Clear All

• nanocopic
    replied
    Is Bates Motel anything like Psycho?

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Totally agree about the whole teen high school thing. That hasn't helped but I'll carry on
    Bradley and Emma sandwich would be great

Just watching Silicon Valley, a decent comedy about a tech start up. Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Anyone here seen "Hell on wheels?" Is there a white female character in that series who once (alledgedly) was captured by native americans? This character is based on a true story which I´m interested in.
    I want to watch that.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Anyone here seen "Hell on wheels?" Is there a white female character in that series who once (alledgedly) was captured by native americans? This character is based on a true story which I´m interested in.
    Last edited by Shania; 18-07-2016, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    Stranger Things

This show has just started on Netflix, anyone else started to watch it?

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Totally agree about the whole teen high school thing. That hasn't helped but I'll carry on

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Well what can I say Weare? Horses for courses mate, it's all a matter of taste. For me Bates Motel gets better and better as the tension builds each series. I suggest hanging in there as I agree the first series is a bit.. discombobulating... and maybe a bit too much of the teen stuff in there. By series 3 you should be hooked.

While we're on the subject, Ray Donovan series 4 has just started. Love Ray Donovan! This is a series I wholeheartedly recommend, not least because of a stellar performance from Jon Voigt as Ray's dad Mickey.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Watched pretty much all series that have mentioned so decided to watch bates motel after all the hype. Its been built up by some of you so much, and I don't want to pi ss on your fun but I am struggling. On season 1 and seen 4 episodes. I am not an old bugger but why is it set in modern day? Norma drives a vintage Mercedes, nice but the police driving a modern day 4 by 4. I just think they should of made it more old school as it is pre psycho and I don't feel it suits modern day. I did Google it and seems many agree. Slow paced, does it get miles better as its not in the same league as bloodline and house of cards????
    Haven't seen 'Bates Motel' so can't comment, but think 'House of Cards' is excellent.I started watching the 1st series of 'Bloodline' when it first came out and really enjoyed it, but for some reason stopped halfway through and never went back to it. Will definitely try and get up to speed with it.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Watched pretty much all series that have mentioned so decided to watch bates motel after all the hype. Its been built up by some of you so much, and I don't want to pi ss on your fun but I am struggling. On season 1 and seen 4 episodes. I am not an old bugger but why is it set in modern day? Norma drives a vintage Mercedes, nice but the police driving a modern day 4 by 4. I just think they should of made it more old school as it is pre psycho and I don't feel it suits modern day. I did Google it and seems many agree. Slow paced, does it get miles better as its not in the same league as bloodline and house of cards????

Leave a comment:

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    I think that's on the cards Hovis - also surely Danni and Jon are half brother and sister? Isn't that the twist? Love the fact he is pale, dark haired, Northern - Jon Snow - winter; and she is fire, Southern, dragon, summer.

And yes, the reverse Red Wedding scene with Arya was superb.
    Yeah they are half brother/sister (well at least that is what the final episode is suggesting). There are still some big characters left who will certainly play a role in the future

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    There is going to be 2 more seasons but they will have less episodes, 7 or 8 instead of 10 but they might be longer episodes. There a few twists I expect to happen (won't reveal them here as I don't want to ruin it) but it's mainly about Jon snow/targaryan and danaerys forming an alliance (or possibly not) and eventually fighting the whitewalkers.
    I think that's on the cards Hovis - also surely Danni and Jon are half brother and sister? Isn't that the twist? Love the fact he is pale, dark haired, Northern - Jon Snow - winter; and she is fire, Southern, dragon, summer.

And yes, the reverse Red Wedding scene with Arya was superb.

Leave a comment:

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    When I posted that I was referring to episode 8. Episode 9 of this series of GoT was epic and 10, the final episode, the one you're referring to, was nothing short of exquisite, IMHO. Tommen's death so poignant, as you say, and the rise to power of the women! Everything now set up perfectly for (what I think will be) the final series.
    Oh and I forgot the arya stark and the reverse red wedding scene was pretty mind blowing!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    There is going to be 2 more seasons but they will have less episodes, 7 or 8 instead of 10 but they might be longer episodes. There a few twists I expect to happen (won't reveal them here as I don't want to ruin it) but it's mainly about Jon snow/targaryan and danaerys forming an alliance (or possibly not) and eventually fighting the whitewalkers.

Leave a comment:

• UpperP
    replied
    When I posted that I was referring to episode 8. Episode 9 of this series of GoT was epic and 10, the final episode, the one you're referring to, was nothing short of exquisite, IMHO. Tommen's death so poignant, as you say, and the rise to power of the women! Everything now set up perfectly for (what I think will be) the final series.
    Never saw that coming at all. IMHO the best last episode of a series they've done by far. Apparently there's going to be two more series, seven episodes and eight. Think the next one will be about who's the rightful king/queen and the last battling the white walkers. Bring it on. I can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    *SPOILER ALERT*

R+ L = J revealed finally. The wildfire scene was pretty cool but I found tommens death the most poignant, really well done IMO

Leave a comment:

Working...
X