No announcement yet.

A Palace perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Palace girls do know that your club means absolutely nothing to Queens Park Rangers fans.......

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      You Palace girls do know that your club means absolutely nothing to Queens Park Rangers fans.......
      And yet here we are.....28 pages later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Palace Fan View Post
        And yet here we are.....28 pages later.
        LOL
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave
          thats supposed to prove what exactly ? you are on a QPR site behaving like sad friendless ######....so speaking for meself its just poking a snake with a stick.
          It's all a bit of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Glazier View Post

But he was good for Cardiff. QPR failed to bring him on maybe, failed to play to his strengths, failed to motivate him to train for you, lacks confidence. I don't think Palace (Pardew and Millen) will have that problem. I mean look how Zaha how blossomed. I see potential in Mutch, I believe some QPR fans do too and are sad to see him go as some of you would like to see him under new management.

I will be happy to come back here at the end of the season and give my views.

But considering you are all pointing out that he doesn't tackle, were you expecting a defensive midfield to protect your centre backs or something? Mutch is a creative midfielder, a role he did pretty well for a relegating struggling Cardiff at the age of 21/22. He should be able to do that for Palace and should have been able to do that for QPR, so ask yourself why he didn't do it for you?
            You do that mate as will be genuinely interested to see if so many on this board have called it wrong!! I fear your in for a disappointment if you build him up to much as he really is average. He had one good season at Cardiff other then last season hes bog standard and you will soon find that out and im not being cocky im just telling it how I have seen it having seen him play every single game this season including lower opposition

I note on your forum the things many Rangers fans were calling him out for a few of your lot have already picked up on so he's got 4 months of this season to prove me and others wrong

No never thought we were getting a defensive midfielder but as a midfielder if the ball is there to be won in a 50 50 surely its not to much to expect your midfielder to make a genuine effort at winning it?? even challenges he was favourite for he has pulled out of

Most players you can call from day one if there going to be any good or not and Jordon was one who I could tell came to us over hyped (by many of our fans) based on one good season in a poor side as the saying says one swallow does not make a summer

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              You Palace girls do know that your club means absolutely nothing to Queens Park Rangers fans.......
              But...but....but you mean everything to us!

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              You do that mate as will be genuinely interested to see if so many on this board have called it wrong!! I fear your in for a disappointment if you build him up to much as he really is average. He had one good season at Cardiff other then last season hes bog standard and you will soon find that out and im not being cocky im just telling it how I have seen it having seen him play every single game this season including lower opposition

I note on your forum the things many Rangers fans were calling him out for a few of your lot have already picked up on so he's got 4 months of this season to prove me and others wrong

No never thought we were getting a defensive midfielder but as a midfielder if the ball is there to be won in a 50 50 surely its not to much to expect your midfielder to make a genuine effort at winning it?? even challenges he was favourite for he has pulled out of

Most players you can call from day one if there going to be any good or not and Jordon was one who I could tell came to us over hyped (by many of our fans) based on one good season in a poor side as the saying says one swallow does not make a summer
              No I appreciate where you're coming from. The problem with 'my' forum is they were judging him after him coming on having been with us for two days and not being properly match fit. I believe he was only on the bench to be bloodied towards the end of the game if Pards felt it appropriate. Unfortunately Chamakh got injured and he was was the only one on the bench that could play that position, the alternative would have been changing the formation.

I don't think he'll figure that much as he'll be behind Chamakh, I see him as a player for the future, I feel we were capitalising on your urge to sell.

Again I respect you've seen him play in the flesh more than I have, but I've also seen what Millen can do with with the younger emerging talent, what he's done with Zaha, Gayle and Bolasie. Especially Bolasie, Bristol City fans used to slate Bolasie, he struggled to get on their bench when he was there and now they are praying they get a cut of his sell on.

I can't agree that you can call most players from day one. If he turns out to be ####, I'll come on here an admit it, but I'm gonna give him a season first.

Comment

• Allow me to share my thoughts on QPR...

I reckon your chances of staying up have suddenly massively improved. But I reckon if you get Sherwood in they'll nose dive. You have a alright squad capable of staying up but they just seem a little spooked, a little lacking in confidence. The appointment of Sherwood may improve that, but the minute you start under perform (in Sherwood's mind) he'll start throwing tantrum and you'll lose your confidence again. You need someone who's going to lift spirit, install a bit of fight and someone who has a bit of tactical sense.

I'm not sure who that is though, but it's not Sherwood. You're not going to tempt Howe or any of the other Championship managers doing well. I'll probably get shouted down for this suggestion but...Martin Jol? I guess that might not sit well with Zamora but his win rate can't be worse that Redschnapps and was he managing Spuds when Les was there?

