No announcement yet.

Derby Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quite like three at the back. Furlong is good defender but he's still learning game from positional sense

Comment

• I agree regarding Furlong, He was virtually all over the place positionally.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I quite like three at the back. Furlong is good defender but he's still learning game from positional sense
        Prefer 4 at the back myself but Ollie seems to have us playing well with this system most of the time. He needs to have the balls to change things if it ain't working though. Last night it was clear from early on that we were set up wrong!

Comment

• Felt like end of term ennui already. Hopefully Olly can fire them up for the Brighton game, because I think I'll go to that and I'd LOVE us to beat them!

Comment

• Furlong and Bidwell are awful players although Furlong needs to go out on loan to learn his trade a bit more, it had taken IH to long to work out the problem and correct it, the players should not have been so flat after 2 weeks off, but can't complain about the last few weeks, hope it continues into next season with a few more players added to the squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Felt like end of term ennui already. Hopefully Olly can fire them up for the Brighton game, because I think I'll go to that and I'd LOVE us to beat them!
              Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Heads up: It's Conor Washington, not Connor, everybody....
              Heads up mate: It's Ollie, not Olly :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                Furlong and Bidwell are awful players although Furlong needs to go out on loan to learn his trade a bit more, it had taken IH to long to work out the problem and correct it, the players should not have been so flat after 2 weeks off, but can't complain about the last few weeks, hope it continues into next season with a few more players added to the squad.
                Bidwell has been solid more often than not this season.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                  Furlong and Bidwell are awful players although Furlong needs to go out on loan to learn his trade a bit more, it had taken IH to long to work out the problem and correct it, the players should not have been so flat after 2 weeks off, but can't complain about the last few weeks, hope it continues into next season with a few more players added to the squad.
                  Don't see that myself Bidwell has looked very steady and Furlong is a kid learning his trade, something we have craved for in recent years. Certainly not awful and both worthy squad players.

Comment

• I don't understand why we didn't just go for it last night, would rather have had 15-20 shots
                    attempted and lost 0-1 than one or two efforts.
                    Poor show from the lads

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Don't see that myself Bidwell has looked very steady and Furlong is a kid learning his trade, something we have craved for in recent years. Certainly not awful and both worthy squad players.
                      I like them both........but neither are wing backs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        I like them both........but neither are wing backs!
                        Couldn't agree more. Pals and I were discussing this in pub after Rotherham game. Both are capable in a flat back 4, but in a formation with wing backs the wide men are required to offer so much more, especially going forward - they need to be almost wingers (ala Walker and Rose at Spurs). When Bidwell and Furlong are these wide men it really doesn't work. Tbh I would like to see Robinson and Pav as the widemen if Ollie persists with that shape .
                        Last edited by MattyRangers; 01-04-2017, 02:17 PM.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post
                          I actually did not say that Ned played badly if you read my post

However he gave away 3 passes as the last man that were awful and would all normally have resulted in goals

Remember you only need to to give the ball away once as the last man to lose a game van.
                          wasn't having a dig mate, just thought Ned was the best out of a bad bunch. Not pretty but did enough to keep it at 1-0 with some important blocks and challenges.Roll on villa
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• We've had a good month and we did well to keep it tight at the back, under JFH we would've lost by 5 or 6.

It's all about next year and we're heading in the right direction.

Comment

• I just think there was a lot of positivity from the derby fans that effected the derby team
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Heads up mate: It's Ollie, not Olly :-)
                                It bloody well isn't Stanley, it's Olly!

Comment

Working...
                                X