massive edge.
            Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 10-07-2015, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              I pray that Hoillet is long gone before the season starts. If not I pray even harder (if possibly) that we dont have to rely on him as being 1st choice.. And Phillips imo he'll be gone to.

.... got to admit though, really looking forward to seeing our new signings in action. Got the 'potential' of being a very attacking entertaining side....
              Fair enough. Just replace Hoillett with Mackie. As regards Philips, I think it's 50/50 whether he stays or not. If he hadn't come into such form towards the end of last season he would definately be staying, I doubt anyone in the PL would be looking at him. With that said, Ramsey has shown that he can get the best out of him and playing regularly. At 24 he still has the best part of 7-8 good years ahead of him, so I'd like to think he isn't in a rush to jump ship at the first opporutnity. Besides, if another club don't meet our valuation, he isn't going.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                I don't think your far off Surrey. A, extremely confident we will compete at the top. Not sire of we win it. If we scare clubs off wanting to spend 15 mill in Charlie when can get him for free next year or 10 mill on Phillips then I think we are laughing.
                I also believe if we do seek our tip assets decent reinforcements will be brought in. Can not comprehend thinking if we sold Austin the club would not look to replace him in some capacity.

Liked your 11 apart from hoilett. Hate him with a passion and had so many chances Surrey. It's not like we can say maybe he'll come good of given A run of games. He's failed to deliver and is a poor footballer.
                Would also like to see another striker added to the ranks if Charlie goes. Would still love Gray. Polter and Gray, little and large could be a potentially dangerous partnership.

You look at your 11 and it's decent and cases can be made for faurlin, diakate and Henry to all start in the middle as well. Really can't see many teams having our depth which gives us a massive edge.
                Agree with all of that tbh mate.

Comment

Fair enough. Just replace Hoillett with Mackie. As regards Philips, I think it's 50/50 whether he stays or not. If he hadn't come into such form towards the end of last season he would definately be staying, I doubt anyone in the PL would be looking at him. With that said, Ramsey has shown that he can get the best out of him and playing regularly. At 24 he still has the best part of 7-8 good years ahead of him, so I'd like to think he isn't in a rush to jump ship at the first opporutnity. Besides, if another club don't meet our valuation, he isn't going.
                  Just cant see him staying tbh. Proved he was a decent player at Blackpool, OK he underachieved big time for us for a long period but he's also just proved to everyone what he's capable of and still shows great potential, all this in the $hitist team in the league. Reckon put him in an already established Prem side and he could be a great success. Dont get me wrong mate Id love him to stay, reckon he'd dominate most sides down the wing in this division but I just cant see it happening.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

OK. I will say it.........

Rock farking bottom
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      OK. I will say it.........

Rock farking bottom
                      The question is where you think not where you hope....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        The question is where you think not where you hope....
                        Ouch. Good one.

Seriously though, with the pile of shyte we are signing along with the shyte terry oconner as manager I just feel we have no hope.
                        Clearly, there are no funds to spend.
                        I just feel we are in big farking trouble.

If I'm wrong then Ted will eat his cat
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Some of you do know how hard this league is....right?...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            Not as hard as the prem apparently given we finished 4th with a squad involving modibo maiga and will keane at any one time.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Bournemouth, with a squad worth less than a couple of million, absolutely pissed it. This league really isn't that difficult if you get your house in order early enough.

Comment

I'm of the opinion people are giving a lot of teams al hell of a lot of credit.

QPR with a team of McCarthy, green, yun, caulker, ned, Phillips, diakate, faurlin, Henry, luango, gladwin, jet, Jackie, polter eft should be more than competitive and we don't even know 100% if our assets will all be sold or who else will come in.

What other teams would you swap our squad with. All this talk of we could finish mid table or near the bottom I would love to know all these teams that seem to be intimidating some of our fans?
                                Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 11-07-2015, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X