A Palace perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Palace Fan View Post
    Don't be silly. I'll give him 8 games before I can critically evaluate a player. Oh wait, isn't that what you lot did.
    We recognise sh*t as soon as we see it...........

Comment

• palace lad , jordan mutch is dire . no pace , doesn't tackle , go's missing ..... do i need to go on

Comment

• And yet you have dross like Karl Henry and Sandro.

Comment

• Henry is well worth the value. Sandro is good for every 5th game! Mutch is a back up dancer

Comment

Don't be silly. I'll give him 8 games before I can critically evaluate a player. Oh wait, isn't that what you lot did.
            That's why I said end of season

Comment

And yet you have dross like Karl Henry and Sandro.
              Henry has been the player of the season so far so I give you Henry and raise you Barry Bannan

Comment

• Originally posted by MaineHoopsFan View Post
                Henry is well worth the value. Sandro is good for every 5th game! Mutch is a back up dancer
                Yes much is the dross that could not get a sniff of a game ahead of the two he mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  gotta say really impressed with the way palace are run....decisive owner who saw a problem and nipped it in the bud bringing the astute pardew in...can see them staying up quite comfortably again too be fair!
                  4 managers in 2 years - well run? Surely not!

Comment

• Poor 'Arry has been a naughty kid on Christmas yesterday. Football Santa didn't leave him any presents.

G'bye 'Arry, to the slammer you go.

Comment

And yet you have dross like Karl Henry and Sandro.
                      both been better than mutch this season . i had high hopes for jordan and would have loved him to do well

Comment

• Sorry I'm late to the party...

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                        What I will say is when growing up I hated Palace but could never put my finger on why and half inching Warnock, Derry and Hill off of you at your lowest ebb felt good.
                        You did us a favour there, it may be exaggerated but it's said without the compensation we got from you for Warnock we would have been out of business so if that's true, thanks for that.

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        He'll get you about 5 goals this season.
                        Still waiting for those other 2...hopefully he doesn't get on the pitch again to try and get them for us.

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
                        Why have you ruined what is a pretty decent shirt by sticking that fat yellow trim on the sleeves?
                        You know the old saying, "Look like Barcelona, play like..."

In all seriousness, I'm just happy to have the stripes back.

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I like parish as a chairman knows what he wants and stands his ground. More chairman should be like this
                        He is the best Chairman in the world. Hopefully if we do gain investment like is being rumoured, we keep him in charge of Football Business.

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Who cares mate you're ****ed !!!

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        One of the biggest problems you face is simply being Crystal Palace.

As you are now wishing to take a more honest and sensible approach, consider this. One of Pulis's gripes was that he wasn't backed enough in regards to Caulker. A bit unfair on your chairman if I may say so, because in reality, when faced with a choice between joining QPR or yourselves, you were never in with a chance were you? Unfortunately, some clubs just exist to make up the numbers and you are well and truly in that category. Your future lies as a mid table Championship club with occasional aspiration of a play off place and an extremely rare possibility of a temporary promotion to the top division. Once you all accept this, life will be easier to bear. Good luck to you. Better to have a club with a sustainable future than gamble it all away in search of the impossible dream.
                        Allow me to correct this slightly delusional post.

Palace and QPR are pretty similar in standings, we both have #### grounds, we both struggle to maintain PL stability and Play Off trophies and lower tier champion cups aside neither have won much recently. QPR slightly pip us with a considerably richer owner and therefore teh ability to pay more in wages and that is why you got Caulker. That in itself would worry me when buying a player because he has picked big money and a newly promoted side managed by a manager who has struggled in the PL over slightly less money and a side that's in it's second top flight season coming from a strong position. Caulker money over morales might just be the reason why he's not pulling for you at the moment.

No club exists to make up the numbers even those not in the 92, I wonder if you've ever been to a non league, in fact I bet you haven't otherwise you'd know that.

