X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Match Thread

Moses or Uncle ?

Comment

you can't drop moses he has been our most consistent player in the last couple of games - plus he is a better defender than Albert

Comment

Moses a better defender than Albert yes, Moses is a defender Alberts a froward/winger not a defender, still dubious about Moses as a defender

Comment

I would be very tempted to put Sanderson in ahead of Dickie, who has looked more leggie than normal of late.

I assume Dion's ban has finished now? If not then defo do this for the Peterborough game.

Comment

Uncle is bound to do the business against his old team.
            F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by Havelock66 View Post
              Moses a better defender than Albert yes, Moses is a defender Alberts a froward/winger not a defender, still dubious about Moses as a defender
              I thought Albert was brilliant in January/February - defending and attacking. Much like everyone else though, he struggles for consistency. Personally, I'm less convinced by Moses.

I'm cheering on Birmingham, Derby and the fakes tonight.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Uncs was shocking at Blackburn, worst defensive display I've ever seen. He can't start ahead of Moses. Let's face it, we played 5 at the back against Luton... calling Lee and Moses "wingbacks" is just preposterous - they simply do not get forward enough. I'd rather stop pretending and admit they're actually full-backs.
                In any case, fullbacks can and do get forward, it's not just sexy wingbacks that do that. People forget that Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander Arnold are straight up pukka full-backs and part of a back four.
                I'm not getting at Uncs, we need him to play as a winger or outside-forward to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Uncs was shocking at Blackburn, worst defensive display I've ever seen. He can't start ahead of Moses. Let's face it, we played 5 at the back against Luton... calling Lee and Moses "wingbacks" is just preposterous - they simply do not get forward enough. I'd rather stop pretending and admit they're actually full-backs.
                  In any case, fullbacks can and do get forward, it's not just sexy wingbacks that do that. People forget that Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander Arnold are straight up pukka full-backs and part of a back four.
                  I'm not getting at Uncs, we need him to play as a winger or outside-forward to be effective.
                  I don’t know how you can say Wallace and Moses don’t get forward enough- both of them are often our most advanced players - the amount of times Wallace is pelting down the wing offering an overlap only for chair or willock to cut inside and then pass backwards is frustrating and the most crosses from the right in the last 3 games have come from Moses

the problem is the slow passing between the back 3 that means the ball is so slow reaching either wing back

Comment

Going to need a bit of spirit, which they did show at Luton, and a hefty dollop of luck to get something from this game, and probably the rest of the games this season, if you can't be good, be lucky!!

Comment

Get back to the winning ugly form again, that'll do for me

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

I don’t know how you can say Wallace and Moses don’t get forward enough- both of them are often our most advanced players - the amount of times Wallace is pelting down the wing offering an overlap only for chair or willock to cut inside and then pass backwards is frustrating and the most crosses from the right in the last 3 games have come from Moses

the problem is the slow passing between the back 3 that means the ball is so slow reaching either wing back
                        They don't drive us forward and attack the final third. They never push the opposition's wide players backwards. You are right about our slow play and that's exactly why I don't consider that Moses/Lee slowly drifting past the halfway line as we lumber forwards are fulfilling a WB role... they're simply FBs who sometimes push up.

Anyway, main point is I think Uncs is not very good at defending, he's got no defensive "radar". So, I'd rather see Moses fulfilling the role irrespective of what it's called. I dunno how you'd accommodate them both in the team but I think they'd make a good pairing down our right flank.

Comment

Above all else play Willock from the start

Comment

I believe this would be our best starting eleven but Warburton will never go to a back four
                            Dieng

Moses Sanderson Dunne Macallam

Albert Johansen Field Willock

Gray Dykes

I know Dieng and Dykes are injured but i would put Austin and Marshall in until they are fit , i believe that would be our best formation

Comment

Let’s hope the forest players have one eye on the big gave v Liverpool at the weekend and don’t want to risk getting injured

Comment

Working...
                              X