Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    https://www.crowdpac.co.uk/eu-referendum-in-or-out - if you're unsure which way to vote, you can use this test to identify your priorities and see where you end.
    74% out
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Will you really have Boris Johnson as your Primeminister?

Cameron has alienated millions of Conservative voters, so he's toast even if he wasn't standing down

Johnson, is PM elect if Brexit wins.

If Remain wins by a narrow margin, it might result in UKIP's supporting surging to such a degree at the next general election and the referendum happening again under a .......UKIP government.

As for Corbyn, more chance of QPR winning the Champions League in the next 4 years than that terrorist appologist becoming PM.
      Last edited by cross it Dave; 13-06-2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Ok, thanks, Cross it Dave and Lymehoop.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          As for Corbyn, more chance of QPR winning the Champions League in the next 4 years than that terrorist appologist becoming PM.
          I'd make us a 2000/1 shot to win the champions league in the next four years. So you'd lay me greater than 2k to 1 Corbyn becoming PM at any time? Money where mouth is and I'll have a slice....

If there is a Brexit, the tory vote could split. Labour's performance in by-elections since he became leader have been excellent. He polls well with younger people. As for him being a terrorist apologist, I'd say the actions of successive UK governments in the middle east have done far more to encourage and spread terrorism than anything JC got involved with. Was dear old John Major a terrorist for brokering the agreement which led to power sharing for the very same terrorists?

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            I'd make us a 2000/1 shot to win the champions league in the next four years. So you'd lay me greater than 2k to 1 Corbyn becoming PM at any time? Money where mouth is and I'll have a slice....

If there is a Brexit, the tory vote could split. Labour's performance in by-elections since he became leader have been excellent. He polls well with younger people. As for him being a terrorist apologist, I'd say the actions of successive UK governments in the middle east have done far more to encourage and spread terrorism than anything JC got involved with. Was dear old John Major a terrorist for brokering the agreement which led to power sharing for the very same terrorists?
            2,000/1 for us to win the champions league in 4 years! got to spend a season getting up, then a season getting into it, then win it within 2 years! 2,000/1 is very short! odds should be 10x that.

Comment

If we vote Brexit won't Labour also have the same problem as the Tories since they want us to stay in (except for 2 or 3 people). They just said on the One O'clock news that for the next week the Labour party is going to brought to the forefront to persuade labour voters to vote for Remain. Also Remain was part of the Labour manifesto.

Comment

So will Labour's vote, but to an even greater extent, and I don't bet mate.

Corbyn is a terrorist appologist, fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  https://www.crowdpac.co.uk/eu-referendum-in-or-out - if you're unsure which way to vote, you can use this test to identify your priorities and see where you end.
                  78% out

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                    2,000/1 for us to win the champions league in 4 years! got to spend a season getting up, then a season getting into it, then win it within 2 years! 2,000/1 is very short! odds should be 10x that.
                    yeah I know, but there was no way Dave would have given me >5k to 1 Corbyn!

Comment

• Just been looking at the odds on this. Although they are gradually changing, they are still about 2/1 for leave and 1/2 to remain.

Absoulutely staggered at this. Surely we can't be that stupid as a nation, can we?

Comment

yeah I know, but there was no way Dave would have given me >5k to 1 Corbyn!
                        Betting is a mugs game, I would advise against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Just been looking at the odds on this. Although they are gradually changing, they are still about 2/1 for leave and 1/2 to remain.

Absoulutely staggered at this. Surely we can't be that stupid as a nation, can we?
                          Leave has shortened, but the bookies do tend to get these things right - they were a far more accurate guide to the last election than the polls.
                          The problem is this. Anyone who is doing well financially, with any type of vested interest is going to vote remain because from a money pov why rock the boat, why risk de-railing the gravy train? This argument can be extended to a lot of people who aren't wealthy but are quite comfortable with the current status quo.

To that lot you have to add younger people who in general are pro EU. Younger people travel more, tend to value a cosmopolitan outlook, they want the freedom of movement that EU membership should (but in reality does not) confer.

And then there's the non English bits of the UK who tend to have benefitted the most from EU membership. Add these different constituencies up, do the maths - like the bookies and exchanges have to - and remain comes out on top. My opinion is that the undecided could call this one, and they put Cameron back in with a far larger majority than anyone - other than the bookies - predicted.

Personally the politicians on both sides of this debate fill me with horror.

Comment

Leave has shortened, but the bookies do tend to get these things right - they were a far more accurate guide to the last election than the polls.
                            The problem is this. Anyone who is doing well financially, with any type of vested interest is going to vote remain because from a money pov why rock the boat, why risk de-railing the gravy train? This argument can be extended to a lot of people who aren't wealthy but are quite comfortable with the current status quo.

To that lot you have to add younger people who in general are pro EU. Younger people travel more, tend to value a cosmopolitan outlook, they want the freedom of movement that EU membership should (but in reality does not) confer.

And then there's the non English bits of the UK who tend to have benefitted the most from EU membership. Add these different constituencies up, do the maths - like the bookies and exchanges have to - and remain comes out on top. My opinion is that the undecided could call this one, and they put Cameron back in with a far larger majority than anyone - other than the bookies - predicted.

Personally the politicians on both sides of this debate fill me with horror.
                            I'm well off, 3 houses, 1 of which is in France, I have voted out and the English make up 85% of the UK.
                            Last edited by cross it Dave; 13-06-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Well reasoned Hal.

Comment

• Wasn't Leicester 5000-1 to win the league so I think you can say we would be more like 50,000-1 to win th champions league, not 2000-1

Comment

Working...
                                X