X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Oh my God, who's seen the latest episode of GoT? Amazing.
    *SPOILER ALERT*

R+ L = J revealed finally. The wildfire scene was pretty cool but I found tommens death the most poignant, really well done IMO

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Found myself rewatching The Office last week. Nice warm up for the brent film due out later this year.
    Tried giving the American version a watch, but just couldn't get into it. Trust them to turn it into 20+ episode seasons as well. Always been quantity over quality as far as TV shows are concerned over there.
    I was the same, stick with it though mate, it really is brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Found myself rewatching The Office last week. Nice warm up for the brent film due out later this year.
    Tried giving the American version a watch, but just couldn't get into it. Trust them to turn it into 20+ episode seasons as well. Always been quantity over quality as far as TV shows are concerned over there.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Game of thrones

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Coming late to this thread, but what is GoT?

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Discovered Billions recently, Damian Lewis (Brody in Homeland, decent football skills too!) is the lead. It's about the high powered world of hedge funds and how the US Attorney and SEC are trying to clamp down on insider trading. I thought it'd be quite slow but its actually very gripping, yet to come across a boring episode
    Cool, I'm going to check that out, thanks for that Jeems.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Discovered Billions recently, Damian Lewis (Brody in Homeland, decent football skills too!) is the lead. It's about the high powered world of hedge funds and how the US Attorney and SEC are trying to clamp down on insider trading. I thought it'd be quite slow but its actually very gripping, yet to come across a boring episode

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    I've been watching a brilliant comedy called "Fresh off the Boat", about an Asian (Chinese) immigrant family settling into life in the US - based on the real life experiences of a US TV Chef (Eddie Huang - no, me either btw). Stereotypes for sure, but shows how the Chinese integrate into community's so well.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Albert Finney wasn´t he playing a character called Norman Bates? Anyway; He was/is a great actor. Nowadays I watch Hinterland and The West. I watched Centennial some moths ago and I still can´t get it out of my head. Wow.. Top actors,top story and a very realistic take on how the American Natives lost their land.

Edit; Antony Perkins played Norman Bates. Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates.
    But OK, after having read about this series on wiki, I´m not sure Bates Motel is something I want to see ....
    Last edited by Shania; 08-06-2016, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Any of you checking out the new one starting tonight - Outcast?

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    I'm watching the final season of Person of Interest - I know some may be interested, the basic premise is about the government and machines spying on our everyday lives. Good show and a good variation on the good guy catches bad guy theme.

Leave a comment:

• Del
    replied
    Just stumbled on this thread.

Bates Motel is excellent. Across the various series, they have gradually unwound the mystery around Norman and managed to retain it's suspense and gripping content throughout. Glad another is on the way.

Arrow - started great but has seriously lost it's way imo with the whole "team arrow" aspect. Should've kept it as it was with Oliver and Diggle and even Roy was ok in the context of his character. They over did it tho imo and ruined the programme. I still watch it and have just finished the last series, but ffs, Laurel was an Assistant DA who was scared of her own shadow, 2 boxing lessons later and suddenly she's part of the team and taking on multiple league of assassin ninjas at once... really!!

The Flash - Also just finished the latest series of this. Unlike Arrow, I think they are improving this as it goes along and some of the ideas and the way it's done are better. Enjoyable watch imo.

The Blacklist - I think this is a really good watch also. I've not had time to keep up with the current series so have about 10 episodes to watch (so no spoilers please), but if anyone hasn't watched it I would really recommend it. James Spader is superb in the lead role and the female lead is filth so what's not to like?

TWD - I was very late to this party and ended up watching series 1-3 in quick succession on Amazon and loved it. It definitely lost it's way on one series either 4 or 5 I can't remember, which was very disjointed, but the last series found some form again with some great moments and suspense.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    You would love house of cards Hubble. The story is intense and Kevin spacey was born for the role. You must make it a priority as it will certainly get into your top 3 of best watched TV series
    Okay mate, I will add it to my schedule! Thanks for the recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Finished season 4 of Bates, great recommendation Hubble! Brilliant acting all round, so sad to see Norman deteriorate so quickly this season. I like how it splits itself from the main Psycho universe, what happened in episode 9 was very unexpected! I actually quite enjoy the side plots - drug trade, Dylan, Emma etc. Wonder who's paying the bills/who's been running the motel since Emma left...dread to see their TripAdvisor reviews!
    Hey, great to hear that mate, very glad - but not surprised - that you like it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X