No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course McClaren knew the situation. It is very easy to read the P&L of 2016//2017 and calculate what the loss would be in 2017/2018 (around £25m) and thereby project that we had to cut costs from last season to this of about £17m to meet FFP requirements and a further £20m or thereabout next season, when the last bit of the parachute money goes away. Even a financial fool will understand this means we need to massively reduce player salaries and cannot recruit other than cheap players. McClaren was told this, and if he wasn't he and his advisers could find out if the cared to spend half an hour on the public accounts everyone can freely read. The only thing that has changed financially since McClaren came onboard was a very positive outcome of the FFP penalty from the 2013/2014 season (the positive thing being the fine not counting towards new FFP calculations, thereby having no impact on our future spending).

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
      Of course McClaren knew the situation. It is very easy to read the P&L of 2016//2017 and calculate what the loss would be in 2017/2018 (around £25m) and thereby project that we had to cut costs from last season to this of about £17m to meet FFP requirements and a further £20m or thereabout next season, when the last bit of the parachute money goes away. Even a financial fool will understand this means we need to massively reduce player salaries and cannot recruit other than cheap players. McClaren was told this, and if he wasn't he and his advisers could find out if the cared to spend half an hour on the public accounts everyone can freely read. The only thing that has changed financially since McClaren came onboard was a very positive outcome of the FFP penalty from the 2013/2014 season (the positive thing being the fine not counting towards new FFP calculations, thereby having no impact on our future spending).
      Iee hoos has stated on many occasions that he always budgets for worst case scenarios, is this not how we find the club now?
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        We lost one of the best keepers in the division to a PL bench.

We lost one of the quickest centre backs in the league.

We allowed another decent centre back to run his contract down and leave.

We haven’t bothered with adequate replacements yet, in addition to ignoring the absolutely vital need for a quality striker.

But let’s blame the new manager. Brilliant.

He’s trying to implement a different style of play. One which will take a bit of time to get working effectively. One in which, once sorted, will produce a far more solid and consistent team.

He could do with a bit of support from the fans, along with a group of players who actually do what they are being asked to do properly.

I shall reserve judgement until we’ve played say 15 games and see how things are going then.
        Super post Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Iee hoos has stated on many occasions that he always budgets for worst case scenarios, is this not how we find the club now?
          Plan for the worst hope for better.

Comment

I do blame SM for that result because no.professional team should lose by that amount. He'll be aware of that and it's not a sacking moment though.

Comment

What a muggy thread this is.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what muggy means, but I'm sure I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  I'm not exactly sure what muggy means, but I'm sure I agree.
                  Pathetic/idiotic/stupid/foolish etc etc.
                  Yeah, horrible loss yesterday, no doubt about that. Head should roll for sure but the manager's, 3 games in? Nah.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Yeah, horrible loss yesterday, no doubt about that. Head should roll for sure but the manager's, 3 games in? Nah.
                    Yeah. I DO agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      I do blame SM for that result because no.professional team should lose by that amount. He'll be aware of that and it's not a sacking moment though.
                      Only going by what I've read so could be out of order but if your team makes six howlers leading to six goals in forty five minutes you have to take the blame

Comment

i watched the back 4 knocking it about against sheff ud , absolutely no urgency about them when we were losing . yesterday all over the place , wrong side of the man , lazy , unable to read dangerous situations... and then they gave up , mclaren needs to do some hard work with them

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          i watched the back 4 knocking it about against sheff ud , absolutely no urgency about them when we were losing . yesterday all over the place , wrong side of the man , lazy , unable to read dangerous situations... and then they gave up , mclaren needs to do some hard work with them
                          Isn't that what many of our posters said he was good at when appointed

Comment

Let's be realistic. Steve may not be ideal.Ollie deft wasn't,but when u got no dosh,crap ground,crap training ground who descent are you going to attract?
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Dave Mc has put some interesting tweets up ( sorry don’t know how to copy ) seems all is not well

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

This post is probably a bit a muggy and a little premature. Was born out of pure anger and dismay at not just the performance yesterday, but the sheer state of the club.

I also think McClaren is a very poor appointment and I personally think it will all go wrong whether it’s within the next 2 weeks or 3 months. If we lose the next 2/3 games or generate a minimal return in points then I really wouldn’t be surprised if he goes even this early.

Footballs ruthless nowadays and if it’s not working or a bad decision has been made then make the change.

Comment

Working...
                                X