COVID Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID Vaccinations

Interesting article where Warnock says most of his squad haven't been jabbed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58121349

I hope our medical team have encouraged our players to get the vaccines as it could impact the squad if they haven't.

Wish I'd never been jabbed x 2 . Have had such bouts of fatigue since

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Interesting article where Warnock says most of his squad haven't been jabbed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58121349

I hope our medical team have encouraged our players to get the vaccines as it could impact the squad if they haven't.
      How so?
      I only know of 3 people that have had Covid ...all double jabbed.
      As 72 bus also states plenty suffering from fatigue due to the vaccine.
      These guys are supremely fit and are at almost zero risk from Covid so ultimately it should be a personal and private choice without out any form of coercion.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Really sorry to hear that. I took the gamble because the effects of covid would be worse than the jab, luckily I was okay with them. But I do know of a 42yr old guy who isnt jabbed that nearly died last week; it was touch and go.

But for a pro-footballer I would have thought lung damage from long covid would be career threatening. I think I'd be taking it in those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

How so?
          I only know of 3 people that have had Covid ...all double jabbed.
          As 72 bus also states plenty suffering from fatigue due to the vaccine.
          These guys are supremely fit and are at almost zero risk from Covid so ultimately it should be a personal and private choice without out any form of coercion.
          Young people I know arent getting jabbed.

I doubt the club could force players to take it. It would be interesting to know the take up of our squad though.

I wasnt aware of the fatigue issue with the jab though.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Young people I know arent getting jabbed.

I doubt the club could force players to take it. It would be interesting to know the take up of our squad though.

I wasnt aware of the fatigue issue with the jab though.
            I'm 33 and double jabbed, so are all my family except the kids, and most of my friends have at least 1 now (I have 1 close friend who is refusing to vaccinate though). No one I know has reported any long term effects of being vaccinated.

I do know quite a lot of people who have had covid, and some who have got pretty sick. 2 people I know have died.

I think the vaccine can probably affect different people in different ways, but I think it is pretty clear for normal people the risk of covid outweighs the risk of vaccinating. For athletes however, the stakes are so much higher. Your whole career is completely dependant on being in great condition. If the vaccine could affect your fitness in even a small way I imagine it would become a very painful choice, take the jab? Or a higher risk of covid? Of course covid can affect your fitness too more than the vaccine, but you might not catch it or just get it very mild. I wouldn't blame an athlete for maybe wanting to wait to see how it affects the other players who are taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              Phew, and I thought it was my liver playing up!

Hold on though. Was it the Pfizer you had?

Comment

Im 29yo and had my 2nd Pfizer jab 6 days ago, felt like rubbish since. fatigued and sore all over. Like someone said, it affects some people and not at all for others.

Comment

I don't vaccinate for myself. I vaccinate to help the bug disappear so more vulnerable people don't die from it. I compare it to the WWII bombing. People were asked to put up dark window blinds so the Germans could not spot the lights from the cities and did not know where to bomb. The chance any individual would be hit with a bomb in his head was minimal, but if enough people didn't follow the advice the bombs would come flying and a lot of people would be killed. It would probably not be the ones that didn't care to put the black window blinds up, but someone else. Pretty much like the the effect of vaccination or the lack of it. Those ignoring it should be aware it might cost someone else's life. I wouldn't consider for a second not to vaccinate, and I am prepared to accept the minimal risk of serious side effects. Its about standing up for other people who do not enjoy the same good health as mine.

Comment

It amazes me some won’t have it but let there kids have mmr jabs or in one case a work mate happy do a line of coke or other crap but reckons it’s got a microchip in it !

I’m sure it will in tablet form soon enough and anti virals to make it easy to take for needle phobia

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                      It amazes me some won’t have it but let there kids have mmr jabs or in one case a work mate happy do a line of coke or other crap but reckons it’s got a microchip in it !

I’m sure it will in tablet form soon enough and anti virals to make it easy to take for needle phobia
                      Even having been double jabbed I would still use this if I went on a flight or a gig. Those that cant vaccinate should use it in my opinion.

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog...s-nasal-spray/

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        I don't vaccinate for myself. I vaccinate to help the bug disappear so more vulnerable people don't die from it. I compare it to the WWII bombing. People were asked to put up dark window blinds so the Germans could not spot the lights from the cities and did not know where to bomb. The chance any individual would be hit with a bomb in his head was minimal, but if enough people didn't follow the advice the bombs would come flying and a lot of people would be killed. It would probably not be the ones that didn't care to put the black window blinds up, but someone else. Pretty much like the the effect of vaccination or the lack of it. Those ignoring it should be aware it might cost someone else's life. I wouldn't consider for a second not to vaccinate, and I am prepared to accept the minimal risk of serious side effects. Its about standing up for other people who do not enjoy the same good health as mine.
                        Terrible analogy regarding about bombing.
                        Far better analogy is you asking me to put suncream on so you don't get burnt!
                        Do some research, as you are just as likely to pass it on even if vaccinated.

Comment

Be weird if the government presses ahead with plans to only allow vaccinated fans into stadia but unvaccinated players can swan in and out without challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Terrible analogy regarding about bombing.
                            Far better analogy is you asking me to put suncream on so you don't get burnt!
                            Do some research, as you are just as likely to pass it on even if vaccinated.

"A new CDC study finds the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) reduce the risk of infection by 91 percent for fully vaccinated people".

"Other study findings suggest that fully or partially vaccinated people who got COVID-19 might be less likely to spread the virus to others. For example, fully or partially vaccinated study participants had 40 percent less detectable virus in their nose (i.e., a lower viral load), and the virus was detected for six fewer days (i.e., viral shedding) compared to those who were unvaccinated when infected"

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...uce-risks.html

Comment

Warnoock misguided if he thinks being vaccinated prevents you getting Covid-19. It wont, it will however reduce for most the range of affects and more important reduce hospital treatment and ultimately death. Certainly for the Pifzer jab, the antibodies die at the rate of about 6% every 2 months, so you become more vulnerable as time goes by.

I had Covid-19 pre vaccine and I needed medical intervention and spent 6 hours being pumped with very special antibiotics. Ended up with bottom of left lung collapsed, scarring on both lungs and long covid which took 6 months to recover from. Scans show great improvement re lung scarring. And that is the important bit if you want to perform as an athlete/professional footballer. The scarring looks like white creases after you squeeze a clear plastic cup and means those areas cannot take in oxygen which ultimately means your performance will drop if extensive scarring.

And yes on first jab I thought here we go again ffs its Covid all over again . Would I have the booster, yes because I saw the carnage in the hospital and those in the side rooms who were not coming out to go home or ever see another football match.

The bug is not going to disappear, there will be no herd immunity as unlike measles, chickenpox etc which are stable viruses they are largely eradicated through vaccination . Covid-19 is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X