No announcement yet.

Leon Jeanne Documentary - Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leon Jeanne Documentary - Can you help?

I am currently working on a documentary on former QPR player Leon Jeanne. The documentary will begin shooting in two weeks and will not only document Leon's turbulent life to date but will also follow him getting fit in an attempt to make a Football League comeback this summer.

We are interviewing many of Leon's former team-mates from his time at QPR but what we would also really like to get hold of is any footage or programme/newspaper articles on him. I have included a link below which details the games Leon featured in for QPR. If anyone has any footage of these games or anything else in regard to Leon then I would love to hear from you!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=129

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=128

Can't be of any help I'm afraid (unless you want some 80s "adult" VHSs that have mildly sticky cases?), but this documentary sounds pretty good tbf; always have had the odd check up on how Leon was getting on. Remember him bursting onto the scene here and thinking what a player he could have been. Will make a good watch that - good luck getting some footage.

I seem to remember SSN doing a bit about him when he first came onto the scene - be intersting to watch that back now.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

saw him score in ladbroke grove one night...though i dont like to talk about it!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

This quote is from former Swindon and Bristol City player, Christian Roberts', autobiography:

“Growing up Leon was an unbelievable talent, by far the most promising player in Cardiff and in all honesty probably Wales, if not all of the UK. He was a phenomenon! All of the big clubs were chasing him and I fully expected him to become a mega star. I’ll make a big statement here but I truly believe it, on the basis of sheer talent Leon was better than Craig Bellamy.

For as long as I live I will never forget the time we both played for Wales Under 21’s against Belarus together, he was untouchable that night. Their defenders couldn’t handle him and in the end they must have had four players trying to man mark him but he skinned them all. Out of all the pros I have played with over the years he is still the most talented. The way his career has turned out is an absolute tragedy but I know he still harbours dreams of making a comeback and I hope someone gives him a chance as I still think he has the magic in him”.

Comment

wasted talent!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            This quote is from former Swindon and Bristol City player, Christian Roberts', autobiography:

“Growing up Leon was an unbelievable talent, by far the most promising player in Cardiff and in all honesty probably Wales, if not all of the UK. He was a phenomenon! All of the big clubs were chasing him and I fully expected him to become a mega star. I’ll make a big statement here but I truly believe it, on the basis of sheer talent Leon was better than Craig Bellamy.

For as long as I live I will never forget the time we both played for Wales Under 21’s against Belarus together, he was untouchable that night. Their defenders couldn’t handle him and in the end they must have had four players trying to man mark him but he skinned them all. Out of all the pros I have played with over the years he is still the most talented. The way his career has turned out is an absolute tragedy but I know he still harbours dreams of making a comeback and I hope someone gives him a chance as I still think he has the magic in him”.
            Cheers mate, I actually wrote that book. Christian Roberts and Craig Bellamy tell everyone they know that Leon is the best natural talent they've ever seen. Leon is 32 now so faces an uphill battle to get back into the Football League but he's training twice a day to get fit in time for July so fingers crossed he can do it as it he does we will have a great film. I'll get onto Sky and see if they have any footage.

Comment

I hope you can dig up footage of Jeanne nutmegging some poor fullback with a ridiculous drag-back and flick behind his legs. It was on the edge of the area, right by the goal line, at the Ellerslie side of the lower loft. Must have been about 98-99 or so. Night game. Until Adel showed up, that piece of skill stood in my mind as comfortably the most ridiculous trick I'd ever seen a Rangers player pull off.

I hope you get him talking about his coke usage, and whether it is prevalent within professional football. It seems to be very much a footballers drug - expensive, out of the system in a few days, feeds massive egos - but for obvious reasons we don't hear very much about it. Was he taking the pish or was he just the unlucky one that got caught? Can you still perform as a top professional sportsman with a coke habit?

Good luck with the doc, should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1927JHL View Post
                Cheers mate, I actually wrote that book. Christian Roberts and Craig Bellamy tell everyone they know that Leon is the best natural talent they've ever seen. Leon is 32 now so faces an uphill battle to get back into the Football League but he's training twice a day to get fit in time for July so fingers crossed he can do it as it he does we will have a great film. I'll get onto Sky and see if they have any footage.
                To young for QPR now

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                  I hope you can dig up footage of Jeanne nutmegging some poor fullback with a ridiculous drag-back and flick behind his legs. It was on the edge of the area, right by the goal line, at the Ellerslie side of the lower loft. Must have been about 98-99 or so. Night game. Until Adel showed up, that piece of skill stood in my mind as comfortably the most ridiculous trick I'd ever seen a Rangers player pull off.

I hope you get him talking about his coke usage, and whether it is prevalent within professional football.
                  It seems to be very much a footballers drug - expensive, out of the system in a few days, feeds massive egos - but for obvious reasons we don't hear very much about it. Was he taking the pish or was he just the unlucky one that got caught? Can you still perform as a top professional sportsman with a coke habit?

Good luck with the doc, should be interesting.
                  And ask who his dealer is. Mine's $hit and always running dry these days.

On a serious not though; would be a great read if such topics were brought up. I have heard numerous stories (albeit namely 2nd or 3rd hand!) of footballers having their minders or whatever guard the bogs as they have a toot up on a night out. Damien Duff's name crops up alot
                  I reckon it's absolutely rife in football circles tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    And ask who his dealer is. Mine's $hit and always running dry these days.

On a serious not though; would be a great read if such topics were brought up. I have heard numerous stories (albeit namely 2nd or 3rd hand!) of footballers having their minders or whatever guard the bogs as they have a toot up on a night out. Damien Duff's name crops up alot
                    I reckon it's absolutely rife in football circles tbh.
                    Get yourself over to 'W' town mate its like Bogota over here

One of the Sunderland players who played saturday loves a nose up apparently
                    Last edited by SpankwiR; 11-03-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                      Get yourself over to 'W' town mate its like Bogota over here

One of the Sunderland players who played saturday loves a nose up apparently
                      The english winger that played for one of the top four not so long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                        The english winger that played for one of the top four not so long ago?
                        Beat me to it. Mr J is renowned for it. The only 1 I have heard from a friend first hand n all after he bumped into a couple of my mates in Ayia Napa 2 years back.

Comment

I'm sure loads of them do it. Jeanne, as one of the few footballers to actually get caught and ruin his career over it, is in an almost uniquely good position to spill the beans. It's not like he has many bridges left to burn...

Comment

A certain English gooner is meant to be bang on the marching. I reckon loads of em are on it, Rio missed test was no mistake

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                              A certain English gooner is meant to be bang on the marching. I reckon loads of em are on it, Rio missed test was no mistake
                              JW?

Comment

Working...
                              X