• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redknapp out!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      I remember not very far back we had a brilliant pre-season (well results) only to start the season off terribly. As others have said its all about match fitness, team building and trying different things. The game that really counts is Hull and then Spurs etc etc etc
      Yep, the season we went down we were unbeaten in preseason
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• I agree re pre season and if it was just fitness issues, mis-timed passes etc wouldn't be too worried. Yes we had a poorly balanced team but that's due to lack of depth in the squad. The worry is the way we set up, currently we do not have the players to play the system we are trying, no legs or creativity in midfield and nil threat to the opposition, and a real reluctance to play two strikers even though the system allows it, sound familiar.

Hopefully it will clarify our needs but as I said before it doesn't help when Fernandes continually talks about transfers and if he thinks 2 or 3 will solve it we are in trouble. Sure it's all in hand but it would have been so much nicer to have looked the part even if we had lost or drawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Yep, the season we went down we were unbeaten in preseason
          Indeed, and the season we went up Southend beat us 2-0 iirc.

Comment

• These days, I guess Harry is feeling a bit like this character:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...8DD9EB38B9DC77
            Last edited by Shania; 26-07-2014, 10:37 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• shite game..sunburnt yet soaked through...60 or so Rs huddled under a tiny beer tent during a 30 minute torrential downpour singing magic hat though...good times

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                I agree re pre season and if it was just fitness issues, mis-timed passes etc wouldn't be too worried. Yes we had a poorly balanced team but that's due to lack of depth in the squad. The worry is the way we set up, currently we do not have the players to play the system we are trying, no legs or creativity in midfield and nil threat to the opposition, and a real reluctance to play two strikers even though the system allows it, sound familiar.

Hopefully it will clarify our needs but as I said before it doesn't help when Fernandes continually talks about transfers and if he thinks 2 or 3 will solve it we are in trouble. Sure it's all in hand but it would have been so much nicer to have looked the part even if we had lost or drawn.
                Rick I get what your saying mate and I genuinely agree with you on lots of your threads, including the depth of the squad. But you know from your coaching that even if we had a perfect 11 we would be experimenting in these games. I know your worry is the same as me with 3 5 2 and I get that fella and im with you on that but I do still feel its a little early to worry about the quality of performance at present so ealry in pre season.
                If by the end of next week we still have no more signings we played two more games looking off pace ect I think it will be a concern but I personally wont look to much into yesterdays defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  Indeed, and the season we went up Southend beat us 2-0 iirc.
                  Wasnt it Peterborough?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Joey's verdict: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T68P...ra***efklvTO5w

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                      sit too deep hence no pressure on the ball, don't support the striker quick enough so he gets isolated and have little creativity.
                      agree, been saying it for months, problem is if you're as slow at the back as we are its tempting to sit deep.

Only a friendly, but for me illustrated our major problems. No creativity, no pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Wasnt it Peterborough?
                        Youre right Ginge. Drew against Exeter, lost to Posh and beat Southend. It's Harry's fault for confusing me when he got those results mixed up the other day!

Comment

• Just out of interest how long (if any) was our starting 11 on the pitch at the same time in both friendlies???? Makes no real sense to judge a team when they wont even be playing for us come the start of the season..... 1st couple of games since last season so fitness is also going to be low... I'll judge our team at the end of pre season and when 'all' our signings are done!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Just out of interest how long (if any) was our starting 11 on the pitch at the same time in both friendlies???? Makes no real sense to judge a team when they wont even be playing for us come the start of the season..... 1st couple of games since last season so fitness is also going to be low... I'll judge our team at the end of pre season and when 'all' our signings are done!!
                            That's exactly the problem though. Whoever plays, there is zilch sign of anyone creating anything. Of course it will improve with fitness, but as things stand we are miles off going forward. These games have helped highlight the issue. That is the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Just out of interest how long (if any) was our starting 11 on the pitch at the same time in both friendlies???? Makes no real sense to judge a team when they wont even be playing for us come the start of the season..... 1st couple of games since last season so fitness is also going to be low... I'll judge our team at the end of pre season and when 'all' our signings are done!!

My sentiments exactly. Harry knows the score and knows that half the players playing wont be near the first 11. we will be bringing in more players and come the end of pre season we will start to gauge a true understanding of our depth, quality and fromation harry wants but to judge now when harry is changing starting 11 per 45 mins and clearly not putting teams out he plans to be playing together is just ludicrous.
                              If harry had put out our best 11 yesterday that we have currently for 75 mins im sure it would of been a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

My sentiments exactly. Harry knows the score and knows that half the players playing wont be near the first 11. we will be bringing in more players and come the end of pre season we will start to gauge a true understanding of our depth, quality and fromation harry wants but to judge now when harry is changing starting 11 per 45 mins and clearly not putting teams out he plans to be playing together is just ludicrous.
                                If harry had put out our best 11 yesterday that we have currently for 75 mins im sure it would of been a different story.
                                Exactly Maids. I think some people just debate things for the sake of debating and don't realise there's actually no reason (makes no sense) to do so!.... but hey its a forum so let them be happy and debate away.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X