I do however agree with your last sentence. When Pulis first left I had the same debate/argument/conversation again and again to fans of various different clubs. Why did we let Pulis go after he'd done so much for us? Why did the Chairman not fight to keep him? When you've witnessed your club go into administration twice, when you've gone to being minutes away from losing your club for good you prize having your football club to support over whatever league or position they finish in.

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
                        Zahas ridiculously over rated.

The boys decent, but no way as good as palace fans think.

There was talk of us getting him on loan a few weeks back. Did you see the mass hysteria and excitement? No, I didn't either.

Moved up to prem and has done..... Well nothing apart from drill Moyes daughter.

Wouldn't get too excited. Perms different to the champs. We saw that with Adel.

As for Bolassie.... How many big boys came in for him??? I rest my case
                        We think the sun shins out of his #### because he's one of ours and maybe we do overate him and yes there is a difference between the two leagues. But he's a lot better that a lot of non-Palace fans think. If he works as hard for us now as he did when we last had him he will be one of England's best wingers.

I won't dissect your opinion of Yala or Wilf because you've probably had half a season on making that statement so it should have changed.

Comment

• Now I've caught up a bit...

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          Too early to say, I think he beat Liverpool first game with Newcastle. The fans are saying wait till he starts playing players out of position.
                          Yes it is, I'm personally not singing that yet but we have a strong enough squad and we have a good enough manager. I been through all the complaints made by the Geordies and I feel confident their complaints were mainly due to Fat Ashley business model and not Super Al's tactics. In Pards We Trust.

Originally posted by Palace Fan View Post
                          How's your away form?
                          Speaking of the QPR away form. I remember when we sacked Colin someone told me that in Palace/QPR matches, Colin had won ever one of them regardless of which side he was in charge off. Maybe if you appointed him you might beat us at home and that might kick start some away form!?

Good luck if you like your players slow, who can't pass or tackle, hide on the pitch and have no guts your in for a treat as Mutch is one of the poorest players I have ever seen in the hoops and I have seen some dross over the years

If you take him your doing us a favour so thanks can't say we will miss him as he never arrived.

Check thread on main board to see what your getting you have been sold if true a puppy
                          But he was good for Cardiff. QPR failed to bring him on maybe, failed to play to his strengths, failed to motivate him to train for you, lacks confidence. I don't think Palace (Pardew and Millen) will have that problem. I mean look how Zaha how blossomed. I see potential in Mutch, I believe some QPR fans do too and are sad to see him go as some of you would like to see him under new management.

Your going to find out very soon that it is great business done by us and poor by yourselves. Rivalries aside he really is pony player and if you every get him off the injury table you will see it for yourself.

Will be interested to get your views of him come end of the season
                          I will be happy to come back here at the end of the season and give my views.

But considering you are all pointing out that he doesn't tackle, were you expecting a defensive midfield to protect your centre backs or something? Mutch is a creative midfielder, a role he did pretty well for a relegating struggling Cardiff at the age of 21/22. He should be able to do that for Palace and should have been able to do that for QPR, so ask yourself why he didn't do it for you?

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          4 managers in 2 years - well run? Surely not!
                          Not the Chairman's fault (entirely). Dougie the Traitor Turncoat left because Bolton flashed the cash, Holloway was out of his depth as soon as he got in the PL and left by mutual consent but he was a good appointment for a side that thought they were building themselves back up in the Championship after administration, Pulis good appointment but walked out on us in a tantrum - victims of our own success and Colin was a stop gap before we could lure Pardew.

Comment

• Nice to see another fellow of the red an' blue flock.

Comment

Nice to see another fellow of the red an' blue flock.
                              I totally agree, & its good to see that he isn't a numpty like the other palace fan who keeps popping up on this thread with drivel.

I don't agree with all his points; but alot of what he has been saying does make sense.
                              Maybe the other palace fan on this thread could learn a thing or 2 from him
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                I totally agree, & its good to see that he isn't a numpty like the other palace fan who keeps popping up on this thread with drivel.

I don't agree with all his points; but alot of what he has been saying does make sense.
                                Maybe the other palace fan on this thread could learn a thing or 2 from him

Comment

Working...
                                X