Burnley are looking tired and weak, I see them slipping down. If Hull don't get it together and gel as a team so I think the stars they have are going to have one eyes on a move and not on keeping the club up. Villa might have done enough in the transfer window to scrape this one, as much as I'd like the to fall out of the PL, they're a disgrace, to think they haven't been outside of the PL since it's creation. With Leicester it's a case of either too little too late or not being about to string enough decent results together to gain any momentum. Dropping over £15m on two strikers I reckon will prove to be a bad move. WBA I want to go down more than almost anyone (it's a toss up between them and Villa) Pulis has it harder with WBA than he did with us, but they may well scrap it.

I personally feel it's Burnley, Hull and Leicester, but it'll be a close run thing, either Burnley or Leicester could nip it if one of the others f*cks it up near the end (like Norwich with SUnderland coming through at the last minute).

I'm not leaving Palace out, I'm well aware that we're still in the struggle. Our biggest problems is our record against the bottom 8, if we turn that around we should be alright. We need to stop winning from behind or drawing when we were out in front, we've only won once this season against a PL team that we've lead al the way through.

Comment

No I appreciate where you're coming from. The problem with 'my' forum is they were judging him after him coming on having been with us for two days and not being properly match fit. I believe he was only on the bench to be bloodied towards the end of the game if Pards felt it appropriate. Unfortunately Chamakh got injured and he was was the only one on the bench that could play that position, the alternative would have been changing the formation.
                  Ah yes, I assume you're from the BBS too?

Are you Glaziers Fan?

Comment

Allow me to share my thoughts on QPR...

I reckon your chances of staying up have suddenly massively improved. But I reckon if you get Sherwood in they'll nose dive. You have a alright squad capable of staying up but they just seem a little spooked, a little lacking in confidence. The appointment of Sherwood may improve that, but the minute you start under perform (in Sherwood's mind) he'll start throwing tantrum and you'll lose your confidence again. You need someone who's going to lift spirit, install a bit of fight and someone who has a bit of tactical sense.

I'm not sure who that is though, but it's not Sherwood. You're not going to tempt Howe or any of the other Championship managers doing well. I'll probably get shouted down for this suggestion but...Martin Jol? I guess that might not sit well with Zamora but his win rate can't be worse that Redschnapps and was he managing Spuds when Les was there?

Burnley are looking tired and weak, I see them slipping down. If Hull don't get it together and gel as a team so I think the stars they have are going to have one eyes on a move and not on keeping the club up. Villa might have done enough in the transfer window to scrape this one, as much as I'd like the to fall out of the PL, they're a disgrace, to think they haven't been outside of the PL since it's creation. With Leicester it's a case of either too little too late or not being about to string enough decent results together to gain any momentum. Dropping over £15m on two strikers I reckon will prove to be a bad move. WBA I want to go down more than almost anyone (it's a toss up between them and Villa) Pulis has it harder with WBA than he did with us, but they may well scrap it.

I personally feel it's Burnley, Hull and Leicester, but it'll be a close run thing, either Burnley or Leicester could nip it if one of the others f*cks it up near the end (like Norwich with SUnderland coming through at the last minute).

I'm not leaving Palace out, I'm well aware that we're still in the struggle. Our biggest problems is our record against the bottom 8, if we turn that around we should be alright. We need to stop winning from behind or drawing when we were out in front, we've only won once this season against a PL team that we've lead al the way through.
                    excellent analysis, one I concur with. The Sherwood appointment is a mystery to me, unless Sir Les knows something we don't. Not as confident about our chances as you seem to be though, Saturday will give us a massive clue to which way we are heading
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Not getting Sherwood was a bullet dodged, I'd be worried for you if you got him in.

But realistically, who is really out there for you to get. As The Glazier mentioned you won't get anyone doing decent in the Championship. A team that's middtable in the Championship or unemployed is probably the best way to go. Might be worth looking outside of England.

Comment

I don't think he'll figure that much as he'll be behind Chamakh, I see him as a player for the future, I feel we were capitalising on your urge to sell.

Again I respect you've seen him play in the flesh more than I have, but I've also seen what Millen can do with with the younger emerging talent, what he's done with Zaha, Gayle and Bolasie. Especially Bolasie, Bristol City fans used to slate Bolasie, he struggled to get on their bench when he was there and now they are praying they get a cut of his sell on.

I can't agree that you can call most players from day one. If he turns out to be ####, I'll come on here an admit it, but I'm gonna give him a season first.
                        Fair and decent response

Comment

• Kind of a love in on here now and in some ways that makes more sense as us and CPFC have more in common than us and Liverpool or whoever. In other words the model for smaller clubs in the EPL - and QPR deffo fall into that category - is the same for both, ie decent development from the bottom up. Plus supporters trust at board level...... smaller clubs are particularly exposed to chaotic owners and boards.

On the football side of things we can be honest. We have been utter shite for a long while. But darkest hour before the dawn and all that.....

Comment

• no love in on the Holmesdale site. Virtually to a man they have us favourites for the drop, most of them praying for it
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Another shite result for you raisins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Palace Fan View Post
                                Another shite result for you raisins.
                                171 posts on a QPR forum....impressive.

Comment

Working...