Att: 8,984 (1500 wba)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
    Aren't you just a little bit bored of this now? I know I am. Let's agree to disagree, and I will put down your comment regarding Brentford as being a result of this hour being way past your bedtime.
    Deal, or no deal?
    Oh dear Bushranger, surely you can do better than imply I am a foolish youngster?! As Fraggy has stated, know your history about the R's before making silly statements.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
      can't force price cap on clubs as they are businesses with very different overheads.

Only way to make the FA Cup a serious competition is to give a Champions League spot for the winner, which UEFA are OK with. However, that will lead to English representation in CL getting weaker and us losing spots, so the place would soon be taken away again anyway.

The competition has lost it's magic and will never get it back while the money in the PL means it is a competition for reserve teams and the CL is, by far, a better watch for neutrals.
      Good point with the overheads, I'm sure there must be some kind of formula linked to capacity/regular ticket prices which could be signed up to by the clubs.

The devaluation of the UEFA cup/Europa league is also a massive factor in the decline of the FA Cup. No-one wants to be in it these days and clubs seem to spend all season trying to get into Europe to then try and get knocked out

Comment

It's a shame that so few people care about the FA Cup now. The riches of the FA Premier League have all but destroyed it. I'm astonished to see others saying they will start to care about the Cup if we get to the semis though - that is like saying you'll care about the league when we're mid table, but not while we are near the bottom!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
          Anybody have the attendances for any of the other games.
          There were a lot of low attendances, Brum v Leeds stands out.

Comment

Also the problem with capping ticket prices is that FA cup is a lifeline for lots of small teams as they get a share of the gate receipt, occasionally all of it if they face a generous big team. Also like today's game, facing Liverpool, home fans were probably happy to shell out slightly more than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
              Oh dear Bushranger, surely you can do better than imply I am a foolish youngster?! As Fraggy has stated, know your history about the R's before making silly statements.
              Know my history of the Rs, no apostrophe.
              I do, by the way.
              It's just knowing that where good fans like yourself are concerned, Queen's Park Rangers will stagnate, if lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                I was going to lock this thread as some of the comments were a tad pathetic to put it mildly. However, there is some great debate in amongst some of the dross being spouted.

Bushranger (please don't take this as an insult, as it is not intended as one); anyone who has supported our club for a prolonged length of time knows exactly how small a club we are when it comes to our fan base.

That being said, if we can retain prem status for a prolonged period of time, we may be able to buck the trend of low attendance: Judging by Bushrangers comments, I can only assume that a) He has no recollection of our history & b) is very excited that he was one of the few that managed to get to the game yesterday (kudos for making it, every fan in attendance yesterday truly showed their dedication to our club.

But as many have stated; insulting our support because of a low gate yesterday is not going to win you any arguments.

Bush, you have brought up some great debate here, but your continued 'digs' at people are becoming a little tiring - Please give it a rest.
                Are you for real?

Comment

I do, by the way.
                  It's just knowing that where good fans like yourself are concerned, Queen's Park Rangers will stagnate, if lucky.
                  You post quite a few very interesting posts, & you do come across most of the time as someone who knows our club very well.

I was a bit confused, that someone with your background knowledge on our club, had to rant so much about yesterday low attendance; surely anyone who has been following Rangers for any length of time would not have been shocked at yesterdays turn out.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    You post quite a few very interesting posts, & you do come across most of the time as someone who knows our club very well.

I was a bit confused, that someone with your background knowledge on our club, had to rant so much about yesterday low attendance; surely anyone who has been following Rangers for any length of time would not have been shocked at yesterdays turn out.
                    Well, I was shocked. Had expected 13-14000 at the very least.
                    And if not for an FA Cup 3rd round game, then at least to welcome home the conquering heroes of Stamford Bridge.
                    But, to just have 7,484....minus the Albion fans....well, enough said, I guess.

Comment

Well, I was shocked. Had expected 13-14000 at the very least.
                      And if not for an FA Cup 3rd round game, then at least to welcome home the conquering heroes of Stamford Bridge.
                      But, to just have 7,484....minus the Albion fans....well, enough said, I guess.
                      I agree, especially after the Chelscum game; but at the sametime, I'm not suprised either; over the years I have sort of got used to disapointment.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I do, by the way.
                        Oh I see - you have nothing so you mention an apostrophe error! If you are aware of our little clubs history then you would not be surprised by the low turnout, let alone make silly remarks about the fans of 'your' club.

As mentioned earlier by your goodself, I will hit the sack.

Comment

Oh I see - you have nothing so you mention an apostrophe error!
                          Not quite, just enjoy showing my education off, old boy.

Comment

Not quite, just enjoy showing my education off, old boy.
                            Not quite in bed yet...normally when someone mentions punctuation and/or grammatical errors it is because they are floundering, which 'obviously' you're not.

Nighty, night.

Comment

Not quite in bed yet...normally when someone mentions punctuation and/or grammatical errors it is because they are floundering, which 'obviously' you're not.

Nighty, night.
                              Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Comment

Didn't get my Degree in business studies or many other Qualifications to be fair

But 5 games in 12 or 13 days whatever it was PLUS Chrimbo PLUS New Year PLUS visiting Relatives PLUS people fed up with watching tut PLUS Global Recession PLUS previous experience of reserve team players being played ............................. EQUALS a missed opportunity by Business Supremo TF to fill the ground on the cheap and have the place jumping !

As for me couldn't make this one and you can pick from any of the following; it's a long expensive drive, liver couldn't take another bashing, couldn't change a couple of jobs around, was having the boy over ( who didn't turn up by the way )

RESPECT to ALL those who did put themselves through it again

"Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                                For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                                X