Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake Hoops not feeling too confident ahead of Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Hoops not feeling too confident ahead of Sunday!

One said their midfield was gone by the 60 minute mark, and still played extra time...

So a fresh and slick passing QPR midfield against an exhausted, physical Reading midfield...Feeling a bit more confident now! Diakite, Granero and Tarbs will batter them!
    http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewt...p?f=1&t=115881
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 31-10-2012, 12:05 AM.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

I'm heavily considering taking a punt at a 0-0 game actually.

Comment

Don't get too excited, Reading rested some of the players for the QPR game.

Reading cannot defend very well but they are more than capable of scoring,

Their forwards will be confident they can score against QPR's depleted defence.

I am confident that QPR will score at least 2, not so confident about keeping the goals out though.

Comment

So 2-1 to the Hoops then stanistheman......

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Don't get too excited, Reading rested some of the players for the QPR game.

Reading cannot defend very well but they are more than capable of scoring,

Their forwards will be confident they can score against QPR's depleted defence.

I am confident that QPR will score at least 2, not so confident about keeping the goals out though.
          for us to score 2 goals is a goal glut , unfortunatly I also see 0 0 at best

Comment

Dare I say it, put 5 in midfield and control the game with the 2 wingers going into the box

Cesar
            Bosingwa Ferdinand Nelsen Traore
            Hoilett Granero Diakite Faurlin Taarabt
            Mackie
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              Dare I say it, put 5 in midfield and control the game with the 2 wingers going into the box

Cesar
              Mackie
              Come the end of the season we'll be lucky if that group of midfielders and Mackie will have 15 goals between them.... We need to play strikers who have a proper eye for goal... ie we have to play Cisse. Forget all this about him getting offside people keep going on about. He's only going offside becasue he is making the runs, which is what we need a striker who plays on the shoulder to do. What is needed is for him and the midfield to play together to get used to each others games... they need to susss out when he's likely to make the runs and time the passes sooner, and vica versa.... they won;t get this chemistry with him on the bench.

Comment

I would play SWP/Hoilett on the right and park on the left (although i think everyone here knows i dont rate him) as Readings main threat is in the air, so we need pace at full back and on the wings to stop them banging balls in the box. I think Hughes needs to have a work with Samba as dont want to be giving away free-kicks. If we can keep the ball on the ground and not give away set-pieces, i can see us getting our first win.

Comment

Cesar
                  Mackie
                  Mackie up front on his own?.... We're playing reading at home in a must win game, 6 pointer, relegation battle and hughes starts with mackie up front on his own, could you imagine the reaction.

I would go with same back four but:

Park Granero Diakite Taarabt

Zamora Hoilett/Cisse.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Mackie up front on his own?.... We're playing reading at home in a must win game, 6 pointer, relegation battle and hughes starts with mackie up front on his own, could you imagine the reaction.

I would go with same back four but:

Park Granero Diakite Taarabt

Zamora Hoilett/Cisse.
                    I want us to control the game, the easy way to do that is over run Readings midfield with not only better players, but fitter players as Reading got a run around last night & extra time

Mackie will bust his nuts off, & the two wingers will come in & support him in attack (example Taarabt is on the left with the ball, Hoilett comes in as striker)

I personally cannot stand Cisse, lazy as you like. Zamora, I just feel we need that extra push against a tired Reading team
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    And many more mistakes

Comment

Controlling the game is not as important as scoring is. Towards the end of last season Reading seemed to thrive on letting teams have possession then hitting them on the break. We need to score when it counts, which still remains a problem.

If we scored when on top of games we'd be in the top half of the table easily. And would have beaten the likes of Spurs and Everton along the way.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to your system, if we put Zamora up top and have Hoillet and Taarabt feeding off him could be a potent attack that.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                        Controlling the game is not as important as scoring is. Towards the end of last season Reading seemed to thrive on letting teams have possession then hitting them on the break. We need to score when it counts, which still remains a problem.

If we scored when on top of games we'd be in the top half of the table easily. And would have beaten the likes of Spurs and Everton along the way.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to your system, if we put Zamora up top and have Hoillet and Taarabt feeding off him could be a potent attack that.
                        I see your point.

I just think that a tired Reading team would hate chasing the ball and lose motivation
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        And many more mistakes

Comment

I see your point.

I just think that a tired Reading team would hate chasing the ball and lose motivation
                          I'd agree with that. I think Hughes will always prefer a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 although personally a 4-5-1/4-3-3 would suit the players we have I think.

Really hope either Cisse hits form or we get a more clinical striker soon.

Comment

I can't see us winning it unfortunately. When do we ever do well against the teams around us? I think it'll be 2-2

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
                              I can't see us winning it unfortunately. When do we ever do well against the teams around us? I think it'll be 2-2
                              Yeah agree not feeling confident, I can't believe the bookies have made us odds on to win.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X