RB LEIPZIG v QPR **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    We're also short of players in the No. 9 role and the No.2 role too. We also need to resolve the issues in the No. 1 role. Fortunately, we seem ok for players in the No. 3 role, so that's not so bad.
    ...should revert to the old fashioned Inside Left, Wing Half etc etc sort of positions. A lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      ...should revert to the old fashioned Inside Left, Wing Half etc etc sort of positions. A lot easier.
      Haha yes. It always amuses me when people use the term "classic no. 10". That used to be an inside left or right, can't remember which
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We're also short of players in the No. 9 role and the No.2 role too. We also need to resolve the issues in the No. 1 role. Fortunately, we seem ok for players in the No. 3 role, so that's not so bad.
        This again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          I think HR will have learned a hell of a lot more losing this game than if we had won.
          If his tweet is anything to go by, TF is the one who must have learned from this. We need more than 2 signings..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

...exactly......... good to see the so called expert analysts flexing their muscles yet again and it's only pre season!!!!!!!!
            Oh so sorry TW didn't mean to upset your delicate state, oh and not so much with the so called!

Comment

Haha yes. It always amuses me when people use the term "classic no. 10". That used to be an inside left or right, can't remember which
              10 was inside left, 8 inside right, 4 right half, 6 left half etc etc....does that age me a bit?!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                Oh so sorry TW didn't mean to upset your delicate state, oh and not so much with the so called!
                what's that got to do with a delicate state ricky? just amuses me how some over think and over analyse a game, especially a friendly.....that's all!

Comment

We need midfeilders been saying this for ages - we got no bloody creativity....if we dont fix that we will struggle. I hope people relise how good ferdinand is as signing from this little glimpse.

Comment

what's that got to do with a delicate state ricky? just amuses me how some over think and over analyse a game, especially a friendly.....that's all!
                    I gotta agree here, result and performance at this stage of preseason doesnt matter one little bit.

Edit: Actually the result might, win breeds confidence, loss gives Harry an idea what needs to be changed or added.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Doesnt mean anything to me whether we win or lose friendlies, serious as well. they are frendlies, and a chance for players to get match fit again ready for the new season. Not meaningful competitive matches.

Comment

• I remember not very far back we had a brilliant pre-season (well results) only to start the season off terribly. As others have said its all about match fitness, team building and trying different things. The game that really counts is Hull and then Spurs etc etc etc
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Harry's post-match assessment: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/26...-1784108.aspx?

Comment

• Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            10 was inside left, 8 inside right, 4 right half, 6 left half etc etc....does that age me a bit?!!!!!!
                            Well past it
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• How anyone can over judge a frinedly where we played 10 odd players who wont be near the first 11 is beyond me. F*** me its pre season its about trying new things, getting fit and use to playing with your colleagues and in top ofd that its only the second bloody game.
                              Some need to get a grip.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                                Not really sure what to make of that why we are only playing one up front with three at the back is beyond me. Whilst it is only pre season the same issues are apparent as last year, sit too deep hence no pressure on the ball, don't support the striker quick enough so he gets isolated and have little creativity.

Ferdinand looked a class act so hopefully relax a few, collision and Oneill on that show not worth a contract. Despite the praise above I thought Faulin was poor, gave the ball away for the second goal and looked a mile off it. Simpson is not an attacking right back no composure on the ball and decision making and final ball awful. Hope Fernades was watching certainly need more than 2 or 3. Two midfield, one attacking, one defensive, two strikers and attacking right back a must. Would probably add a left back as Trore continues his injured every other week regime.

Hopefully this will show where we are lacking and we push on.
                                Agreed. I know it's 2nd game in but look miles away. Come Ireland next week need to be playing near to main starting 11. Well short on quality though. Lets hope have a good week in transfer market

Comment

Working...
                                X