Zamora not good enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamora not good enough

I know many peopole rave abouit Zamora and his hold up play, link play etc, but for me he very rarely delivers a good performance. How many times was a move ended when it was played into him and he misplaced his pass or control. He is more of a hindrance than a help most of the time and good moves and momentum end with him. And link play is supposed to be his strong point!!

First half it was poor, 2nd worse.

Also their goal must've been one of the worst examples of "defending" ive ever seen... He was in front of the player he was supposed to be marking, didn't look at him once then acted surprised Distan lost him completely for a free header.... p1s5 poor!

Also Diakite's booking came from Zamora again mis controlling a ball when we were in complete control of a move, he ended up wrong side of his player and couldn't recover, Diakite then got caught out when his man turned him and suffered a yellow... BUT if he hadn't stopped him we could've been in trouble.

For me Bobby is not delivering the basics and needs to improve. When Cisse came on for 20mins, yes he times his runs badly and is off too often, but at least he looked a threat and nearly got in about 5 times..... Did anyone at any point in that game think there was a danger that Zamora might score... i didn't and there lies the problem.

If we are going to play the ball into the strikers feet, which we did today, that striker doesn't need to be a tall lump, he needs to be technically sound.

Zamora was under constant pressure from at least 2 everton players eery time. I thought he did well.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Del if u look at a lot of our new stars,they all 2 seasons ago dream signings.But we in the Prem and all the teams buy quality and a lot younger than a lot of our squad.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Agreed mate.

unfortunately we will be stuck with Cisse and Zamora for a season or 2 yet.

Comment

Doesn't look like he is trying 100% to me. Switches off too many times, yard off the pace, doesn't anticipate anything.
          :drunk:

Comment

he is an old fashioned centre forward. needs someone to feed off his knock downs. the inexplicable thing today for me was taking him off. if you cant play zamora and cisse together up front when we are home against ten men, when will we ever? and if we never can that's a problem, because cisse doesn't seem to be able to hold the line and zamora is a heskey style creator for others, not a lethal finisher. it is going to put a lot of pressure on the likes of hoilet, tabs and granero to score a lot of goals and i can't see any of them (possibly hoilet aside) scoring hat-fulls.

Comment

And todays match scapegoat is..................Bobby Zamora. Take a bow son!
              Bob did well today btw.

Comment

Tries his best but not good enough for the Prem anymore

Dont need a hold up man but a striker who can score goals

Comment

Cost us the game IMO

Comment

well andy carroll wd be better but we don't have him - we have bobby zamora. so how about trying to get behind him?

Comment

Bobby linked the play, held up and played others in,battled away on his own versus 2 defenders, closed down when we didn't have the ball...sorry Del but that is unbelieveable.
                      As for Cisse he was and has been awful and I mentioned it on the match thread, not that I'm slaggin him off, he just doesn't seem himself, but BZ has had a good game.........

Comment

I agree with clive

I AGREE WITH CLIVE ON LFW FANS NET,hughes keeps picking the wrong side

today we needed 90 mins of cisse,we got that lucky start but needed to score again,and zamora wont score again for the next ten games
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

So Cisse could wear out the linesman? He would have been knackered having to lift his flag up and down for 90 minutes. Maybe by the end of the game he would have given up flagging? I like your thinking!

Comment

Funny that

We all know that Cisse and Hoillett would have worked better up front then sleepy Zamora but MH cant see it

Comment

Clive is wrong. The starting 11 was right.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2