No announcement yet.

Derby Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would normally agree, and believe we are definitely playing better ball of late, but today was not "hard fought" -- we were beat to almost every ball, no one seemed more than mildly interested in being creative or involved, and tbh the 1-0 final was unfair to Derby; they totally dominated us. Not sure what to make of it; was a total team let down.

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    Not great but let's be honest if the header goes in off the post.
    ...... Hard fought draw. Good run continues blah blah blah. Still think we will turn Brighton over next week.

Comment

• It probably didn`t help us that Pawel was ill.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Think we saw tonight why manning has been on the bench recently. He looks exhausted and game passed him by perhaps euphoria of breaking into side etc is catching up with him but he will be better for it next season

Comment

• Derby played it s off the park tonight no excuses we were not good enough

Comment

• Very valid point regarding Manning.^^
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• Put this one to bed lads. I do think we need to rethink the hall in midfield option if we want to be a top half team. Beckenbauer he is not

Comment

• Mackie down the right wing would have helped relieve the constant pressure we were under tailor made for him this game

Comment

• Shame Rowett was in place for this game. I think they may finally be the real deal next season.

Comment

• We were #### tonight , really ####. Second half did we even get in their half ? Really poor performance , hopefully it's a 1 off.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Think we saw tonight why manning has been on the bench recently. He looks exhausted and game passed him by perhaps euphoria of breaking into side etc is catching up with him but he will be better for it next season
                      We were totally overrun in midfield, was embarsssing . Also playing 5 across the back / midfield (depending on how the game was going) we also seem to have no control over the wings ffs?! Overall a terrible game we were lucky to get away with a 1-0 defeat.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• first opening minutes I thought we'd give them a hiding, then you could see how unbalanced we were. Derby deserved the win, we weren't at the races, very poor
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          Be interesting to hear Ollies take on it
                          I'm saying nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            We were totally overrun in midfield, was embarsssing . Also playing 5 across the back / midfield (depending on how the game was going) we also seem to have no control over the wings ffs?! Overall a terrible game we were lucky to get away with a 1-0 defeat.
                            Exactly this, it was almost as if the wing backs had been told to tuck in and stay narrow while defending, was shocking to watch, needed to press in the wide areas far quicker, and eventually we were punished. Derby exploited it time and time again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post

Derby closed us down so hard we could not breath reminded me of the play off final game
                              Any team that is pressed look rubbish regardless of the result, even Barcelona

Comment

• Would almost like to see us go with a normal back 4 with two proper wide players rather than full/wing backs. Seems sometimes that Ollie is trying to be too tactical with his line ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X