Leon Jeanne Documentary - Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1927JHL View Post
    Leon is going to talk extensively about drugs in football and the pressures young stars are put under. Obviously for legal reasons we can't name names and I don't think Leon wants to single anyone out in any event. He wants to highlight his own problems and how they wrecked his career. Leon arrived in London as a 15 year old who had never really been out of Cardiff before. He was from a tough background and couldn't read or write. Suddenly he was on huge money, famous and let loose in London. It was a disaster waiting to happen and took him down some very dark roads which have included rehab, treatment for depression and jail. To be fair QPR tried really hard with Leon, Gerry Francis in particular but addiction completely ruined him.

Over the last few years he has really settled down. He hardly ever goes out and now has a very nice girlfriend. For a time he was even helping to make sandwiches at his sisters shop and has been looking for work as a driver. This will be his last shot at professional football. He is still incredibly gifted but needs to lose some weight. He has Cardiff City's former fitness coach working with him twice a day in an effort to be 100% for pre season. Then it's up to him in the trials. We will be following him every step of the way. If he makes a comeback then it will be a great story. Thanks for all your replies. Really interested to read them.
    The very best of luck to him. Maybe not work at the sandwich shop anymore though if he needs to shift some timber !
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Leon is going to talk extensively about drugs in football and the pressures young stars are put under. Obviously for legal reasons we can't name names and I don't think Leon wants to single anyone out in any event. He wants to highlight his own problems and how they wrecked his career. Leon arrived in London as a 15 year old who had never really been out of Cardiff before. He was from a tough background and couldn't read or write. Suddenly he was on huge money, famous and let loose in London. It was a disaster waiting to happen and took him down some very dark roads which have included rehab, treatment for depression and jail. To be fair QPR tried really hard with Leon, Gerry Francis in particular but addiction completely ruined him.

Over the last few years he has really settled down. He hardly ever goes out and now has a very nice girlfriend. For a time he was even helping to make sandwiches at his sisters shop and has been looking for work as a driver. This will be his last shot at professional football. He is still incredibly gifted but needs to lose some weight. He has Cardiff City's former fitness coach working with him twice a day in an effort to be 100% for pre season. Then it's up to him in the trials. We will be following him every step of the way. If he makes a comeback then it will be a great story. Thanks for all your replies. Really interested to read them.
      Hope he gets a contract somewhere.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
        I hope you can dig up footage of Jeanne nutmegging some poor fullback with a ridiculous drag-back and flick behind his legs. It was on the edge of the area, right by the goal line, at the Ellerslie side of the lower loft. Must have been about 98-99 or so. Night game. Until Adel showed up, that piece of skill stood in my mind as comfortably the most ridiculous trick I'd ever seen a Rangers player pull off.

I hope you get him talking about his coke usage, and whether it is prevalent within professional football. It seems to be very much a footballers drug - expensive, out of the system in a few days, feeds massive egos - but for obvious reasons we don't hear very much about it. Was he taking the pish or was he just the unlucky one that got caught? Can you still perform as a top professional sportsman with a coke habit?

Good luck with the doc, should be interesting.
        This is the complete list of Leon's football league appearances for QPR. I don't suppose any of them ring a bell? Would love to get hold of that trick if we can

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=129

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=128

Comment

Hope it goes well for the lad.

Everyone deserves a chance for redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
            Got a life ban the nutter
            Not surprised

Comment

im my younger days i dabbled with the option of turning pro boxer or footballer as i was multi talented but my life really turned upside down when i met the ex (now sadly deceased) page three siren ,suzzanne mizzi at sorrels in bethnal green....i was hypnotised by this beautiful east end blonde and my focus deflected from sport to wine women n sadly soft drugs!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

"I hope someone gives him a chance as I still think he has the magic in him”

Apparently only on alternate saturdays now!

Seriously though if you havent talked to him yet track down Danny Grieves, for a few short games He and Leon had a telepathic understanding before Leon went badly off track, if he had stayed focussed at that time he would have had a brilliant season at QPR and would have been on his way to a big money transfer and contract
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I'm sure loads of them do it. Jeanne, as one of the few footballers to actually get caught and ruin his career over it, is in an almost uniquely good position to spill the beans. It's not like he has many bridges left to burn...
                  Quinny was on the case on Talksh1te the other week, saying something like they only test urine samples later in the week so all the ones bang on it have very little chance of being caught !

And he suggests the clubs should test EVERYONE on a Monday
                  "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                  For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                    Quinny was on the case on Talksh1te the other week, saying something like they only test urine samples later in the week so all the ones bang on it have very little chance of being caught !

And he suggests the clubs should test EVERYONE on a Monday
                    That would no doubt open a massive can of worms

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                      That would no doubt open a massive can of worms

Forgot to mention he kept on about the urine tests being inadequate and they should be doing hair tests !

He must be 'in the know' would be interesting if he ever went fully public
                      "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

This is the complete list of Leon's football league appearances for QPR. I don't suppose any of them ring a bell? Would love to get hold of that trick if we can

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=129

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...&season_id=128
                        Oxford most likely, then Wolves. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was any of them. I do remember it being under the lights though

This definitely did happen, but I'd love to see if it was quite as good as I remember it

Comment

Oxford most likely, then Wolves. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was any of them. I do remember it being under the lights though

This definitely did happen, but I'd love to see if it was quite as good as I remember it
                          I'm on the case. Hopefully we can dig it out. Leon always says he played well against Wolves so it maybe that one.

Comment

Good Luck Leon.

Comment

Leon is going to talk extensively about drugs in football and the pressures young stars are put under.
                              yeah right.... pressure as in Syria? Or Kandahar?

talk of pressure re footballers makes me wanna reach for the crack pipe.

Skill wise we've always been fortunate and seen unvelievable talent going back to Rodders etc.

The other topic: Robbie Fowler.

Comment

I'm on the case. Hopefully we can dig it out. Leon always says he played well against Wolves so it maybe that one.
                                Good luck. Clive Whittingham from LoftForWords seems to have a photographic memory of every QPR game, ever, so might be worth asking him too. And QPR Report forum has loads of resources and links going back years that might be useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X