Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Gove is Qpr

Said it again on air when talking about underdogs to do with the EU referendum

Comment

• Now that's an embarrassment. Odious, self-serving man :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
        And why, do you think that was not mentioned? ;-)

You didn't smell a rat? You thought the Government was so fundamentally stupid (I mean, I'm not a fan of this Gov at all - but they 'aint stupid) they'd spend all that money on funding Turkey's entry into the EU- when actually, if the EU voted on Turkey joining the EU - the UK Gov (any flavour) would almost certainly use their veto vote to stop it?
        A rat?, are you actually in the know as to where our money actually winds up when we give it to country's like Turkey, if you are let Justine Greening know as she has not got a clue where a lot of the £12 billion we fork out to the 3rd world every year.

The queues outside Swiss banks grow longer by the day as their leaders deposit our tax pounds into them.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Really looking like Remain is the Winning vote again with only Two days left, and thats after a real good couple of weeks of leave taking over.
          That mental bloke has had more effect on this vote than any politician imo.
          I've noticed that since Sunday there have been no polls. Does anybody know if they aren't allowed to publish them so close to the election. I know that there aren't going to be any exit polls.

Comment

• The ones I've seen either say it's neck and neck, or brexit have a 3% lead or remain have a 3% lead. The choice is yours.

What I am more interested in is the comments I read on Sky News reports about the referendum, which always total in the hundreds and are always strongly in favour of Brexit, 9 out of 10.

On most LBC phone ins that I listen too, the general public are generally in favour of Brexit, I's say 6 or 7 out of 10.

The experts, as we know are generally in favour remain.

The definition of an expert, an ex is a has been, and a spert is a drip under pressure.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              A rat?, are you actually in the know as to where our money actually winds up when we give it to country's like Turkey, if you are let Justine Greening know as she has not got a clue where a lot of the £12 billion we fork out to the 3rd world every year.

The queues outside Swiss banks grow longer by the day as their leaders deposit our tax pounds into them.
              I agree with you on the apparent corruption of many of our leaders, actually!

No what I meant was, the radio article perhaps didn't present all of the info - just a subset. Usual Media tactic to steer folks in the direction they want etc

Comment

No what I meant was, the radio article perhaps didn't present all of the info - just a subset. Usual Media tactic to steer folks in the direction they want etc
                Not an "article". It's a phone-in - therefore people would have been free to phone in to debate the very point you have.

Comment

• This comment sums up what I think will happen if we vote to remain. It won't be the end of the discussion just the beginning.

Mohamed El-Erian

“There are two fundamental divisions of the EU,” said the former Pimco CEO, who is now chief economic adviser at Allianz. “There is the British view — that it is a super free-trade zone, that it is a destination. Whereas the Germany-France view is that it is a means to something else — to an ever closer union. These are fundamentally two very different views on what the EU is about,” he said.

“If the referendum [results in the U.K. remaining in the union],” El-Erian said, “we don’t resolve these different views. It means we are going to have tensions over and over again, because they are pursuing two different objectives, within one institutional agreement. So, ironically, over the longer term, an exit may actually solve one of the basic inconsistencies of the European Union.”

“This is messy politics getting in the way of good economic policies,” El-Arian told Bloomberg, “ As a result, economic policy finds it very hard to be coherent.”
                  Last edited by jmelanie; 21-06-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Michael Gove is a ####.
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

In actual fact, that money is not to help Turkey join the EU - it is to help Turkey cope with the Syrian refugee crisis - and the EU is committing further funds to do that.

DO you know why?

It's to stop Turkey sending the refugees into Greece - i.e. - INTO THE EU....
                      Even if you are absolutely correct, you appear to be missing a very pertinent point. Perhaps now is the time to bring it up.

If we were not in the EU, then we would not have needed to give Turkey anything to help towards stopping foreigners invading their country en route to another country that happens to be in the EU.

Net result being a further £675m that could have been put to good use in this country. No doubt, some on here would have benefited from such spending in some form or another.

Comment

• Takes his kids. Sits in the Lower Loft. Good fella. Tbh Michael's problem is that he isn't self serving enough. If he were he'd have put his head up Dave's a ss and been for remain. The Tory leadership could be his, but he doesn't want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Even if you are absolutely correct, you appear to be missing a very pertinent point. Perhaps now is the time to bring it up.

If we were not in the EU, then we would not have needed to give Turkey anything to help towards stopping foreigners invading their country en route to another country that happens to be in the EU.

Net result being a further £675m that could have been put to good use in this country. No doubt, some on here would have benefited from such spending in some form or another.
                          More importantly if we hadn't allowed Greece to join the EU, which I thought at the time was a mistake because they clearly weren't ready to join, the refugees would probably not have gone to Turkey and even if they did would have nowhere else to go on to.

Comment

Or to put it another way. Let's pay the eu millions of pounds so the eu can pay the "ransome" being asked of it by Turkey.
                            A ransome that wouldn't need paying if it weren't for the luducrous open border policy of the eu.
                            Makes perfect sense to me !
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

I would say you're right Brightonr. But those sums, in all honesty, are probably entirely trivial in comparison to the economic impact of leaving. This is what virtually all fiscal expertise is telling us.

Comment

• Worth a watch. Entertaining.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

Comment

Working...
                                X