Att: 8,984 (1500 wba)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    2 small clubs in a competition that has been so devalued many don;t care about it unless they get to the semis. I can't give a t0ss about the FA Cup tbh so had no intention of going.

Yes, if we were in the later stages or against a big draw it may be different. I am quite preparred to be labelled how anyone wants for it, but 3rd round against no one just does nowt for me.
    Errr, alright then.

Comment

Bushranger - wtf are you on about? You openly make references in posts to why you don't go to games and then go on to describe QPR supporters as shameful for not wanting to go to a game that has far less meaning than a league match.

Not everyone is in love with the FA cup anymore, especially at extra expence. As you can see by the many grounds that are half empty and the teams that get put out.

People pick and chose now - no shame in that and it is rather pathetic to say there is.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Bushranger - wtf are you on about? You openly make references in posts to why you don't go to games and then go on to describe QPR supporters as shameful for not wanting to go to a game that has far less meaning than a league match.

Not everyone is in love with the FA cup anymore, especially at extra expence. As you can see by the many grounds that are half empty and the teams that get put out.

People pick and chose now - no shame in that and it is rather pathetic to say there is.
        Nope, it's not only shameful, it's embarrassing to boot.
        8,984......1500 of which were West Brom, even Brentford would have had more.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
          Nope, it's not only shameful, it's embarrassing to boot.
          8,984......1500 of which were West Brom, even Brentford would have had more.
          It would have been a big game for them.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

It would have been a big game for them.
            That is true.

Comment

I reckon the FA should do the following to improve its flagging reputation that was caused in large part by Man Utd in Rio plus improving our domestic players/England.

1. Teams that enter must field 6 home grown players
              2. Half of those home grown must be under 22
              3. Winners get a place in the champions league (only top 3 prem teams get a champions league place)

Might bring back some fans to the game that have become detached.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                I reckon the FA should do the following to improve its flagging reputation that was caused in large part by Man Utd in Rio plus improving our domestic players/England.

1. Teams that enter must field 6 home grown players
                2. Half of those home grown must be under 22
                3. Winners get a place in the champions league (only top 3 prem teams get a champions league place)

Might bring back some fans to the game that have become detached.
                Not a bad idea, that.

Comment

The 1st two rules regards homegrown players would distance fans further IMO as it wouldnt mean teams not fielding there strongest side, but having to alter it to comply. They would play a 19 year old lad, for example, over a regular player just to have to meet the rules if the side in questions' strongest 11 didn't have the required amount of youth / homegrown players.

Like the one about CL for winners though - would certainly make sides take it abit more seriously. It's just an ever so slightly more glamorous League Cup these days - as the attendances showed.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Bushranger, it aint shameful coz it's the way it has always been at QPR. We aint Arsenal etc, we are QPR, little ol' QPR. If it were Man Utd or Chelsea then yeah 8000 odd would be low, but it was West Brom and quite rightly most fans would rather spend their hard earned dosh on a perceived better game. As for Brentford getting more, quite probably they would coz they don't play Prem teams week in week out and since you seem quite interested in Brentford may I suggest you take up supporting them.

Comment

Anybody have the attendances for any of the other games.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                        Bushranger, it aint shameful coz it's the way it has always been at QPR. We aint Arsenal etc, we are QPR, little ol' QPR. If it were Man Utd or Chelsea then yeah 8000 odd would be low, but it was West Brom and quite rightly most fans would rather spend their hard earned dosh on a perceived better game. As for Brentford getting more, quite probably they would coz they don't play Prem teams week in week out and since you seem quite interested in Brentford may I suggest you take up supporting them.
                        Aren't you just a little bit bored of this now? I know I am. Let's agree to disagree, and I will put down your comment regarding Brentford as being a result of this hour being way past your bedtime.
                        Deal, or no deal?

Comment

It's ironic that over the past few seasons the League Cup has got better and the FA Cup worse. For me there are a couple of easy ways to bring reinvigorate the cup:

1) get rid of replays - would focus the teams to actually win a game

2) cap ticket prices at £20 for adults, £8 for children/all other concessions.

There are then other options which could be explored such as champions league place for the winners or even seeding the 3rd round so prem teams cannot play each other (not a fan of this but heard it mentioned before).

I also think a winter break in the league would help the FA Cup. By the time we get to third round day there has been almost a saturation of football and, together with Xmas, many fans are broke and simply cannot afford another game.

Comment

have to be a prize at the end of winning an FA cup so clubs and fans are actually bothered. The prestige of winning it is no longer there. I watch a lot of football but couldnt name the last 5 winners (or even last years) cup winners. Just not interested. FA cup weekend is just a bore and like an international break for me.

Comment

I was going to lock this thread as some of the comments were a tad pathetic to put it mildly. However, there is some great debate in amongst some of the dross being spouted.

Bushranger (please don't take this as an insult, as it is not intended as one); anyone who has supported our club for a prolonged length of time knows exactly how small a club we are when it comes to our fan base.

That being said, if we can retain prem status for a prolonged period of time, we may be able to buck the trend of low attendance: Judging by Bushrangers comments, I can only assume that a) He has no recollection of our history & b) is very excited that he was one of the few that managed to get to the game yesterday (kudos for making it, every fan in attendance yesterday truly showed their dedication to our club.

But as many have stated; insulting our support because of a low gate yesterday is not going to win you any arguments.

Bush, you have brought up some great debate here, but your continued 'digs' at people are becoming a little tiring - Please give it a rest.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

can't force price cap on clubs as they are businesses with very different overheads.

Only way to make the FA Cup a serious competition is to give a Champions League spot for the winner, which UEFA are OK with. However, that will lead to English representation in CL getting weaker and us losing spots, so the place would soon be taken away again anyway.

The competition has lost it's magic and will never get it back while the money in the PL means it is a competition for reserve teams and the CL is, by far, a better watch for neutrals.
                                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                                X