No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice to see everyone is actually able to debate without retorting to insults (bar the odd one).

Good point in regards to changes to football.....no idea personally, i guess this would be decided after the event.

I see a lot of the out votes tends to come down to immigrants / border control. Anyone believing if we leave the EU then we will all of a sudden close the borders and "no more foreigners in" type, are extremely naive in my opinion. we will lose so much trading power as already stated by the US and not hard to see that jobs will be lost given our current trading arrangements will effectively be nul and void. could be centuries until we get back that sort of control again.

Not just a case of us sticking 2 fingers up to the EU, we put every other country in the world at jeopardy as they will all stick with the EU given their size/power/economy.

Better the devil you know and all that...

Like i originally said, i think the vote will side with the "out" camp.

Comment

Leave and I wouldn't mind betting that others will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        nice to see everyone is actually able to debate without retorting to insults (bar the odd one).

Good point in regards to changes to football.....no idea personally, i guess this would be decided after the event.

I see a lot of the out votes tends to come down to immigrants / border control. Anyone believing if we leave the EU then we will all of a sudden close the borders and "no more foreigners in" type, are extremely naive in my opinion. we will lose so much trading power as already stated by the US and not hard to see that jobs will be lost given our current trading arrangements will effectively be nul and void. could be centuries until we get back that sort of control again.

Not just a case of us sticking 2 fingers up to the EU, we put every other country in the world at jeopardy as they will all stick with the EU given their size/power/economy.

Better the devil you know and all that...

Like i originally said, i think the vote will side with the "out" camp.
        Who wants "no more foreigners in"?
        Most people have said they want the ability to control who we allow into our country.
        Under EU rules we can't even stop known criminals from entering, one known Latvian criminal came here and murderd a 14 year old girl in west London. That is just one of many cases like it.
        If you care about the security and safety of people in this country then border controls are essential, and the only way to regain those controls is to vote leave.

Comment

Makes me laugh the Government putting this to a public vote. If it all goes t*ts up then they've got an instant excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
            Who wants "no more foreigners in"?
            Most people have said they want the ability to control who we allow into our country.
            Under EU rules we can't even stop known criminals from entering, one known Latvian criminal came here and murderd a 14 year old girl in west London. That is just one of many cases like it.
            If you care about the security and safety of people in this country then border controls are essential, and the only way to regain those controls is to vote leave.
            Do you actually think being a part of the EU allows known criminals to just move around freely within?

big misunderstanding of what your voting for if you think this is the case.

Comment

Do you actually think being a part of the EU allows known criminals to just move around freely within?

To be fair, being in the EU has meant people can travel without showing a passport. Certainly easier to get through borders. Don't think it applies here though.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Cameron himself was undecided until he knew what concessions he would get during the negotiations.

Funny how when we weren't given much at all, it would suddenly be a disaster on both the economic and national security fronts if we decided to leave.

Sort of gives the impression that telling the truth is way behind personal agendas in the great scheme of things.
                You mean like Boris who spent ages deciding if he was in or out and suddenly now is absolutely out?

I think we will vote to stay in because I think people will vote for what they believe is the best financial future and I think "in" will win that argument.

Comment

Whether we remain in or leave, the security and passport control on Eurostar needs to be changed. Security needs to be similar to the airlines, where people check in their suitcases and collect them at the other end and passport control needs to be moved back to the U.K. At the moment it is possible to travel from Brussels/Amsterdam to the U.K. without showing your passport. You buy a ticket on Eurostar to Lille and another ticket from Lille to London. Your passport is not checked if travelling to Lille and since you are already on the train, it is not checked from Lille to London.

Comment

Gotta be out. Can't understand the reasons for staying in tbh. Love being in Europe and being European, doesn't mean I agree with being run by an unelected European Superstate, which will most definately happen.

Comment

I think about maintaining Britishness, not over burdening public services, secure borders and having more influence over our economy and our laws.

Comment

I don't just believe it, I know it to be true I've worked in the security sector. We are not part of schengen but all that means is we check if people have an EU passport. Even if when checking their passport we find they have criminal convictions we can only refuse entry if we can provide evidence we believe they're a direct risk to the public, which is pretty much impossible without a crystal ball.

I think the big misunderstanding is on your part. But don't take my word for it, I could show you the gravestones of people killed by EU nationals who entered this country with previous criminal convictions in their home countries. These people would never have been allowed entry into this country if they did not have an EU passport.

Comment

OUT

Comment

It wont let me vote but i'm out big time, it will be a gutter if we vote to stay in.

Beginning to hate my job now this time last year we have one Eastern European driver now there is 8 almost half,
                            some can barely string a sentence together i just don't get it.

No chance of a pay rise either with them flooding the labour market.

Comment

66% voting out.

That's how I see it elsewhere too. Unless the remain folk are being very quiet.

Comment

Why would leaving give us more control? All the regulations Boris is always banging on about would still be there and if we want to export to mainland Europe, the world's most lucrative market, we would still have to abide by the same regulations. The only difference is we would have no say in the drawing up of those regulations.

Some in the out campaign have admitted that we might have to pay 4% tariffs every time we export to Europe - any idea how many jobs that would lose. The economy is already starting to tank because loads of companies are refusing to invest. Nissan for one - who makes more cars in Sunderland than Italy does in its entire country - have already said they would leave.

Those who want to leave must be very wealthy - because clearly they are not bothered about the economy our their financial futures.

So many myths in this thread - e.g. Turkey - there is NO rights for Turks to work here, merely to come here as tourists, as we will freely go there.

Comment

Working...
                                X