No announcement yet.

Att: 8,984 (1500 wba)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public memory works in a very slow way. When previous managers were hinting these games were not our priorities, everyone piled in for the tickets and then got very angry when we put out weak teams and got beat.

So maybe people expected the same and didn't either believe Harry or didn't know what he'd said about giving it the respect it deserves. It might be good for match team practice, but not so good if the replay goes to extra time, given that we've got the hammers three days later.

Comment

Last year only 15k turned up to the FA cup game aginst Chelsea, you would have thought that would of been a massive gate considering the win in oct and new manager.

My take on it, is we haven't got a big fanbase so it doesn't take a number of loyal fans to be doing the shopping, work, kids, cash etc to drastically dwindle the gate.

Some fans think large parts of West London are covered by R'ssss, the same people who think a 40k stadium is ideal.

Reality is we have 4-6k hardcore, 6-12k regulars, 12-16k goers and few thousand others dotted around plus the rest who don't often go but are loyal to the club via family, place of birth etc.

The idea that in the 70s and 80s or whenever hundreds of pubs were full of R'sss singing and telling tales of Marsh and co and west london neighbourhoods were full of housewives putting out hoop shirts on the washing line so planes landing in heathrow saw a sea of blue and white, is simply not true. We are not a big club and we were lucky to get the gate we did yesterday also considering our performances and prices.

Matters were made worse that the last home game was Liverpool where after the game a lot on here were questioning whether to renew let alone go to the cup game.

I know posters have mentioned Spurs sell out, but it's delusional to compare one of the 20 richest clubs in the world to us lot. A lot of spurs fans go to cup games as its the only way to see them, anyone can get a ticket at ours.

Our delusion of grandeur has made us a laughing stock, instead we should applaud our attendance yesterday, we are who we are when we have the loyal 8000 turning up, why question it? that's the club we are and we should be, proud and not try to be something we are not. Chelsea midweek was another classic example, everyone thought we would be annihilated but like Blighty in WW2 we showed what can be achieved against the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post

So maybe people expected the same and didn't either believe Harry or didn't know what he'd said about giving it the respect it deserves. It might be good for match team practice, but not so good if the replay goes to extra time, given that we've got the hammers three days later.
        This too.
        A pity we couldn't win against West Brom outright, and just move on to round 4.
        A replay of a 3rd round tie, not really what we need right now, and as you say, if it goes to extra time, well.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
          Our delusion of grandeur has made us a laughing stock, instead we should applaud our attendance yesterday, we are who we are when we have the loyal 8000 turning up, why question it? that's the club we are and we should be, proud and not try to be something we are not.
          Love that part.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
            Last year only 15k turned up to the FA cup game aginst Chelsea, you would have thought that would of been a massive gate considering the win in oct and new manager.

My take on it, is we haven't got a big fanbase so it doesn't take a number of loyal fans to be doing the shopping, work, kids, cash etc to drastically dwindle the gate.

Some fans think large parts of West London are covered by R'ssss, the same people who think a 40k stadium is ideal.

Reality is we have 4-6k hardcore, 6-12k regulars, 12-16k goers and few thousand others dotted around plus the rest who don't often go but are loyal to the club via family, place of birth etc.

The idea that in the 70s and 80s or whenever hundreds of pubs were full of R'sss singing and telling tales of Marsh and co and west london neighbourhoods were full of housewives putting out hoop shirts on the washing line so planes landing in heathrow saw a sea of blue and white, is simply not true. We are not a big club and we were lucky to get the gate we did yesterday also considering our performances and prices.

Matters were made worse that the last home game was Liverpool where after the game a lot on here were questioning whether to renew let alone go to the cup game.

I know posters have mentioned Spurs sell out, but it's delusional to compare one of the 20 richest clubs in the world to us lot. A lot of spurs fans go to cup games as its the only way to see them, anyone can get a ticket at ours.

