Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    I am not a regressive ( whatever that means ) lefty my friend. Just someone with a bit of common sense. By the way, I am out campaigning for an In vote this week with my local Conservative MP. Is she a regressive lefty or someone who has actually taken time to study the situation thoroughly? Oh, and again, Ip the R's.
    If she is anything like my MP, Sarah shitbag Wollaston, she is probably licking Cameron #### for a better job.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
      What a load of regressive lefty nonsense, if we lose Farages hand will be strengthened
      From what I've read on Sky News comments, many posters who normally vote For the 2 main parties are saying they will vote UKIP from now

I will be strengthening Mr Farage's hand and vote UKIP myself

4 million votes last time, how many in 2020?

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
        From what I've read on Sky News comments, many posters who normally vote For the 2 main parties are saying they will vote UKIP from now

I will be strengthening Mr Farage's hand and vote UKIP myself

4 million votes last time, how many in 2020?
        Yes crossit I think the way the 2 major parties have ran their in campaign along with the self righteous lib Dems have left me looking for something else and I can't see beyond Ukip
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 21-06-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I am not a regressive ( whatever that means ) lefty my friend. Just someone with a bit of common sense. By the way, I am out campaigning for an In vote this week with my local Conservative MP. Is she a regressive lefty or someone who has actually taken time to study the situation thoroughly? Oh, and again, Ip the R's.
          No your'e not ! you don't need to tell us again we all know your an A level geography teacher

Comment

• LBC have just reported that the British government have spent £675,000,000 on helping Turkey join the EU.

But Cameron has said "Turkey won't join the EU until the year 3000, if ever".

So, Cameron has spent £675,000,000 of your tax money on something that won't happen.

Nick Ferrari and I are bewildered by this utter waste of our money, remember this when you local
            A & E is being closed and 20,000 of our senior citizens die of the cold next winter.

Vote out.
            Last edited by cross it Dave; 21-06-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

LBC have just reported that the British government have spent £675,000,000 on helping Turkey join the EU.

But Cameron has said "Turkey won't join the EU until the year 3000, if ever".

So, Cameron has spent £675,000,000 of your tax money on something that won't happen.

Nick Ferrari and I are bewildered by this utter waste of our money, remember this when you local
              A & E is being closed and 20,000 of our senior citizens die of the cold next winter.

Vote out.
              In actual fact, that money is not to help Turkey join the EU - it is to help Turkey cope with the Syrian refugee crisis - and the EU is committing further funds to do that.

DO you know why?

It's to stop Turkey sending the refugees into Greece - i.e. - INTO THE EU....

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                In actual fact, that money is not to help Turkey join the EU - it is to help Turkey cope with the Syrian refugee crisis - and the EU is committing further funds to do that.

DO you know why?

In actual fact,that was not mentiond, what was discussed is funding Turkey joining the EU.
                Last edited by cross it Dave; 21-06-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Ah ha. I have blown my cover!
                  One of my Euro lessons I have taught ( it was on the National curriculum , so we had to do it ), involved the kids taking on the role of the member states and listening to their mates taking on the role of applicant states, including Turkey. Then they voted at the end of the lesson whether to allow them in or not. Turkey didn't really have much of a chance ( this was 10 years ago ). The kids understood that it was about the benefits the EU would get from their joining, not really the other way round. It hasn't really changed and won't do for a very long time - thus the Brexit Turkey threat ( who's project fear now?)is highly misleading. Dare I say those year 9 kids had a better understanding of the issues than many of the current electorate who probably can't even name the 28 members, much less understand the implications of a life changing decision. By the way, Gove always frustrated us by not really trying to understand how comprehensive schools work. If only he had had the guts to visit more schools like ours.

Comment

In actual fact,that was not mentiond, what was discussed is funding Turkey joining the EU.
                    And why, do you think that was not mentioned? ;-)

You didn't smell a rat? You thought the Government was so fundamentally stupid (I mean, I'm not a fan of this Gov at all - but they 'aint stupid) they'd spend all that money on funding Turkey's entry into the EU- when actually, if the EU voted on Turkey joining the EU - the UK Gov (any flavour) would almost certainly use their veto vote to stop it?

Comment

Ah ha. I have blown my cover!
                      One of my Euro lessons I have taught ( it was on the National curriculum , so we had to do it ), involved the kids taking on the role of the member states and listening to their mates taking on the role of applicant states, including Turkey. Then they voted at the end of the lesson whether to allow them in or not. Turkey didn't really have much of a chance ( this was 10 years ago ). The kids understood that it was about the benefits the EU would get from their joining, not really the other way round. It hasn't really changed and won't do for a very long time - thus the Brexit Turkey threat ( who's project fear now?)is highly misleading. Dare I say those year 9 kids had a better understanding of the issues than many of the current electorate who probably can't even name the 28 members, much less understand the implications of a life changing decision. By the way, Gove always frustrated us by not really trying to understand how comprehensive schools work. If only he had had the guts to visit more schools like ours.
                      There are nearly 25,000 schools in Britian, he would need more than guts to get around them all.

Comment

DO you know why?

There are actually two different figures here. The government has actually given 750 million to Turkey to aid with the stem of refugees. Prior to the agreement on refugees they had given 250 million to help them with refugees and then an additional 500 million after the agreement.

In addition to this the government has agreed to pay £1.2 billion under the EU’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance to Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey between 2014 and 2020, or £169.5 million per year. Here is the official link. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...LEX:32014R0231. It seems a lot of money to pay for something which apparently isn't going to happen in our lifetime.

Comment

And why, do you think that was not mentioned? ;-)

You didn't smell a rat? You thought the Government was so fundamentally stupid (I mean, I'm not a fan of this Gov at all - but they 'aint stupid) they'd spend all that money on funding Turkey's entry into the EU- when actually, if the EU voted on Turkey joining the EU - the UK Gov (any flavour) would almost certainly use their veto vote to stop it?
                          See my post above. Congratulations you have said either the government are fundamentally stupid or are lying about Turkey
                          joining the EU. Unfortunately I think it is the latter.

Comment

• Really looking like Remain is the Winning vote again with only Two days left, and thats after a real good couple of weeks of leave taking over.
                            That mental bloke has had more effect on this vote than any politician imo.

Comment

• I think 'isn't going to happen in our lifetime' is probably over-stating it.

I assume the pre-ascension funding is to help Turkey prepare (get in a fit state) to join the EU 'at some point'. At the point EU membership agrees it's fit to be part of the EU, it could be a big plus - it has 74 million people - so can make a potentially beneficial economic contribution. Clearly, however, it's not going to be soon (in the next 10 years). I can't see EU members voting Turkey in if it's going to end up with the rest of the EU economically rescuing Turkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                See my post above. Congratulations you have said either the government are fundamentally stupid or are lying about Turkey
                                joining the EU. Unfortunately I think it is the latter.
                                Nope. See post above. Though I'm quite prepared to believe, in general, the Tory party (or any) would lie ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X