Our delusion of grandeur has made us a laughing stock, instead we should applaud our attendance yesterday, we are who we are when we have the loyal 8000 turning up, why question it? that's the club we are and we should be, proud and not try to be something we are not. Chelsea midweek was another classic example, everyone thought we would be annihilated but like Blighty in WW2 we showed what can be achieved against the odds.
            Strangely, I agree with a lot you say.
            It's just so annoying when gates happen like yesterday, and it finally hits home to you, that we will never really compete with the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, et al. Never have the chance or be in the position of winning the premier league, ever. No matter how much money is pumped into our club.
            We are just a small club, with owners who have the right asperations, but are stuck with a small fanbase largely happy to be the Brentford of the premier league.
            Gutted, but resigned to my lot as a QPR fan, I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
              Blimey, D.I.C.K., you don't mind me calling you D.I.C.K., do you?
              Couldn't you dig out those phantom posts of mine attacking people because they don't have either the time, due to work commitments, or the money because times are so tough, to go to Loftus Rd on matchdays?
              Awww, shucks, No?
              Lay off with the name calling will you, unless you're a child.

You whinged about the low attendance yesterday so exactly who are you blaming for this? Obviously absent supporters. So by default, you're having a whinge about those supporters who didn't bother going yesterday. They've got their reasons for not going, the same as you've got your reasons for not going to games. Anyone would think you're the only bloke who can't get to games because of work commitments and ticket prices. Some people shelled out for an exorbitant ticket for Chelsea and may not have have had enough money for the game yesterday. That's their decision and they don't have to answer to you or anyone else.

You say you won't be going to the Spurs game because of work commitments. If you're employed by a company you're entitled to holiday. If you ask your boss nicely, he might give you the time off. If he says no, well perhaps you should think of others who cannot get time off to go to football as well. It appears you can get time off midweek so I assume you'll be going to the replay. If not, why not?
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Lay off with the name calling will you, unless you're a child.

You whinged about the low attendance yesterday so exactly who are you blaming for this? Obviously absent supporters. So by default, you're having a whinge about those supporters who didn't bother going yesterday. They've got their reasons for not going, the same as you've got your reasons for not going to games. Anyone would think you're the only bloke who can't get to games because of work commitments and ticket prices. Some people shelled out for an exorbitant ticket for Chelsea and may not have have had enough money for the game yesterday. That's their decision and they don't have to answer to you or anyone else.

You say you won't be going to the Spurs game because of work commitments. If you're employed by a company you're entitled to holiday. If you ask your boss nicely, he might give you the time off. If he says no, well perhaps you should think of others who cannot get time off to go to football as well. It appears you can get time off midweek so I assume you'll be going to the replay. If not, why not?
                Oh, dear.
                Tantrums become you, in a strange sort of way.
                What do people call you in real life, just out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                  Love that part.
                  I thank you...like all great literature you have to get through the s**te bits before you stumble across pure poetic splendour.

Comment

Oh, dear.
                    Tantrums become you, in a strange sort of way.
                    What do people call you in real life, just out of interest?
                    Well, strangely enough, they call me Richard, because, and wait for it, that's what my name is.....
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      Well, strangely enough, they call me Richard, because, and wait for it, that's what my name is.....
                      Blimey, how very dull, and boringly predictable, and yet, so very, coldly, formal.
                      Must be a right barrell of laughs in real life, you.

Comment

But dont forget West Ham have probably got their replay the same night as us so no one is gaining

Comment

Originally posted by Stevesuperhoops View Post
                          But dont forget West Ham have probably got their replay the same night as us so no one is gaining
                          True, but would have been much better if they were the only one's involved in a replay.
                          Still, I'll take a level playing field, mate.

Comment

2 small clubs in a competition that has been so devalued many don;t care about it unless they get to the semis. I can't give a t0ss about the FA Cup tbh so had no intention of going.

Yes, if we were in the later stages or against a big draw it may be different. I am quite preparred to be labelled how anyone wants for it, but 3rd round against no one just does nowt for me.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

It isn't hard, considering what I'm up against, matey.
                              Evidentally is! Now if you can manage to make a statement without insinuating our fan base is s..t then I may take you seriously as a supporter, but I doubt you can.

We are a small club, small fan base; accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                                Evidentally is! Now if you can manage to make a statement without insinuating our fan base is s..t then I may take you seriously as a supporter, but I doubt you can.

We are a small club, small fan base; accept it.
                                I refer you to post #50 on this thread, and come on, 8,984, 1500 of which were West Brom, is shameful, simply shameful. No ifs, no buts, just very shameful.

Comment

Working...
                                X